What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DISCOVERY MAY END MARIJUANA HIGH

monkey5

Veteran
My thgoughts exactly wantaknow!

My thgoughts exactly wantaknow!

well that very statement say to me It is a god given right to use cannibus as we were created to have it in our system,and it regulates it,......

True that! monkey5

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I'd be worried about blocking CB1 receptors too. CB1 agonists have been shown to fight cancer in countless studies (in vitro and animal studies). Cannabinoid receptor antagonists like Rimonabant have been shown to increase cancer rates in animal studies. Cannabinoids have so many medical uses for so many conditions. Blocking cannabinoid receptors just seems dangerous.
I vaguely remember hearing something about a study that blocked CB1 and CB2 receptors.

If I remember correctly they had to shut the study down due to the astonishing outbreak of depression, weight gain and a whole slew of unhealthy side effects started showing up. Really weird things I can't remember the names of.

Perhaps someone can find that study and link it?

Keep it Clean! :D

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not worried about it, but thanks for sharing....

Though I'm starting to wonder if my latest and greatest will get me high; fuck these month long cures.

R.Fortune

Honkytonk

... When I was young I remembered all my dreams and in fact if I would think about it just before going to sleep and I could control my dreams and dream about anything I wanted to. Lucid dreaming, also means you are aware of the fact you are dreaming... I liked doing that, but prefer smoking. When I am smoking I do not ever remember my dreams.

Try supplementing 1-2gr. Taurine and/or L-Glutamine 1-2h before bedtime.
Brings my dreams back every time.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You are assuming I want to remember my dreams, I do not care if I do......
If anyone else wants to try this I am interested in the results of a heavy resin smoker doing this to see if it works? Any volunteers?

Honkeytonk,
Are you a heavy smoker? Do you mind, of what and how much daily?
-SamS

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've used both before. Taurine helped me get to sleep faster, but it didn't have a big effect on dreams. I've used doses up to 10 grams as a sleep aid. I didn't notice much with glutamine.

Melatonin has always made my dreams more vivid and memorable. Melatonin might be the reason why I remember my dreams most nights even when I'm getting high every night.

puffing white

CDx Life Presents MyDx - The First Handheld Device to Instantly Test Cannabis Samples

CDx Life Presents MyDx - The First Handheld Device to Instantly Test Cannabis Samples

It's a lab in the palm of your hands. Using one device with interchangeable sensors, MyDx will empower consumers to test for pesticides in food, chemicals in water, toxins in air, and the safety and potency of their cannabis samples.

CDx Life, a Science and Technology Company based in La Jolla, CA, has started taking pre-orders for MyDx - the world's first portable analyzer for everyone.
MyDx leverages technology developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), used by Nasa and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for other applications. Acting as an electronic nose, MyDx is engineered to detect molecules in vapor.
The analyzer itself has a user friendly interface designed to easily communicate with any iOS or Android smartphone. Once the app is downloaded and the device is synced, a very small sample can be placed in the sample chamber, which is then heated to release the chemicals of interest into the vapor phase for detection.
Over the course of the next 24 months, the MyDx team will be rolling out the four different sensors, the first of which is the Canna Sensor - programmed to test for the presence of the most important compounds of interest in Cannabis, including THC and CBD. Using the associated App, MyDx will allow patients to track how each marijuana strain is making them feel or helping them relieve, based on the chemical composition of the plant, not the way it looks, smells or sounds.
"What people are inhaling today is more or less a black box," said Daniel Yazbeck, one of the financial backers of the project. MyDx is a device that will improve consumer's health and empower an industry with the science it deserves to achieve true and practical quality control."
MyDx has launched a campaign on the popular crowdfunding website Indiegogo.com, with an initial goal of pre-selling at least 100 devices in order to predict future demand. Everyone who donates $199.00 or more will save $200 of the projected retail price of $399, and will be the first to help define and receive MyDx before it hits the broader market.
The CDx team has created a product that complements the use of medical marijuana in order to help people in need, such as cancer patients. Consumers can finally learn and understand exactly what and how much they are putting in their bodies.
###
About CDx
CDx, Inc. was founded on the mission of empowering people to live healthier lives by understanding the purity of everything they eat, drink, and inhale. While CDx plans to ship MyDx globally, the team has made a strategic decision not to offer the cannabis application to customers in states that have not legalized the adult possession and consumption of cannabis either medically or recreationally.
MyDx - A Device for a Better Life
Related Links - http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mydx

Seems cool. anybody hear about this??? might work don't know...

Last edited:

dragon green

i saw the machine. i will try it to test my strains. pure strains of grren crack will make me high and happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunkxx

DISCOVERY MAY END MARIJUANA HIGH TO HELP MEDICINAL USERS, ADDICTS

TORONTO - In a joint scientific effort, University of Toronto researchers have helped discover a human hormone that can eliminate the high caused by smoking pot.

