What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STOP BIG WEED before its too late!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you can buy full 5 or 10 gallon wooden kegs of Gentleman Jack. take me a while to empty one out these days though...without help, LOL!

AWDTERROR

its going the way of tobacco....too late ...didn't Marlboro already start selling M packs for 89$...I once was gonna grow 5 acres of tobacco even had a tobacco planter..talked to local aggie guy and was shocked...not without paying the man$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4...fuck em I will always grow...yeehaw

No that is fake.
It got me too though

Bongstar420

Stop being cheap

and don't buy from anyone who is monopolized in any way or who was capitalized any where beyond what an average credit card could furnish.

Thats right. Don't buy in house since that is monopoly style. In house is big box action..You know, don't go for this kind of thing: http://www.safeway.com/ShopStores/Brands/Our-Brands.page

"Big Weed" only lowers cost and quality while vastly increasing availability...Walmart

Learn how to grow your own and buy small amounts for variety or learn how to not be a drug addict supporting people they don't like because they can't afford what they want- Walmart

We the free people must act fast to fight back against the Corporate take over of the Cannabis Industy! Big Weed is already coming in to the legal and med scene in most states. They profit from vertically integrated corporations that seek to minimize cost of production while maintaining the highest profit margin possible.

The great problem with Legalization is that once the government takes over they will do just that. People in California I have heard believe that Big Weed will be the only one left standing leaving the small early prohibition growers completely out of the game. And they will not do this nice and peacefully, but with great force! Legal means, fiscal penalties and by putting boots on the ground by means of heavily armed compliance task forces. Also don't forget about the IRS whom Big Weed will certainly have lobbyist busy supporting their assault.

This Machine will effectively eliminate how you currently view the future of a Free Weed America! They will do everything necessary to monopolize and take over. Hiring away the top minds in the field leaving the rest to fight for their rights to freedom in a marginalized false freedom.

Thinking in depth about how to provide a better outlook on the future of legal weed it seems hard to stop the progression of what has already begun and will continue without a great fight for our free land!

This will be hard at first as through prohibition and the reefer madness days keep the other 49% of people afraid and keep them focused on how to keep themselves safe.

So it is important for everyone to act accordingly. Improve your appearance and act more as a businessman than a farmer or "dealer". Take a more honored approach to what you do and say. Respect gains respect.

It is important to begin open discussions with the other 49% of those that oppose legalization as they may choose to favor Big Weed in hopes it will somehow keep us safer as the government will have not just one hand in it but both.

The people that started this movement many decades ago did not start out pushing for a corporate take over but rather a simple change in thought across entire generations of people. Speak often and be heard! Be willing to discuss with good intention and use intelligent fact based reasoning in discussions.

Big Weed can be stopped. But we have to stick together and continue to speak out as we always have! Trying to influence the ones around you buy growing better pot than the big companies provide is the first thing. Beating them at their own game is the most important however.

Vertically integrate your enterprises. Top to bottom from seed to clone to harvest, sale and review. Keep out the middle man and use as little as needed to produce the best product and grow not only your sacred herb but your business mind as well.

Gratefully yours,

LT

sorry seems like a rant but I have been reading alot of bad injustice

Bongstar420

19% profit isn't worth the time. People can grow their own at that rate

The craft brewing segment of the brewing industry pulled a record 19.3% in overall profit in 2014. That's about as much as we could hope will accrue to boutique canna producers once the national market gets established. All markets tend towards oligopolic control over time. At this point, the continued existence of small producers depends entirely on the regulatory requirements put in place at the state level (later, nationally).

LostTribe

Premium user
19% profit isn't worth the time. People can grow their own at that rate

Lets stick to the bongnomics stoner! Just kidding seriously.

That doesn't mean craft brewers only profited 19.3%. That simply means they are only 19.3% of the market share leaving Big Breweries with 80.7% of the market share.

Turning a profit would be based on the individual financial summaries of the craft brewers from company to company.

---------------------------------

I would also like to note as I stated in the Ohio legalization mockery thread that, most of my agricultural farming friends think that as soon as large scale farming gets into the game prices will plummet so that it is cost prohibitive for regular people to continue growing. The price of a pound of raw tobacco is currently trading at $1.82 or there abouts.

