What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pro mix

Thanks, I can't take the credit though, I'm just passing it on.

Here's the deal I geuss, it's not listed on Ace's website, but there is an ace outlet in NY that gives the part# for BX on their website. I'll be calling up my local ace within the next few days as I need some, I'll see if they can come through, or if someone beats me to it here is the ace part# for BX, couldn't find HP :( 998952779

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
is promix really that special

It's that Pro Mix, IMO, is almost idiot proof. It can be amended, or used straight out of the bag, chem or organic ferts can be used. Cheaper, (for me), than coco, rockwool etc., indoor or out usage.
Easier, (for me), to find. I feel for ya rudestar, in my area, pretty much every hardware store, (except Lowe's and Home Depot), carries it. I get mine at the local True Value.

FlaDankster

Veteran
I have to drive about 43...44 miles to get mine,at the hydro shop.I believe in supporting local business but it hurts to be bent over and told "squeeeel like a pig boooy!".It would be great to spend about the same $ and get almost twice as much product.

Chem guys.....do you reuse? And how many runs before ya toss

Organic fellas....whats your take on PM as base for a recycled medium? With your own additives of course.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I do not re-use soil.
I'm one of those, who pay only $25 a bale.
Might be a different story if I was paying $40 or more.
Still, I do NOT like the idea of re-using soil.
Sounds like a bad idea, IMO.

NFR

Pro Mix HP is what I use with Sunshine #4 my back up choice.

Pro Mix HP is a premium mix. I dont find branches, shredded plastic bags and mystery bones in it like the #4. The #4 has like 10 lbs of dolomite in it....I mix my own mix starting with the beautiful sifted Pro Mix. It can use some extra pearlite though....

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
20 buckas. the tristate area. place is a wholesale order shop, but you can go to their yard in the summer and buy ish. on a said note, its 30 dollars for a 40# bag of EWC, anyone know if thats good?

NFR

Crazy...it's 35 bucks way out in the bush where I live. The dollar has been pretty even give or take...

FlaDankster

Veteran
$30 for 40# of castings sounds about right.$40 for a 40# for me but i know he fucks me nice and slow when i go to the hydro shop.last week he was kind enough to pull on my hair some!!!!

NFR care to toss up your mix???And do you add more perlite to the HP?Dats lotta perlite.

Hey AOD......you made a good comment that i think should be brought up a bit more.Even though you felt otherwise.

IF YOU ARE USING CHEM NUTES PRO MIX WORKS RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG!!!NO LIME NEEDED.

IF USING PRO MIX AND ADDING COMPONENTS SUCH AS BLOOD-BONE-KELP AND ALL THE OTHER ORGANIC GOODIES YOU NEED TO ADD DOLAMITE LIME TO BUFFER THE PH OF YOUR ADDED AMENDMENTS.

Peeps care to add yo 2 cents worth to this post please do.I felt that should have been posted for those that are clueless more than i.

W

w.wonka

pro-mix bx for 25$ at a local agway!!! add 30-40% chunky perlite and GO nutes n life is happy for my ladies... i do not reuse and not sure if i would even at higher prices!!!

w.wonka

FlaDankster

Veteran
Haha! What up wonka! Haha cause i was just watchin the chocolate factory wit my little one before i took her to school.....and heres willy! i'm high so i thought it to be quite humorous.

$25 is great.Is the HP the same?And why not go wit HP if your adding perlite anywho?Just curious about others logic.

What GO line you work with?

W

w.wonka

Haha! What up wonka! Haha cause i was just watchin the chocolate factory wit my little one before i took her to school.....and heres willy! i'm high so i thought it to be quite humorous.

$25 is great.Is the HP the same?And why not go wit HP if your adding perlite anywho?Just curious about others logic.

What GO line you work with?

thats funny!!! good times before school!!!! i use the bx instead cause i want to put as much or as little in that is needed at that time!!! GO = General Organics... use there veg, bloom, bloom booster, cal-mag, sea-weed, and root booster!!!! also use 2 other products - Humbolt Honey ES and add Budswel in the mix of GO for 3 weeks before flush!!!

w.wonka

W

w.wonka

at 3 1/2 weeks, here is a look at how things have been going !!!

w.wonka

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

pro-mix bx for 25$ at a local agway!!! add 30-40% chunky perlite and GO nutes n life is happy for my ladies... i do not reuse and not sure if i would even at higher prices!!!

w.wonka

HELL YEAH YOU ROCK! There is a few Agway's way closer than the nearest Ace, just called one & they have a frozen bale outside for $35, I'm probably just going to grab it.

E

emerald city

i had to buy 480 bales to get that price!
:laughing: you crazy man
I had the local farm store learn to"stock up" early back years ago...Store manager asks"Do you really think people will buy dirt in the winter time?"....10 years later ...Our local farm store offers 3 types of promix,a tractor traler load each of hp/bx[they even carry pgx] All are sitting in stock as we speak..
My ? is,where does a guy store 480 bales:bump: peace

P.S whats your fert formula/water supply that works for you in promix...:hijacked:

Latest posts

Latest posts