What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malberry Seed Co. (pics encouraged!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Still wondering which will be the original source of the seeds, as they look pretty interesting in the pictures!

pinkus

Veteran
well, I've just been informed I have a pack mixed pack coming. I'm not too discouraged. I agree with Texan about the plants appearing as landrace sativas should. That's why only crazy people try these things out (land races or mexi bag seed), especially indoors.

The pic thing... when I saw the pics at the vendor's site they sure didn't look like landraces to me. especially the Mulanje Gold, the one that used Karma's pic. I guess I still wanted to believe it enough to try these. Plus the price was quite cheap for the chance to find something unique compared to the US commercial market.

Right now I'm growing one of Chimera's Highland Mexican, so far unsexed. It's just getting big enough to give up some clones. This is another plant that should likely be different than anything I've got in this country in the last 30 years.

any smoke reports?

pinkus

Veteran
I just got a mix pack. 26 well formed beans. I must say though that there isn't a whole lot of variation in them for a mix pack. But for what I paid I'm willing to give them a shot. But not just yet.

iv got drakensberg,zambezi,mozambique poison,mulanje and malawi gold growing outdoors at the moment, 2-3 weeks old and all i can say is that the genetics are great. all of them are uniform in size and height. way bigger than my blue hash plant aswell. the only thing is the mulanje has fatter and a darker leaves than the rest. drakensberg has a lot of vigour

Texan

iv got drakensberg,zambezi,mozambique poison,mulanje and malawi gold growing outdoors at the moment, 2-3 weeks old and all i can say is that the genetics are great. all of them are uniform in size and height. way bigger than my blue hash plant aswell. the only thing is the mulanje has fatter and a darker leaves than the rest. drakensberg has a lot of vigour
Hey can you post some pictures of your plants?

I just started some Mulanje, Nepali, Afghani, and Bhutani seeds outdoors, 29 degrees N, humid subtropics.

Hopefully things turn out well for me.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I just started up there Bhutanese thimphu .... Peshawar Afghani and Herbaria's Afghan Mango . I been on the hunt for some true landrace genetics for a long while .

I'm growing their Nepali hybrid, freebies from the same vendor.

<3 Tesla

Attachments

• drakensberg gold.jpg
    drakensberg gold.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I've got me some Nepalese, plus 2 each of Malawi, Mulanje & Mozambique as freebies. Will give a try to the Nep, probably outdoor, and some african this summer.

From the pics at highgrade forums, there seem to be some real nice plants in there, but all the wrongs going around are really sad thing...

Irie !

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Yeah, I wouldn't have paid for the Malberries after reading the info about the photoshopped Drakensburg pic. Didn't even know about the credit card problem. I'm planning on ordering some Ace and Cannabiogen, probably some Beanhoarder, and Barney's has two that I really want -- Dr. Grinspoon and Utopia Haze.

BlackBart

Veteran
I think Malberry's cultivars would do much better outdoors so I'm looking forward to your findings . I do know that they make selections in there breeding program indoors. My finished plants were OK at best ....I have certainly have had worse .

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Someone hasked me for a link to some Nepali Rukkum grow, was it in this thread ? can't find the post... anyone ?

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Hey Blackbart, sorry for late reply. here is the link, sadly the grower didn't realize what he had...

Irie !

Last edited by a moderator:

GorillaGlue

From what I've been told by someone with experience with Holy Smoke, the retailer of Malberry seeds, Malberry's Drakensberg, Malawi, and Zambezi are very close or identical genetic-wise. No word on Swazi, Mulanje, Mozambique.

Coincidentally, or not, the Mulanje and Mozambique have lower prices than the Swazi, Malawi, Drakensberg, Zambezi.

What I suspect is a brick of weed somewhere in Africa with thousands of seeds. And the batch that had too many seeds were re-named 3-4 different strains. The other 2 strains may have different sources and probably came from corn cobs sold in urban areas, and the origin is as good as the middleman's word. Somehow I doubt this Old man malberry is going to remote growing regions hundreds of miles apart and without certain modern amenities to provide the cannabis community with landrace strains. No, it is good genetics that probably came from urban areas with sources from more remote growing areas, then repackaged, relabeled, and spiced up with ripped photos.

Hard to sell brick bagseed with a picture of brown wrapped in corn husks. Probably didn't grow too many but the Malawi probably which is why the pictures are unavailable. They are not commercially produced most likely, but taken from brick.

GorillaGlue

It's a shame Karma's Jack Cheddar photo was ripped.

Some unethical wholesaler. If they had hemp fields out where this person was, he probably would have been selling that instead of the bagseed which he probably procured by the 100s of thousands if not millions.

Many growers around the world outside the developed world don't know to kill off the males. I remember even US grown top end herb as late as the 90s having some seeds.

The 100% seedless, and female-only phenomena in the Dutch scene is relatively new, and I might add, unhealthy. Slightly seeded herb tends to round out the effects too.

why did 2 people disregard my post? what did i say that wasn't helpful? anyways i believe that their malawi is very legit dispite their shady pics and practises. I think the mulanje is just an acclimitised variant of malawi.
This leaf structure and look of the plant look like a malawi for sure. hers a couple pics of malawi in veg, a month later i had to rip them out :(.
The vigour of these plants are insane. They only had a max of 5 or 6 hours of sunlight and grew 11cm in 4 days. If any one reads this im pretty sure they have at least 18 weeks of flower and i would suggest ace seeds malawi which is a hybrid of all sorts of malawi landraces making it basically a landrace with a max flower time of 14 weeks. the best malawi in seed form.

Attachments

• malawi.jpg
    malawi.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00280.jpg
    DSC00280.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 18
It's a shame Karma's Jack Cheddar photo was ripped.

Some unethical wholesaler. If they had hemp fields out where this person was, he probably would have been selling that instead of the bagseed which he probably procured by the 100s of thousands if not millions.

Many growers around the world outside the developed world don't know to kill off the males. I remember even US grown top end herb as late as the 90s having some seeds.

The 100% seedless, and female-only phenomena in the Dutch scene is relatively new, and I might add, unhealthy. Slightly seeded herb tends to round out the effects too.

You're right man, males keep the landraces alive!. Having seeded herb is cool because if i like it i can grow the seeds and make reproductions. I would rather have a seeded landrace bud over sensimilla dutch genetics any day of the week. What do you mean by round out the effects?

Rinse

Veteran

Agreed I always slightly seed my crops, I also never buy seedless watermelons, only ones with dark seeds.

why did 2 people disregard my post? what did i say that wasn't helpful? anyways i believe that their malawi is very legit dispite their shady pics and practises. I think the mulanje is just an acclimitised variant of malawi.
This leaf structure and look of the plant look like a malawi for sure. hers a couple pics of malawi in veg, a month later i had to rip them out :(.
The vigour of these plants are insane. They only had a max of 5 or 6 hours of sunlight and grew 11cm in 4 days. If any one reads this im pretty sure they have at least 18 weeks of flower and i would suggest ace seeds malawi which is a hybrid of all sorts of malawi landraces making it basically a landrace with a max flower time of 14 weeks. the best malawi in seed form.

Must say Kiwi that looks like real Malawi to me.
Here is Afropips Malawi, reproduced by Billyblog.

5bOZawY.jpg

Must say Kiwi that looks like real Malawi to me.
Here is Afropips Malawi, reproduced by Billyblog.

Yeah they always have that freaky blueish tint to the leaves
48221m.jpg Malawi-3-001.jpg

And not to mention how big the yield is malawi.JPG

A Roll It Up member(Mohican) has a grow of holy smokes malawi at 44n in oregon, he ended up with 3lb from one plant with bud rot losses also.

I can see why this is one of the best strains in the world for many people.

ace seeds malawi from icmag member.

user180691_pic893955_1338698604.jpg

candidly

Just got some Beanhoarder gear (SWT#3 F2 :D) and it included a pack of Malawi Hybrid Mix seeds marked as indoor 10 wks. Are these Malberry seeds? Looking forward to sprouting em...

RoadRash

I went to their web page but I couldn't find a 'product list'.

(Anybody got a URL/link ?)

Sounds great though, original centuries (millenia ?) old sativa strains.

Since it's Africa, I'm thinking the strains can handle LOTS of light, and are good at surviving with little water, by getting moisture through the leaves and by growing big root systems.

I would like to see a reality show about Malberry Seeds.

/\ Found that >>TOU<< on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts