What's new

One question about the crossing of homozygotes

Popey

Veteran
Hi everyone :peacock:

I'm writing to you, because my friend gave me a few outdoor seeds 2 years ago. I planted these seeds last year and I was very pleasantly surprised. Plants were very big and produced very much resin in cold climates. He said that it was a cross between 2 homozygous varietes ( S5 unknown x S6 unknown). I don't have any contact with him now, and I have a one question about this cross because I don't know a lot about genetics.

Can you help me ?

If I do S1 from this F1 (S5 unknown x S6 unknown) that I will keep features of this variety (vigor, resin etc.) in S1 ? I have the last seed of this strain.

Thank you very much for answers.

This variety looked in Czech outdoor this:

Attachments

• xxx.JPG
    xxx.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 4

docchilie

S1 of a selfed female should be the same, but not as good in all departments

No this poster is talking about selfing a true single cross hybrid, not the typical polyhybrids that are clone only. Selfing the hybrid will result in an F2 generation that will be a range of phenotypes. Some will be close to the parents, some will be close to the hybrid. However, every seed will be unique.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will maintain the qualities of your plant, yes.
BUT,
Those qualities will more than likely be spread out over a range of the plants from those seeds. You're not likely to find an exact match but you will find a lot of similarities.

Vigor will more than likely drop slightly with each selfing.

Latest posts

Latest posts