What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

looking for a 2 meters auto strain

Gizmo

Hello guys,

Im looking for the tallest/biggest auto strain i can find to have good yield in a outdoor guerilla grow in the northern hemisphere.

Not so long ago i read an article by Shantibaba about auto, he said there were 3 types of auto :

In today’s market of Auto-flowering seed we can distinguish them into 3 categories based on flowering time and plant dimensions.
1. Varieties that ripen in around 60 days and that have an average height of 30-60cm and yield between 25-30 grams per plant.
2. Varieties that ripen in 70-80 days and that have an average height between 50-130cm and yield between 50-100 grams per plant.
3. Varieties that ripen in 120 days and have an average height of 1-2meters and yield over 100 grams per plant. (Very few exist of this category at present).
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/10426-shanti-what-do-you-have-say-about-auto-flowering-strains.html

Could you recommend some #3 auto strains ?
thank you

Gizmo

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
LBH's auto hazes went over 2 meters, some of em. But all weren't auto, and were too late for 60N. I got some pix in my 2013 gallery if u wanna check em out. I found it to be a better technique to make SOGs with lotsa seeds than a few here and there. AAK is proly my fave auto, but it won't go over 2 meters if u'r looking for height.

Gizmo

oh yeah nice guerilla grow BadTicket ! some very nice pictures, you grew the auto haze, asian haze and thaipan2.0 from LBH am i right ?

if im not wrong, asian haze is a semi auto and i read LBH saying thaipan was not the best.

Im very interested to grow the LBH auto hazes #1 and #2 outdoor guerilla

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I'm not sure what it was, cause me grow mate got the seeds from LBH, and he said they were labelled this and LBH said no they weren't, they were that. To this day we haven't figured it out :D

Gizmo

lol ok, maybe it was close crosses, all LBH auto strains seems to be bred with auto haze #1 or #2. if i may ask do you remember how was the smoke ?

Ollie

Veteran
I would look into the following,

Mephisto Genetics "Fantasmo Express", "Hubbabubbasmelloscope", "The White Train"

Dutch Passion "Think Big", "AutoEuforia", "Think Different"

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
All the smokes that made it have been really good, way more potent than most autos i've smoked. Been a while so no in-depth smoke report on the way. I might have rambled on the LBH thread on this forum a couple of years ago. If u got time, check it out :) Should be here on the auto forum somewhere..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would look into the following,

Mephisto Genetics "Fantasmo Express", "Hubbabubbasmelloscope", "The White Train"

Dutch Passion "Think Big", "AutoEuforia", "Think Different"

Have grown them all .None reach 2 meters, yet grow well over a meter.

Too, noticed potency isn't quite as much with larger autos.

Grow em, enjoy them....that's the key, no matter the size.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Hey arid, hows that Think Different? I almost went with the initial hype and got some seeds, but me mate beat me to it and he said it wasn't as good as advertised, so i kinda forgot about it..

Got pix?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I have a tiny Auto Lemon Skunk going, will be about 80 grams.
Started some Auto Euforia because I like regular Euforia. If it turns out the auto's are huge it will be really cool.
Meanwhile I heard Auto Super Lemon Haze is supposed to be large also so have some of them on the way from the seed bank.
Fingers are crossed.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey arid, hows that Think Different? I almost went with the initial hype and got some seeds, but me mate beat me to it and he said it wasn't as good as advertised, so i kinda forgot about it..

Got pix?

It's not all it's cracked up to be, in my opinion. I was mildly disappointed. Ok, but I wouldn't grow again. None of the big ones would I repeat.

We use genetics that were gifted several years ago with a Portuguese grower, auto. Our stains can do 1.5 meters, but take so damn long to mature. You can get 2 crops of intermediate height autos finished compared to "super" autos. You run into PM, bud rot (if not in low humidity area) with Super Autos.

Our customers like the potency and incognito-ness of lower growing autos ( half meter+) compared to the ones you asked about and Gizmo.

I've found H4H's genetics just as fast as sativa dom autos and far better potency. Much prefer esbe's work over hyped up, lackluster "super" strains.

Flash/Short Stuff, a few Kannabia's are the exception.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a tiny Auto Lemon Skunk going, will be about 80 grams.
Started some Auto Euforia because I like regular Euforia. If it turns out the auto's are huge it will be really cool.
Meanwhile I heard Auto Super Lemon Haze is supposed to be large also so have some of them on the way from the seed bank.
Fingers are crossed.

Yeah, hype for you guys to buy. Notice yield is meter squared and heights are skewed.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Gizmo,
I'm very much into the type #3 big outdoor autflowers, growing various strains for 4 years.
My experience tells me the only ones to consider are La Buena Hierba Semi-autoflowers, Flash Seeds(Stitch's Superautos) and Short Stuff Seeds' superautos(by Stitch).