Me thinks once the corporate farmers get going that the price is going to bottom out causing everything from dispensaries, grow shops, and most other growing related fields to shut down as they just won't be able to keep up with the drop in price.

Economically speaking with an outward shift in supply you are guaranteed a corresponding drop in price to the consumer based on demand. Demand is fixed constant for this type of product and situation meaning Price will be greatly reduced. Bring it on I can go for some $1.82/lb outdoor! I think the late night munchie business is going to get a big lift from the corporate mj take over too that is gonna be great!

Daub Marley

I don't give a shit what big ganja does or does not. I will always smoke my organic grown, properly flushed and mason jarred cured ganja until I'm too damn old to grow for myself and a few select friends and family.
Do you grow all of your own vegetables? Of course not, everyone knows that its much harder to grow your own vegetables then to buy them cheaply at the store. For those that are curious and want to try they will fail at first. Growing plants isn't that easy. You have pests, diseases, mold that you must control. There very few people that can grow better plants than a farmer. Everything in the stores will be cheaper, and better or at least on par with your homegrown quality. Clearly when people devote their lives towards growing plants they will be better than you.
That doesn't mean craft brewers only profited 19.3%. That simply means they are only 19.3% of the market share leaving Big Breweries with 80.7% of the market share.
Yeah the most profitable 19% and it has been growing. Big beer has finally realized and is taking over all the craft brewers. They invest into distribution and marketing and grow them into a national brand. You think they are craft, but in reality they are at least partially owned by the bigger breweries. Or they just copy your craft beer style and have way better distribution and crush you. Same thing will happen with weed. The market will immediately start to spread pricing when legalization happens. Some will grow in bulk and do it for very cheap and other will try to retain high margins, but look at the craft brewers, it like most industries is dominated by the mid to lower end of the market. The premium brands only control a minority share of the business and although profitable are probably just going to fall into the hands of a lower end but much larger producer that wants to diversify and increase margins.

Me thinks once the corporate farmers get going that the price is going to bottom out causing everything from dispensaries, grow shops, and most other growing related fields to shut down as they just won't be able to keep up with the drop in price.
For the most part I agree. There will be some that can run a business well and will do just fine, but there are so many growers without any vision about the future. Most will fall into the category of not good enough quality and too high of a price. It happens all the time in cali right now, so I imagine it will get much worse. The scary thing is that it takes so little to grow enough for the entire market that one large farm in CA could satisfy demand for the whole state. I would not be surprised if the price fluctuated wildly for the first decade.
A few farms produce too much which causes a glut and prices drop until there are very few producers which increases prices until they over production again , and so on.

sdd420

Veteran
I dont think you can compare the sacred herb to veggies. There are connoisseurs that will always appreciate lovingly grown herb, and growers that are very religious about it. Each herbal experience is different and not for the masses just my opinion

oldchuck

Veteran
It should be pointed out that currently only about 2% of Americans grow their own. Alaska is highest at 4%. I doubt that will change much with legalization but the market will grow, as opposed to tobacco's shrinking market. So, even though I hate "big marijuana" and will continue to grow my own by far most people will be buying in whatever kind of marketplace develops.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avid gardener, avid grower, avid breeder. Some folks have to buy, or choose to. Others, like many of us, prefer to KNOW how it was grown, and reap the rewards of our own toil.....

Unclecrash

In my county I guess the case load is backed up from 2010 I think its BS that a cop can grow in my county and feel safe them sorry fucks arnt going to raid there own. i think it should be an offense punished at the highest level if caught . They should not be even considered to be a caregiver or supplier , dirty bastards!!!

I would also like to note as I stated in the Ohio legalization mockery thread that, most of my agricultural farming friends think that as soon as large scale farming gets into the game prices will plummet so that it is cost prohibitive for regular people to continue growing. The price of a pound of raw tobacco is currently trading at $1.82 or there abouts.