The buzz-killing breakthrough - the result of an international collaboration - raises hopes for the creation of downer drugs that could control cannabis abuse and addictions and for the development of new, non-intoxicating compounds for medical marijuana users.

"The big deal in the paper is uncovering a whole new ( brain ) system that we didn't know was there," says Ruth Ross, head of pharmacology at the U of T and a key study author.

"The brain has and uses ( this system ) very carefully to control the effects of cannabis. The implications of that will be big."

The study was released Thursday by the journal Science.

In it, Ross and her colleagues described the previously unknown neural braking system, which is triggered by the presence in the brain of cannabis, in particular its active THC component.

The system centres on what's known as the type-1 can nabinoid receptor ( CB1 ) that's activated by THC.

This receptor, Ross says, is normally triggered by naturally occurring "cannabis-like" compounds in the brain that are involved in such things as food intake, memory and mood.

What her study revealed, however, was that the CB1 receptor also produces its own braking system when switched on.

In a feedback mechanism that helps rein in the physiological effects it creates, the receptor produces a type of steroid hormone, dubbed pregnenolone, that can turn it off.

"We've now added another whole layer onto our understanding of that ( CB1 ) system," Ross says.

Pregnenolone "is a kind of safety mechanism to switch it off again when it becomes active or overactive."

The hope, Ross says, is that this natural braking compound can be transformed into drugs that can be used to control the effects of marijuana such as euphoria, drowsiness and increased appetite - the munchies.

Researcher Pier Vincenzo Piazza, of France's INSERM ( Institut national de la sante et de la recherche medicale ) says that pregnenolone cannot be utilized as a treatment itself.

"Pregnenolone cannot be used ... because it is badly absorbed when administered orally and once in the blood stream it is rapidly transformed in other steroids."

However, he said in a media release that there is good probability that a usable synthetic form of the hormone can be created.

"We have now developed derivatives of pregnenolone that are well absorbed and stable," he said.

"They then present the characteristics of compounds that can be used as new class of therapeutic drugs. We should be able to begin clinical trials soon and verify whether we have indeed discovered the first pharmacological treatment for cannabis dependence."

Ross cautions that the research was conducted on rodents and that the effects of the mimicking compounds could differ in and among humans.

But Ross notes that the brain system that pregnenolone works on is essentially identical in people and mice.

"The inference from the research would be that certainly this would be something that would dampen or modulate a lot of the effects of cannabis."

In the study, mice and rats exposed to THC showed marked decreases in memory loss and hunger when injected with pregnenolone.

Ross says she doubts that the discovery will lead to such things as after-party pills that can sober pot smokers up before getting behind the wheel.

Rather, she says, new drugs would likely be aimed at people with serious cannabis abuse problems.

The discovery could also be useful in producing drugs that could control pain or tremors for medicinal marijuana users without the intoxicating side effects.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/343/6166/94

Wow thanks I had not seen this,GOOD info brother thanks
Peace Out
Skunkxx

drag weed

device to test marijuana

device to test marijuana

ok so you are saying that there will be a medicin that will help a person who is abusing marijuana. But what abt a machine that will weed out harmful or impure chemicals from my marijuana strains. may be this will save me from harmful effects. so why not use the machine in the first place to make it effect free????

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Understanding Adrenal Function

Pregnenolone has been found to be 100 times more effective for memory enhancement than other steroids or steroid-precursors in laboratory mice. Pregnenolone appears to be the most potent memory enhancer yet reported in animals. Pregnenolone has been reported to not only make people smarter but happier and enhance ones ability to perform on the job while heightening feelings of well-being. Pregnenolone has also been reported to reduce high stress induced fatigue.

Keep on growing :)

clips

I'd be worried about blocking CB1 receptors too. CB1 agonists have been shown to fight cancer in countless studies (in vitro and animal studies). Cannabinoid receptor antagonists like Rimonabant have been shown to increase cancer rates in animal studies. Cannabinoids have so many medical uses for so many conditions. Blocking cannabinoid receptors just seems dangerous.

cancer is big business big money ... imho everything has a purpose but as with anything abuse can result ... higher cancer rates ? all this with the cb1 n cb2 and antagonist pharma scare me . more opportunity for pharmaceutical to open large cash cow and also help law enforcement possible mandated prescription to those on probation , parole , patients .... personally i like the casual stoned feeling mankind continually tries to control all aspects of nature ... some things in the body shouldn't be controlled to the point profit is involved in the larger picture of life ... i like being free far too many times govt intrudes by those that wish to profit .....

SativaBreather

Veteran
not remembering dreams is the only downside to herb as I used to love my dreams when younger, particularly the flying ones as sams mentioned.
5htp will help you remember them

Apache Kush

Melatonin ... I had two last night and I had crazy ass dream.

It even warns on the melatonin bottle about vivid dreams or something

Latest posts

Latest posts