A list of what I tried(in chronological order):

Flash Seeds - Chaze, Copacabana, Muay Thai
Short Stuff Seeds - Super Cali Haze
La Buena Hierba - Test strain #6(Berry Haze)

All were grown at 45°N, had pretty different characters and results.
The hardiest were all by La Buena Hierba, truly great guerrilla plants with solid yield.
The Superautos(Flash) were all good, the Chaze was the strongest of all but needed a bit more time to finish. Only Copacabana was very prone to mold(shitty season), Muay Thai grows like a beast and can reach almost 3m height. Good resistence overall and a very nice smoke.
Super Cali Haze was also good, finished late because of low light hours(not a good guerrilla spot).

Other than that are much smaller plants with less vegetative growth, I tried some Dutch Passion(Think Different, AutoXtreme) and was mostly disappointed, LBH's autos are better and more suitable for guerrilla but still small compared to the semi-autos.

Bottom line, check La Buena Hierba semi-autos and Flash/Short Stuff superautos.

Good luck

Ollie

Veteran
Have grown them all .None reach 2 meters, yet grow well over a meter.

Too, noticed potency isn't quite as much with larger autos.

Grow em, enjoy them....that's the key, no matter the size.
True words, bigger plants dont mean higher potency.

Thanks for posting in !

Gizmo

thank you for all your answers aribud, BadTicket and Koondense, i really hope i could try LBH auto hazes, a almost pure haze with a true pure haze high ready in 5 month from seeds should be very nice. 4/5 weeks of veg and 14/16 weeks of flowering i read so planting in april and harvested in august

Koondense

Veteran
Sounds right, plant them in mid april and harvest end of august, start september.
Sometimes these plants veg a bit more after being transplanted outdoors so better to transplant early(4-6 sets of leaves) just before they show sex.

Here are my two examples of the big outdoor semi-autos

La Buena Hierba - tester #6 (reached almost 2m, great resistence to everything)
picture.php

Flash Seeds - Muay Thai (the top reached 2,7m, longer flowering because Thai)
picture.php

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Gizmo,
I'm very much into the type #3 big outdoor autflowers, growing various strains for 4 years.
My experience tells me the only ones to consider are La Buena Hierba Semi-autoflowers, Flash Seeds(Stitch's Superautos) and Short Stuff Seeds' superautos(by Stitch).

A list of what I tried(in chronological order):

Flash Seeds - Chaze, Copacabana, Muay Thai
Short Stuff Seeds - Super Cali Haze
La Buena Hierba - Test strain #6(Berry Haze)

All were grown at 45°N, had pretty different characters and results.
The hardiest were all by La Buena Hierba, truly great guerrilla plants with solid yield.
The Superautos(Flash) were all good, the Chaze was the strongest of all but needed a bit more time to finish. Only Copacabana was very prone to mold(shitty season), Muay Thai grows like a beast and can reach almost 3m height. Good resistence overall and a very nice smoke.
Super Cali Haze was also good, finished late because of low light hours(not a good guerrilla spot).

Other than that are much smaller plants with less vegetative growth, I tried some Dutch Passion(Think Different, AutoXtreme) and was mostly disappointed, LBH's autos are better and more suitable for guerrilla but still small compared to the semi-autos.

Bottom line, check La Buena Hierba semi-autos and Flash/Short Stuff superautos.

Good luck
Thanks brother 😉
Have beter testers for you this year if you like

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I got this seed from a shady dealer that had no breeder packaging available.
I assumed it was the photo advertised and put it to veg. It grew slow and began to show buds at two months in.

It hit eight feet today and while the buds are sparse and spiky they cover the whole plant top to bottom and 18/6 is all it has known. An added 46" T5 hung vertical helps but the cola is over a foot past the top of the overhead lights as well as the bottom being two feet under the bottom of the side lights.

Is this how semi auto's behave?

Attachments

• Sold as 'The Purps' this plant auto flowered and has reached over seven feet tall.jpg
    Sold as 'The Purps' this plant auto flowered and has reached over seven feet tall.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 53

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got this seed from a shady dealer that had no breeder packaging available.
I assumed it was the photo advertised and put it to veg. It grew slow and began to show buds at two months in.

It hit eight feet today and while the buds are sparse and spiky they cover the whole plant top to bottom and 18/6 is all it has known. An added 46" T5 hung vertical helps but the cola is over a foot past the top of the overhead lights as well as the bottom being two feet under the bottom of the side lights.

Is this how semi auto's behave?

Depends on genetics. Hard to say if you got it from an "ify" source not knowing strain. Looks good, however. Best guesstimate...semi-auto.

Will be interesting to see how much kick is in it. Although it's great to have X-large plants & good yield, the potency factor seems to wane a bit and that's what stops many from growing big ones. Medium sized autos seem to pack a potency punch that many large/super autos cannot.
Perhaps your will differ.