What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap greenhouse

caligto

Hi Everyone, new guy from the SF bay area. We're finally legal! Im ready to get my feet wet and grow a few plants. I have very limited space outdoors and cant do it indoors. Wifey will divorce me lol...

Check this out : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L10BWK...lid=3RCUT6H9S8QC4&coliid=I1V7QBB3RWBACT&psc=1

Im thinking of using that greenhouse since I already own it. I want to grow maybe 4-6 plants. I also like that it provides a bit of privacy.

Here in the bay area it doesn't really get that cold but lately its been below 50 degrees at night. Do you guys think I should get a heater for those cold nights? and extra lighting for the day? I already have seeds germinating. No turning back or waiting until spring now... :biggrin:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right now is too early to plant outdoors here in ca unless you plan on growing autos
and even then you will prob get better results waiting a couple months

also, i dont know about how private this thing will be if you put up a light out there
unless you are in a very rural area, your glowing tent is going to attract some kind of attention
even with the lights out, the cord running to this teepee would kind of be a tip off

for a first timer i would suggest waiting until spring to plant and just grow using the natural light cycle

HappyTreeFarms

Living in the Bay myself I second pop_rocks. You're going to have to add light and depending on what your local municipality says you have to grow indoor, per prop 64, and this allows unfettered access into your home by police. Don't rush it it never ends well. Just my 2 cents.

CrushnYuba

I definitely wouldn't use that heap of junk. Could help you with a diy that would take a couple hours to assemble. You need light. You probably need heat also. Might be easier to build a shed and do indoor. Kit sheds are cheap and easy.
Chances are ever if you light and heat that thing up, you are going to end up cutting early because of mold.
I'm all about greenhouses but that thing ain't going to cut it. Not this time of year at least.

Lime Green

Build a shed with a transucent roof. You can also tarp it when you're running lights, or to light dep for early flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts