What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malberry Seed Co. (pics encouraged!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joejusttyped

Heyo

Has anyone grown any selections out by this company? Bhutanese Thimphu and their African strain offerings sound dynamite in particular the Swazi and the Mulanje.

Anyone have pictures or experience to share about Malberry? I would love to own an african sativa or two for my strain library.
:tiphat:

northstate

ICMag Donor
Been wondering about this company myself. They have some unique stuff it appears to be anyway. I will be checking to see joejusttyped.NS

JVonChron

Las time I got beans they charged me too much for a certain pack so they threw in a pack of Peshawar Afghani to compensate. healthy about a month in will update as things change just to try to give some idea of the caliber of their genes

J

joejusttyped

Jvonchron, cool man i would love to see pictures of your peshawar afghani sativa if youre able to :)

Cheers

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Interested in these guys myself. Finished an Afropips Malberry from seed not too long ago...it's curing in the jars now.

Now that there's no more afropips, I'd love to get my hands on some of the MG or Malawi Gold crosses these guys have on offer, lol. Nothing wrong with the long flowering sats/sat doms if you're in no hurry and a glutten for punishment.

HB.

Last edited:

mofeta

Veteran
I heard that Malberry Seed Co was the original source of seeds sold by the various vendors like The African Seed Co, Afropips, etc, who were just resellers.

Las time I got beans they charged me too much for a certain pack so they threw in a pack of Peshawar Afghani to compensate. healthy about a month in will update as things change just to try to give some idea of the caliber of their genes

Looking at the Malberry website, it looks like they are bulk wholesalers, and the smallest amount they sell is half a kilo of seed. Did you get them to sell you a sample?

Rinse

Veteran
Wierd I was about to make a similar thread then I saw this,
they have real interesting strains but overly brief descriptions,
Id like to hear more from this seed co.

Goyakla

They are to be found in the stores of a ca. vendor.. I have just asked about P. Afghani.. got an answer with in 12 hours...

BlackBart

Veteran
I just started up there Bhutanese thimphu .... Peshawar Afghani and Herbaria's Afghan Mango . I been on the hunt for some true landrace genetics for a long while .

Attachments

• BhutaneseThimphu.jpg
    BhutaneseThimphu.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 39
  • AfghaniPeshawar.jpg
    AfghaniPeshawar.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 33

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
good deal Bart......as I just got the Preservation Pack of all they had......almost twice the amount of seeds promised.....as you I am very interested in LR's and all they can offer......

look forward to more folks....

ganj on....

BlackBart

Veteran
I will update as soon as the plants start to take shape as I hope you will too Mountain Nectar . :tiphat:

J

joejusttyped

Bumping this to the top, would love to hear from people who have finished grows with malberry strains (with pictures of course :D )

BlackBart

Veteran
I'm far from finished but enjoying the journey as it were. First two pics are the Bhutanese Thimphu and the third pic is the Peshawar Afghan. I find it interesting that Malberry has called the Peshawar a Afghan and not a Pakistani . I forgot to mention that the plants are four weeks old and very hardy . The Bhutanese has sour grapefruit smell to her already . The Peshawar not much of anything yet .

Attachments

• Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 18

BlackBart

Veteran
Moving right along here with Malberry genetics . After two weeks the Malberry plants have grown almost two feet . I just flipped the lights and hoping I have enough room to finish these puppies off LOL . One pick of a pure afghan indica . The smell from the Bhutanese is very strong ....smells like Privot . Hope you enjoy the ride . I think there might be better interest when peeps start seeing these plants in flower . They are very unique and a challenge to grow but I think the end result will be well worth it .

#1 Mango Afghan (Pure Indica)
#2 Bhutanese ( Sativa )
#3 Peshawar Afghan (Sativa)

Attachments

• Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 28

BlackBart

Veteran
Moderator can you please put my thread in the Landrace forum . I believe it belongs there since Malberry strains are all landrace cultivars .

BlackBart

Veteran
I guess not . Here is a better pic of the Mango Afghan and the second of Bhutanese Thimphu . Both are about three feet (0.9144) meters

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.