What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The salted coconut ....

C

c64

Sometimes I give my plants an extra addition as a start-up aid.
The new 40 Vantage cuttings, from one selected Mother plant, are on the way and will have this luck. :dance013:

My root booster and growth starter is a liquid product obtained from lactic acid fermentation from cereals (wheat, rye, oats).

After fermentation, the ingredients are

Essential amino acids,
Enzymes (protein building blocks),
Vitamins,
Trace elements,
Minerals,
Carbohydrates,
Living brewing acid bacteria,
Yeast.

I give a dosage of 50ml / 10L, when the cuttings are planted from the aerocloner into the coco. :woohoo:

The cheap product can be found under the names,

Bread Triglycerides,
Lactic acid bacteria,
Ferment cereals / ferment bacteria
Starter Bacteria, Koi Pond / Filter Starter Garden Pond.

I use the filtered liquid without fermentation residues. The products based on lactic acid fermentation
for e.g. Horse supplements, are often unfiltered and contain fermentation residues at the bottom of the canister.

There are expensive organic products, even outside the hemp scene, which include lactic acid fermentation from cereals.

:tiphat:

C

c64

I had started with Coco Slabs. Then i switched to 2.4 liter plastic pots and currently with 7.5 liters (25x20cm) root pouches (smart pots).
In the future then with self-flying and self-watering pots? :woohoo:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C

c64

Here is the gold water, the ferment cereal, see # 41.

picture.php

The first harvest is taken.

picture.php

It is packed twice, welded in boil-proof foil from the food industry.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Finally, I put the herbs in the freezer and the pizza out into the oven.

Bon appetite

C

c64

Some gumby hash from the last grow with Vantage's.

New cuttings are on the way.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

c64

Strains: Vantage + Schnazzleberry#4

Strains: Vantage + Schnazzleberry#4

My new run...
I give the plants still about 6 days growth, then I start the generative phase.
The reflector "Gavita HortiStar 600 SE EU" will come later applied. He is solid, all metal and the reflector can be replaced very quickly. I like it...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C

c64

Many Thanks [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Absolem! :)[/FONT]

I begin the flowering phases (12/12) now.
Let's see how it ends ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
C

c64

Many Thanks Phases! :)

I played again with ice water .... I used a 200 micron stainless steel mesh filter.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Phases

Nice looking chunk of hash!

Hey quick question for you. When you transplant your clones. What size pot/solo cup do you put them into? Do you let them dry out or do you start feeding everyday right away?

Thanks. Keep up good work. Can't wait air to see those ladies pack on the weight!

C

c64

Thanks a lot Old Toker and Phases! :)

@ Phases

From the Aerocloner I plant them in 1,4 liter pots (dimensions 17x17x10 cm), see picture. Then in 7.5Liter Smart Pots. After the repotting I pour immediately with fertilizer.
I pour every first, or second day, as I have pleasure.

:tiphat:

picture.php

Phases

Those pots are awesome. I like how there is a lot of openings for drainage. I imagine that you could use those pots for smaller plants in a SOG and they would work well.

And to elaborate on my First question, when you put clones into pots from areocloner - do you feeds the coco prior to putting the clone in. Or put clone in and then feed?

Then After your first feed do you let the coco dry out or keep it wet?

Sorry for all the questions, just having some issues with slow starting clones, think may need to let them dry a bit more. Going to have to do side by side on this one.

Thanks

C

c64

I give the cuttings a light nutrient solution already in the Aerocloner. I use only the substrate that has already been washed out.
I do not give fertilizers to the loose coco substrate. When I repot, I fertilize the plants only when they are stuck in the substrate.

When the young cuttings are stuck, I leave the substrate somewhat dry, which is correct. But do not dry out.
Too wet is not good at the beginning of rooting.

I hope I could help you... :)

Edit: Also important are warm feet when rooting. A heating mat is very practical.