What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

advice needed *flush pre harvest coco*

mrma

Hi guys,

been reading a lot about flushing pre harvest..and there is tons of post about it, but nothing got me very convinced.

I went out of cannaboost and cannazyme and now i can't get my hands on it and I ve been always flushing using those products, now it
now it is time for the girls, and I really don't know what to choose:

-I have ro water

-some GH ph down powder sitting around since forever (i never use as
my ro with canna nutes sit at 5,8/6)

-flawless finisher from advanced, but I've mixed a bit to check ph and its way too high.

I really don't feel confortable using chemical as ph down..
some say it is ok flushing pure RO, other not, (and i think ph must be in range to let the girls finish well and don't lock them).
so what is the best option:

-ph´ing my ro with ph down?
-just plain ro
-ro + flawless (Ph way too high)
-ro + flawless + ph down?

thanks!!!

Carraxe

Veteran
just use pH regulated water for the last week, or even 2 weeks. You don't need anything else.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
agree with that ph corrected tap water will do the trick if it's half way decent water. i some times use a zym product for the first tank full of plain phed water and flush that through the system in a couple of hours, then ill put it to plain phed water and let it run normally till harvest day at least 1 week after the initial big flush.

mrma

my tap water here is way tooo bad. I don't drink it, don't even cook with it ahahah,
last time i've checked it was like 1.0 ec.
so, I can mix my RO with tap to reach like 0,1 and ph'ing it at 6 ?

gr866

Veteran
my tap water here is way tooo bad. I don't drink it, don't even cook with it ahahah,
last time i've checked it was like 1.0 ec.
so, I can mix my RO with tap to reach like 0,1 and ph'ing it at 6 ?

I wish I had 1.0 EC, it's 1.73 here last i checked, state reg is 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC, I am damn close.
I would use the 1.0 and pH it.

mrma

I wish I had 1.0 EC, it's 1.73 here last i checked, state reg is 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC, I am damn close.
I would use the 1.0 and pH it.

I use to grow with my tap water outdoor/soil and plants didn't like it at all..

at the end, I have mixed 4 galons of Ro and a glass of tap water, (ec=0.1), found and old canna ph- liquid, put 3 drops and got Ph at 6.
made a big flush with lots of run off, and I think i will watering like normal until the end with the same solution.

I have read somewhere also, to keep cal-mag until the end.. I am not very convinced about that. might go more with some sugar/carb instead, like cannaboost (for me not possible at the moment)

Latest posts

Latest posts