Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > buds too fluffy?????

Thread Title Search    
Click for Medman's Genetics
 buds too fluffy????? Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
novapat67

novapat67 is on a distinguished road
buds too fluffy?????

i harvested my white widow and let dry till the stem snapped.then i just put it in a mason jar. now when i usually buy bud from someone its more dense and compact. the stuff i picked is dry but its all fluffy and you can tell its homegrown. any ideas on why this is???
novapat67 jest offline   Quote

Old 08-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #2

light intensity is #1 and perhaps feeding program may be number two. I would look at my lights forstly and dial in the intensity. Mine can be very dense with strong light.

Good luck!

Avid

Old 08-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #3
Miss Mess
Fuckin Lunatic

Location: Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Miss Mess is on a distinguished road
sometimes you just don't wind up with super dense buds when it's all said and done. It's all about many things combined....strain, growing conditions, flower time etc etc...

did you do a FULL cure? how long were the buds in the jars before you dipped your hands in?

and for the record.....ain't a damn thing wrong with being able to tell it's "homegrown" *lol*
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
-Alice

Stupid bitch i kn0w u lurk......
Miss Mess jest offline   Quote

Old 08-04-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
omega7

omega7 is on a distinguished road
Sometimes buds are "rolled". You can let the bud dry for 24-48hours after the chop and then take the buds and gently roll them in your hand like playdoh. The more pressure you apply the tighter and smaller the bud will get. Another way they get compressed is from being jammed into a curing jar as to leave very little air space or as in commercial it is jammed into bags or vacuum sealed making it more compressed and dense. BUT both Avid and MM are right as well. Sometimes its lights and enviroment and sometimes thats just how the bud comes out..
omega7 jest offline   Quote

Old 08-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #5

"Homegrown" ???????????? lol my home growin is 5 fold as good as anything on the streets around here....

Old 11-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
grappleberry

grappleberry is on a distinguished road
dont even dare compare the homegrown and commercial.. i agree the commercial is dense.. but im sure 2 grams of your homegrown would beat 5 of the regs any fucking day
grappleberry jest offline   Quote

Old 11-19-2005, 12:46 AM   #7

The WW I've grown has always been pretty dense bud, but the first time i ever had it it was very fluffy but it was the best as far as trichs, taste, and potency. Lights are a major factor, as is everything else already stated above. The pressen em in the jars is a good method though for compacting them and also making look like they didnt just come straight out your garden, you know keepin it ninja like.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:25 AM   #8
nukn futz

nukn futz is on a distinguished road
a water cure may tighten them up, and you can try this with already cured bud.
nukn futz jest offline   Quote

Old 11-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
Chamba

9 times out of 10 the main cause of airy loose buds is the grower harvested too early...WW always produces dense resiny bud............but you must wait 10 ~ 12 weeks of 12/12 to get them to that stage

perhaps the seeds you grew were not WW?

and who mentioned water cure?...have you ever tried it? or is High Times spruiking this method this month as the bee's knees? sheesh...if you want your bud to shrink in size and weight, be tasteless, look exactly like cheap tea and crumbles to dust when herb grinded then please, knock yourself out... go right ahead a do your water cure

the only reason you would even thin of water curing is when the tree falls over in a storm into a mud or there are so many chemicals and ferts in the bud that it burns with a black ash and tastes like ass..even then you are better off just kiffing the guts out the bud and then smoke the kif and throw away the de-kiffed bud

Old 11-27-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
cosmo

cosmo is on a distinguished road
light intensity is definately a factor. i believe cooler temps in mid to late flower has an effect on density as well.
cosmo jest offline   Quote

Old 11-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #11

example of a bud grown in too cold an environment

Old 11-27-2005, 08:59 PM   #12
SmokeAndBeKind
Gotta Love my Nuggets

SmokeAndBeKind is on a distinguished road
How cold is too cold though......

Back to the beginning of the thread, Novapat didn't give any details whatsoever about the grow, lights, medium, ferts, temps, lentgth of flower, nothing.......How can anybody help you with no information?
SmokeAndBeKind jest offline   Quote

Old 11-27-2005, 10:47 PM   #13

Hehe, so many things to say and so many of them are contradictory....

Seriously...light intensity makes a difference, but not always in the way you think (though probably...usually). I have a 'vampire' sativa growin. Get her too close to the light and the buds start veggin and stretchin real weird like. Back off a few feet and viola' nice tight resiny bud.....too close = crap .... a ways off...not so much.

Also I would add that it is possible your fert mix is off....too much N, not enough k or some such.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:52 PM   #14
Verite
My little pony.. my little pony

Verite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivorVerite is a survivor
That bud may have been grown in too cold of an environment but the lesbian manicure job doesnt help either.
Verite jest offline   Quote

Old 12-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #15
ChaoticEntity
Chaos breeds reality, embrace it!

ChaoticEntity will become famous soon enoughChaoticEntity will become famous soon enough
yep, too cold or light intensity, try scrog!
ChaoticEntity jest offline   Quote