What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mobile Interface Feedback

Skip

Veteran
Thanks for helping us improve the mobile interface.

Please provide some info about your device.
What is the operating system and resolution.

If you prefer not to use it, either wait until we are done testing it, or you can use any screen 800 pixels wide or larger to view the site. That means for many just going to landscape mode may enable you to view the full site again by clicking on "full site".

Or, you can just click here to go to IC Classic!

Last edited:

iwantmorebuds

Hey Skip!
If its more pages in the thread my reply button goes too small(width) and the pagecounter goes too big if its help :)
IOS iphone 6s

Edit: Also editing just working in advanced mode for me :) i mean i cant save the edited post just after clicked on go advanced.

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
Yes, currently the advanced edit mode is working properly.

Also inserting pics is a problem. I think both issues have to do with javascript, so that might take a bit of time to fix.

Page counter issue is fixed now.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
looks funny on my ipad 2. what would be one line of text now 3 lines tall. switched to regular version.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SKIP, are you making any changes to Classic view as well. We are seeing some changes with page viewing.. It jumps by 10 now. 900,910,920,930. We can use it but it takes longer to get to the page we want to read. Sometimes not knowing what page the info was on makes it a bit difficult finding it again.

Skip

Veteran
There are forward and backward arrows next to the page numbers that take you to the next or previous page.

We now default to mobile for those screens under 640px. So if your device is wider than that you'll see the full site now.

plantingplants

If not logged in, visiting threads that pop up in my URL history redirects to the mobile forum homepage. Goes to icmag.com\styleid?=101 (that's from memory.. the URL is something like that.) I don't necessarily want to login every time to be able to visit threads directly from links.

Also viewing private messages isn't too great when using a small smartphone. The left sidebar takes up more space than the message itself.

I do like the mobile formatting, though.

Skip

Veteran
If not logged in, visiting threads that pop up in my URL history redirects to the mobile forum homepage. Goes to icmag.com\styleid?=101 (that's from memory.. the URL is something like that.) I don't necessarily want to login every time to be able to visit threads directly from links.

Also viewing private messages isn't too great when using a small smartphone. The left sidebar takes up more space than the message itself.

I do like the mobile formatting, though.
Just bookmark the template you prefer to use. Or change it via the option at the top of the page.

Yes, the PMs and other pages still need work. That's why we need your feedback. :)

Skip

Veteran
If I try to use the search function it shoots me to the mobile homepage.
Try pressing the search down arrow for a couple of seconds. There should be a popup screen for the search. Your device (which you haven't indicated) may not be able to do popups, in which case you'll need to have it open a new browser tab for the search.

Skip

Veteran
Ok thanks Skip! Oh, my device is a droid.
Yes, I can replicate this issue on android devices. I see when you go to enter the search term, the box disappears, yes?

I'll have to figure that one out.

Just click on advanced search, it works.

Last edited:

plantingplants

Just bookmark the template you prefer to use. Or change it via the option at the top of the page.

Sorry I meant when I visit any link in my history (like when I start typing icmag into the address bar and this thread pops up in the URL history) it goes straight to the homepage. It used to go straight to the thread, but with the mobile view (which I like and would like to continue using), it redirects me to the forum homepage. I like going straight to certain threads from my URL history, instead of having to navigate there from the forum homepage.

Jaqen H'gar

It works fine on my oneplus 3.

It looks bad though, no offence but it looks like a hack of a VBulletin theme that looked dated 10 years ago. Which makes sense i guess as that's what it is.

Are there any plans to upgrade to a more modern platform in future?

Lethal

Works pretty nice on my IPhone5s.

Have a little bit of problems with pictures sometimes if there are multiple ones posted when the gallery popup shows it blinks and then disappear before I even have time to do something.

Letjal

Lethal

Well as you can see it might be just clumsy fingers...oh and also one cosmetic thing with the pictures sometimes if I flick through them back and forth part of the previous picture some times shows on the sides of the pop up window.

Lethal

Latest posts

Latest posts