What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Power? ... if not, why not?

dddaver

Veteran
Sure wish I knew everything about everything. Then maybe everything in my life would so much easier to deal with... maybe. :biggrin:

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
i tend to play my cards pretty close to my chest
so without posting up a resume.....

are you experienced? yes

do you think you know everything? never-only the tip of the iceberg

first seeds? 1994

first guerrilla grow? 1998

medium? always in soil and always organic

age? a few months away from the 'old farts' forum

status? thinking of coming out of retirement! lol

:peacock:

shh, don't tell anyone

Bongstar420

There is no good reason for women not to grow as frequently as men except that they are basically prostitutes who would rather get handouts from men than produce their own.

I've always wanted to meet female growers, but the closest thing I ever met was a few that were basically riding coat tails. They didn't have any self development with respect to pushin fire. They were more interested in being with a "better grower" than being a better grower on their own.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is no good reason for women not to grow as frequently as men except that they are basically prostitutes who would rather get handouts from men than produce their own.

I've always wanted to meet female growers, but the closest thing I ever met was a few that were basically riding coat tails. They didn't have any self development with respect to pushin fire. They were more interested in being with a "better grower" than being a better grower on their own.

Please don't lump us all together with the few women you have met....not everyone is out to get free weed. Your attitude is pretty negative. Why do you care if there's a women's forum or not, has nothing to do with you.

Last edited:

Gry

Site may have changed hands. Seems to be more interest in raising capital than canna, but I would like to be wrong.

Women's problem is men basically, they can't stop thinking about men and drama about some boy they like rather then focusing on a project like growing, or studying something for a career. lol They grow outta of usually in their 30s.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Women's problem is men basically, they can't stop thinking about men and drama about some boy they like rather then focusing on a project like growing, or studying something for a career. lol They grow outta of usually in their 30s.

Who the hell are you to generalize women??

To all the dudes in this thread, do you really think coming in here running down and insulting women make you cool?? It doesn't. In fact it makes you look like an ignorant prick from the early 1950's. It is so depressing to see this attitude really still exists in this day and age.

I know several female growers, farmers, and horticulturists. They all excel in their areas of expertise and would punch you in the mouth for your chauvinism.

Grow up or get bent.

Best vibes to the female members and growers!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

To all the dudes in this thread, do you really think coming in here running down and insulting women make you cool?? It doesn't. In fact it makes you look like an ignorant prick from the early 1950's. It is so depressing to see this attitude really still exists in this day and age.

I know several female growers, farmers, and horticulturists. They all excel in their areas of expertise and would punch you in the mouth for your chauvinism.

Grow up or get bent.

Thanks Lester, I couldn't have said it better myself!!

corky1968

Veteran
I'm just curious.

Has anyone taken a count of how many women are in here?

Would cool to see more women growing.

My Grandmother taught me about gardening when I was a kid.

I have a funny story about that if anyone wants to hear it.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just curious.

Has anyone taken a count of how many women are in here?

Would cool to see more women growing.

My Grandmother taught me about gardening when I was a kid.

I have a funny story about that if anyone wants to hear it.

I haven't ever counted how many women are on the boards, they seem to come and go but I'd say the percentage is pretty low.

I would love to hear stories about your grandma.

corky1968

Veteran
I haven't ever counted how many women are on the boards, they seem to come and go but I'd say the percentage is pretty low.

I would love to hear stories about your grandma.

When I was kid of about 7 or 8 ages in age. My parents lived beside my grandmother on my fathers' side.
Well my Grandmother had a nice backyard garden of about 40 by 80 feet. She used to grow flowers, carrots,
beets, radishes, yellow beans, green beans, tomatoes and half of it was red and white potatoes.

Well for one August dinner, my father got some nice red potatoes from my Grandmothers garden.
If you ever eaten red potatoes so fresh that the skins falls off you know how good they are with
butter, salt and pepper cooked within an hour.

So the next morning, being a wannabee Robin Hood. I woke up before everyone and sneaked
into my Grandmother's garden. I had 2 plants dug up and was starting on my 3 plant when
somebody touched my right shoulder. It was Grannie. :biggrin:

She told me that if I wanted fresh food that I'll have to learn to grow some one day and said
today is just as good as any other day. So for that Summer I helped her out very second day
or so learning the tricks of the trade.

You'll laugh, but I'm actually boiling water at this minutes. To boil some potatoes. :)

I can't wait to plant some yellow beans in mid-may.
That was another plant she grew a ton of. Those are
also excellent with butter, salt and pepper.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world

Grow up or get bent.

Wonderfully said, Lester.

You saved me some time, since I was going to try to articulate my thoughts (kind of difficult when you’re irritated), but you nailed it — well done!

(mostly just saddened that folks aren't finding enlightenment through cannabis... they must be smokin' the wrong shit.) :biggrin:

dddaver

Veteran
To all the dudes in this thread, do you really think coming in here running down and insulting women make you cool?? !

Wait, wait, wait. Who the hell are you to generalize that " To all the dudes in this thread..." I am a dude in this thread , so why insult me?

That is just as insulting as the original generalization being pissed on.

I certainly didn't click on here to get upset or argue. Have fun.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait, wait, wait. Who the hell are you to generalize that " To all the dudes in this thread..." I am a dude in this thread , so why insult me?

I don't think he meant to generalize like that but there are a lot of guys here that come to theses threads and seem to think that a women's forum is unfair...not sure why? But it has been like this since it was made. Ive been the mod of this forum for a long time and every once in awhile some guy will come in here and start spouting about how unfair it is to have a separate forum for women when this site is 95 percent dudes!!

There are very few women that post around here and most don't stick around, it's too bad, I can't do anything about that but it's pretty sad that women arnt more welcome here.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

I was only directing that to the guys that were degrading the female members. I did not clarify that very well, my apologies.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world

This is not a generalization: “To all the dudes in this thread...”

This is not a generalization: “To all the dudes in this thread, do you really think coming in here running down and insulting women make you cool??”

The phrasing you quoted is a form of address. He was calling the attention of all dudes in the thread. From there, a question is asked of them. If a dude answers, “no”, then what follows does not apply to him. If he answers, “yes”, then what follows does apply to him. (Rightly so.)

Not sure how you came to be insulted by any of that. :thinking:

On another, hopefully more positive, note:

To discourage anyone from growing or joining in on forum discussions and/or joining the community because of their sex (or whatever the proper terminology is nowadays) is crazy. (And any man who thinks no woman [just because she’s a woman] could possibly grow better herb than him, is... well... a fool of the highest order).

We should all be doing our small (for some of us it’s BIG) part to OVERGROW this Mutha!

That includes encouraging [ALL] others.

Peace Out.

Latest posts

Latest posts