What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights Autofem

Chillin12

First time growing anything green in my life so I have no reference on how I'm doing.

Today is day 32 since my youngest plant popped her head out of the soil. Somehow she has become my tallest plant at 29 inches. She showed sex a week ago.

The breeder stated that she should grow for about 70 days. I'm thinking it might even be longer since this is the first week I have given any grow nutes. Will be starting an actual nutrient line next week.

She looks so tall and spindly compared to my other plants. She was getting some light burn on her top leaves so I can't put the light any closer. One of my other plants is so small I may have to prop it up to get it closer to the light. If there is any interest in this thread I can post more pictures or details.

Attachments

• 20170216_093734.jpg
    20170216_093734.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 8

DjKinetics

Looks descent man,it's probably the tallest because of flowering stretch, are the other plants autos?
I had similar issue recently with different heights,growing Photoperiod and a Auto,just raise the shorter plants with something until they getting the right light intensity

Chillin12

My other plants are (surprise) photos and autos. My other Northern Lights are nearly as tall and nice as this one. My white widow Autofem is shorter and bushier. My photos are older bushier and burnt :(

DjKinetics

Maybe remove the photoperiod plants if they just taking up space and you can't find a solution.or switch to 12/12 the autos will yield slightly less tho then.

Chillin12

I repotted the photos from a 5 gal to 10 gal fabric pot. They were badly root bound. I am also going to try a SIP system on them. If I can get them the right amount of water for a bit, they should bounce back.

Chillin12

These northern Lights are only 1/2 way through their life cycle (5 weeks of 10) and they are 32" tall. That is supposed to be the max height. Does that mean they are done growing?

DjKinetics

Maybe someone with experience with Autos can weight in,im busy doing my first auto grow , Sugar Black Rose Auto but just because the plant has stopped gaining height or new leaves doesn't mean it's stopped growing. The flowers should start fattening up and start forming more and more trichomes,id push it till the full suggested time otherwise you will seriously reduce final yield and potency

Chillin12

I have a loupe attachment for my phone. Plan to watch trichomes when it gets close. Buds are so tiny now. :( Sure hope they grow.

Attachments

• 20170219_124500.jpg
    20170219_124500.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 8

DjKinetics

I have a loupe attachment for my phone. Plan to watch trichomes when it gets close. Buds are so tiny now. :( Sure hope they grow.

Word man they got 5 weeks so they will bulk up.your photoperiod plants are gonna take even longer to fully mature 8 weeks roughly once they start flowering if they indica. Good luck with your grow

Chillin12

My photos are sativa sour d. I plan on topping one and LST the other once (if) they recover from transplant shock. Not sure how long it takes them to recover but they should have some good nutes in the extra 5 gal of soil.