What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

friends vs contacts?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's the difference between friends and contacts? Should I add somebody to my friend list or contact list or both?

I think if you befriend them, they are listed as both.....never really thought about that. Could be mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip

Veteran
To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click either 'Contact' to add them to your list, or 'Friend' to also send a friendship request.
So by "friending" someone you ask them to make you a friend too.

In theory you should be able to do more with a "friend" than a contact, but vb treats them pretty much the same. I think there was some option to send PMs to friends, but I'm not sure that option still exists. Also the option for "friends" to see your albums also applies to contacts, so there's really no practical difference other than asking the other person to friend you.

If there is another difference, I can't remember it off hand.

BTW, we also refer to contacts as buddies on ICMag.