What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Financial Analysis of OTC "marijuana" stocks....US & Canada

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the kind of thing that's going to create some disconnect between the "legit" companies with a long term plan....which in this case (brand new industry) has real legs ...I'm from Canada and currently in the initial stages of applying for HC licenses......therefore I keep up on most companies both in the US & Canada.....My background is finance / financial statement analysis.....and all I can say is SHIT there is going to be a lot of these "big players" crashing down!!!! This example isn't the exception to the rule.....rather it's the rule!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanva...a-little-high/

I am by o means saying DO NOT INVEST, because truly this industry / companies are so new and have so much upward potential that it's scary (article today said that the MMJ industry is going to grow faster than the smart phone industry) and there are companies with valid business plans and not just saying "We're going to make $5 billion in revenue in 5 years"....if you look behind the companies and focus on fundamental financial analysis (as well as reading the boring notes to FS) you'll see what some of these, criminals are getting away with!!!! Another example is CEN (in Canada) who is a subsidiary of FITX (US Natural drug co.) and has been saying since December 2013, they've received a "ready to build" letter, although when they initially disclosed it, they said they could break ground and be ready by April 1st....however this is just a boilerplate letter sent from HC to make applicants think that they are moving along......and he's still selling it this way, re: his most recent "publicity" tour to tout the company in the US.....smoke and mirrors!!!

This type of opportunity for business people as well as investors doesn't come along everyday, which unfortunately breeds these vultures who prey on the people trying to get in on the "ground floor" only to find out that it was all crap......

Anyway, I will disclose that I am part of a group in my province currently vying for a liscense as well, however we are approaching it conservatively, starting small and growing as the industry matures and shit companies like these two above are finally gone.....it is a gold mine for first movers, however it will take a year (minimum) before the injunction is lifted, which works in our favour as were going through details at a painstaking rate (which we thought was going to mean we couldn't get one) and are still able to move forward with our private investors and start building once it becomes clearer what's going to happen if the injunction isn't overturned.....whereas the companies that have been approved already are going to be sitting idle as out of the 37K or so "medicinally approved users" over 25K grow (and most want to continue) their own......

It's going to be disaster for some of the companies that were just able to eke out start up capital and a minimum of working capital....instead of a month now, they could be looking at 12 - 18 months of at the very least, minimal revenue and at worst, IMPLODE due to lack of newly generated cash flow and their low cash reserves......

[/FONT]

S

sourpuss

Yeah and if ypu seen the product these guys r charging double triple the street price. ROTFLMFAO

kinesis

All cannnabis penny stocks are BS and a loss of investment stick with big known legit companies like Tweed or Bedrocan in Canada. I can't think of any in the US? Maybe O.penVape. Any company that sells cannabis stuffs their money in a mattress so I have no idea how you get your money out of them.

Grøn

OTC stocks are pre default dangeroush and not worth any dollar..

Only if you have personal info or familie i would advise on stock picking and follow the trends in the market, if its a bullshit company and its on the up you can ride the up but get the hell out before it turns bad and things start to fall !

Tri_Cho_Me

OTC stocks are pre default dangeroush and not worth any dollar..

Only if you have personal info or familie i would advise on stock picking and follow the trends in the market, if its a bullshit company and its on the up you can ride the up but get the hell out before it turns bad and things start to fall !

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions on legit NYSE/NASDAQ companies businesses?

Thanks!
Tri_Cho_Me