What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White widow from crop king

O

OG Tree Grower

I'll start off by telling you how I pheno hunt just to keep each pict short and sweet, I usually get 10-50 seeds of whatever kind I'm looking for,they are grown for 3-5 weeks or until I think I have culled the males, then two clones are taken, one gets flowered the other one is vegged. Anything that doesn't veg fast, or has a weak structure is culled,anything that goes hermi is culled , mutations or if it's super hard to clone gets culled. Then I only have to wait 8-10 weeks to pick my keeper cuts. Now that that's outta the way lets get to the good part

Here are the 4 I was left with outta 30 seeds

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 18
O

OG Tree Grower

Ww#2 smells and looks like diesel, has hints of sour and the smoke is an easy 8/10, it is defiantly a mind and body high and a great comerical strain, she likes to put out and doesn't give you much trouble growing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 16
O

OG Tree Grower

Ww#3 smells like orginal ww from the 90's, and has a hint of pine looks similar but also looks a bit cheesey, smoke is 9/10 but it doesn't yeild like the other phenos,def head stash nugs,it has a very strong and trippy high

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 21
O

OG Tree Grower

Ww#4 the best yielding out of the bunch and has a great mind and body high, 8/10 easy but since it smashes every category I give it 9/10 overall, smells/tastes like grape when smoked but piney before smoked, easy to grow and even better to smoke. Def second runner up . If your comerical maybe even the best outta them all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 17
O

OG Tree Grower

Ww#5 sucked, smells like skunky berries, tastes like berries but doesn't pack much punch, I had to smoke a whole joint to get a buzz, great yeild and plant structure and was my fav before I smoked it. Such a piss off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
Nice thorough review, those buds look tasty too! White widow is one of my favorites. Piney/ sweet and sour is the most common pheno I've noticed. I did grow out a black widow clone once that had more of a mango/ guava funk going on, although it took a little too long to finish for me and wasn't as potent as the more common pheno.

I grew out some feminized great white sharks and a couple had a pronounced grape smell to them. Widow is on a different level compared to the gws though. GWS has high cbd, so its not as satisfying for recreational use.

O

OG Tree Grower

Thanks guys, I was starting to wonder if anyone even read these. But if there is interest I'll keep posting the pheno hunts.

raven44

Please do, u guys have any widows that go for 11-13weeks?

I just ran one widow it got ruined by rookie grower oh well looked promising tho... got the seeds on trade..

Got few more widow seed, also some black widow x haze I wanna try out

j_hold420

Nice thread, OGTG. Great documentation skills. Just out of curiosity, did the white widow make you cough a lot? I've grown it once and smoked it a few more times and it always makes me cough to the point that I don't enjoy it. Is crop King's widow a lung buster too?

O

OG Tree Grower

Number 2,3 had a good bite to them, I don't wanna say harsh because it's not but yes they had that ww bite. Not as bad as I remembered the orginal to be tho. All in all I was happy with them but I was looking for something closer to the orginal but with better plant structure

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Super report, this is the kind of info hunters like to see.

Never had a white widow and your post convinced me to
put her on my short list.

subbed

O

OG Tree Grower

Raven44 I don't have any that go that long, these ones go 8-9 weeks max

Dropped cat. Thanks. She is one of my favourite strains to smoke.

I just found some old genetics a had laying around , orginal hash plant and orginal China white, I dunno how well there gonna germinate because I had them sitting on a bench for 3 or more years but there gonna start soaking tonight and see what happens

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I just found some old genetics a had laying around , orginal hash plant and orginal China white, I dunno how well there gonna germinate because I had them sitting on a bench for 3 or more years but there gonna start soaking tonight and see what happens

Best wishes for successful germination, we're all counting on you!

raven44

Nice

What's the longest WW strain u have ran? I've read people say let ur WW go 11-13 weeks b4 if u want that legendary WW high they said?

O

OG Tree Grower

The one I ran back in the 90's was a spindly plant that went 10 weeks, you probably could of let it go 11 but I always just harvested according to 10% amber trichomes on the buds

FinalBoss

Older thread but I have some white widow going now from crop king. Just finished 7 weeks of 12/12 and already have amber trics. Had them since the end of week 5. they haven't been getting any more ambers but I'm not sure I can go past 9 weeks. (2week flush) before they start turning more amber again

Latest posts

Latest posts