Can't wait to pull alongside the road and pick free weed. lol Yeah gonna be a lot of security problems with that if your growing a drug plant in an open field.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I dont think you can compare the sacred herb to veggies. There are connoisseurs that will always appreciate lovingly grown herb, and growers that are very religious about it. Each herbal experience is different and not for the masses just my opinion

What can we do about this I ask you all?

The only answer I have is to continue to grow your own and its sad to say but stop selling your weed!

I don't sell anything as I got into this long ago just so I would not be a part of the drug war problem but a part of the solution a normal person just wanting to have my own smoke.

By stopping selling your weed the supply of homegrown will be directly affected and the consumers will be forced to either buy swag for inflated prices, due to an increase in demand, or grow their own.

A lot of the growers are in it for a lot of money but that is all about to stop. The only thing I am concerned with is the ability to continue to supply myself and any terminally ill people I might meet along the way, which I have not.

If you stop selling homegrown weed to consumers the consumers are more likely to increase their wants to grow their own. This in turn would put more pressure on legalization efforts to maintain the right to grow your own.

I have met a lot of people along the way that were in it for the right reasons but the money just changed them and that is the thing people have to realize if they keep relying on selling pot to support themselves sooner or later they are not going to be able to do so.

Growers I know in Colorado and California have seen the results that I am talking about for years already. With more and more pop up weed markets happening the price of the pot has dropped to nearly half what is once was in those legal states and the price drop is only going to continue as legalization moves forward. If you aren't in it for yourself and yourself alone then you are screwed unless you have clout like Walmart its not gonna happen in addition you are not going to be able to grow your own because they will eventually make it highly illegal again due to corporate funding.

GOOD luck we all need it!

LostTribe

Premium user
Can't wait to pull alongside the road and pick free weed. lol Yeah gonna be a lot of security problems with that if your growing a drug plant in an open field.

You are so right! but it will be just like driving down a county road and seeing a male hemp plant at that point with 1% thc so whats the point?:moon:

R

Robrites

Cliff Robinson plans to open marijuana grow operation in Oregon

Cliff Robinson plans to open marijuana grow operation in Oregon

Former Portland Trail Blazers forward and NBA All-Star Clifford Robinson, known during his playing days as Uncle Cliffy, is getting into a new game and going by a new name.

Uncle Spliffy.

Robinson, who played eight seasons with the Blazers, is joining Oregon's recreational marijuana business with plans to open a Portland-based grow operation, according to the Portland Business Journal. He hopes to have product, which would include topicals and rubs, ready by the end of the year.

"Oregon has always been known for good cannabis, and it's an exciting time to be here," he told the Portland Business Journal. "I'm excited to be part of a team that's doing it the right way."

A passionate cannabis advocate, Robinson will be a featured speaker at the 2016 Cannabis Collaborative Conference, held next month (Feb. 3 and 4) at the Portland Expo Center. He hopes to spread the message about the healing benefits provided by marijuana as an alternative to more addictive prescription drugs.

"Cannabis is definitely a more positive alternative to pharmaceuticals at the end of the day," says Robinson. "Those are synthetics. I'm talking about something that's natural that can bring the outcomes you're looking for, be it for muscle tension or relaxation or preparedness. There are a whole lot of different things that are beneficial."

On a personal note, I met this guy back in his playing days - He was in a limo with a bunch of guys in downtown portland - picking up some weed. Seemed pretty cool.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
uncle sam holds the patents ..whos gonna stop the state and government.....???...weed will go the way of tobacco..taxed to death ...yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
heirloom veggies especially tomatoes...I appreciate a good tomato and am very picky ...yeehaw..and the difference from average store bought,,, and well grown heirloom .....is just like the diff between mexi and some fire ....so yup I compared them

Limeygreen

Veteran
Vine ripened tomatoe always taste better heirloom or not, fresh picked matured vegetables, berries, tree fruit etc always better when fully mature etc always are better, why wouldn't cannabis? All grown with love and proper care and attention always will be better, same as animals, grass fed animals that are allowed to roam around instead of stuck in a feed lot taste better with a better fat profile, wild caught fish in a clean lake/sea/river/stream also taste better than farm raised fish and offer more satisfaction than store bought fish (hope the last one didn't offend you trout ;))