What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

LouDog420

Day 49

Day 49

DSD could come down, but a little extra swellage through week 8 isn't a bad thing. There's not much point going beyond that, as potency/weight doesn't increase much and terps change to more of a skunky, slightly less desirable imo.

NYCO, same thing, orange lines so not all that potent to begin with. But great terps that certainly mellow out with age. She may go a few days or a week longer, as you can tell by structure, but still early to keep those flavors.

Continued with slightly less shitty pics...

Day 49
picture.php

DSD
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NYCO
picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Lou not to hijack but day 28 on the reversal, last spray day 21, no pollen yet, this thing looking like it will dump dust to you?

picture.php

picture.php

LouDog420

No worries on hijacking, I prefer to not talk to myself when possible ;)

Looks like it's starting to try to drop pollen. And a nice frosty looking reversal at that. I think 28 is still a bit early, and expect full pollen dropping to really hit come week 5-6. Once the male sacks open and you start seeing stamens, theoretically they should be dropping. You can try to gently remove visible stamens to see if they'll shed pollen now, or give a couple days to dry like the second point listed below and then try...

But, I've seen two ways where this doesn't happen (naturally dropping pollen). The first is a sterile reversal, that doesn't ever drop pollen. Hopefully not the case for you. My DSD was almost sterile (very minimal pollen set, if any). My SQ also didn't release any pollen when reversed.

Second would be just an extra step or two. I've found some reversals like to hold onto pollen. They require harvesting to maximize pollen collection. I buck male flowers from stems, let dry, then go through and mash up the male flowers to release pollen. For whatever reason, my CS reversals, this was normally the case. Some plants will drop a little pollen naturally, but there's usually so much more stored in there and they just need it beaten out of them after some dry time. I've had moderate luck reversing the GB BX2, so hopefully yours will drop heavy for you also. You need to make sure they're done growing before harvesting, and a majority of the male sacks are open to maximize pollen collection. Normally I'll take them down around week 6ish so I know they've developed enough and don't end up shorting myself on potential pollen.

My biggest pollen yielding plants are my OGC and to a slightly lesser extent, the NYCO and GB. All of which I harvest, buck, let dry, then beat the pollen out of (usually just smashing with a card or similar to break up pods and agitate male stamens).

The GB, even when reversed, still wanted to throw female flowers. She seemed to take a higher does of silver compounds before blocking the ethylene pathway. CS vs STS timings on spray seem way different from what I've seen. Usually CS I'll spray starting a week before flower and continuing daily through day 21-25ish until male flowers are forming heavy, then let them finish up. Can't speak on STS personally, as I've never used that.

My 0.02, hope it helps! [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
good.gif
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks brotha!! I've got some silica on standbye if I need to dry them up. Sounds like I'm getting closer.
Funny you mentioned resin, the output is nil compared to normal. The idea of reversing males to judge them like that one thread suggests doesn't seem like a technique to get any good info on selection.

Beaucephus

the first pic of dsd looks awesome lou. can’t wait to see how the susieq does for u. going through my stash tonight i found p98x ecsd x og/cd , but something illegible too, s1 maybe???
thanks for the welcome fred, always a pleasure sir.
i’m curious about y-ing off my duct and running 2 seperate scrubbers in my flower room. so it would be scrubber to y to fan, then out of room. my temps are going up a bit higher then i’d like and i have plenty of scrubbers but no more fans. do you think it’s worth the effort to minimize the restriction or tell my cheap ass to get another fan???

LouDog420

Beating off is what I do best! We'll beat the spunk out of all the genders these days ;)

Tony, link doesn't work for me, maybe due to not logged in or tor or who knows. I imagine its a vid of you beating off given the subject, which I'm sure is delightful.

Beaucephus, I think the SQ will outyield them all, but we'll see. She's a subtle gas and weird funk, slight fruit undertone. She's got the vigor and the best yield from the bunch, so if anyone is going to push a unit this round, it will be the SQ surrounded by 4 lights, centerstage.

Anything bubba from this way would have been VG's S1 gear, no original p98. So the scribble is definitely an S1. The cut found was quite similar from what I could tell to the p98, the most similar out of the pack grown. Slow and squat, so needed the kick from the ecsd x og/cd.

I did have offspring from that cross that was real nice mix with increased vigor and bubba-esque. One through, with a weird intersex trait I had never seen before. An entire branch male, while the rest of the plant was solid female. So just keep in mind and be on the lookout. Was quite freaky as both were fully formed and healthy, just complete different genders just based on the branch. Crossed her to a rare dankness bubba trainwreck haze just for shits and giggles but will probably not pop those just due to intersex. They're in the vault somewhere...

Generally scrubbers are sized to the fan. I'd say wye it up only if the fan is appropriately sized (e.g. oversized for current single filter). Now, if it's an 8" fan with a filter sized for an 8" fan, doubling filters will just mess with airflow and contact time of scrubbed air. Just increasing filter size, all else equal, should increase contact time and reduce flow through each individual scrubber. So likely less stink assuming more contact time means more potential for smell capture, but less efficient. I don't think it will effect overall temps in a good way and likely will reduce overall exhaust power as there is a base resistance to airflow with each scrubber, and two is more than one... Unless you have a hotspot with poor airflow and are placing the new scrubber in that spot in particular. In which case, I'd think better to manage air circulation first for constant environment. Just my opinion not knowing setup specifics

Meanwhile, tree trunks, dehumidifiers, and flippage... 12/12 starting tomorrow, the girls are getting too big to delay. Electrical is nowhere to be found, so we're gonna push the heath ~25w/sf number for the time being (2400w in current 9'x10'). It should still have a decent pull and a nice benchmark for future runs with proper lighting w/sf to compare yields and quality as DHF mentioned early on. We'll treat the girls in the corners as if they're growing donut style, with backsides trimmed appropriately. It also has a secondary benefit of not burning down the house while we wait...

No more condensation on walls, santa fe dehui is rocking. No more worrying about the house molding out from under me. Still need irrigation and drainage. They're finally sitting on their plant risers, waiting on a few more plumbing parts to finish up. Ended up spending a bit more to intermingle pvc and flexible hose where we can run 4 or 5 plants in various patterns without being stuck in any one configuration.

Forgot the trellis, it'll go on shortly, then hooks in the ceiling, then second trellis layer. Lots of slip knots. I expect it to get a bit messy and floppy

Girly pics
picture.php

picture.php

OGC leading the race for girth
picture.php

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Well shit Bro.......Read my sig......Of course Knowledge is Power , but Adapt or Perish is forever engrained into the brain of any and every serious and "knowledgeable" dope grower , so just like Heath told me long time ago , Freds yas gotta start somewhere , and he did......and.....

25 watts per sq ft it was and then raised every run till the laws of diminishing returns kicks in above 50 watts per and he stood his ground there and no higher without issues......Some folks back in the day ran well over 75 watts per and swore by it , but with increased light comes heat and increased plant metabolism that in turn increases nutrient uptake , and if the plants can`t take the increase , you`re back at square 1 scratchin head and ass with a huge flush and start over after dealing with impending lockouts and imbalances that never helps to move things forward ....now.....

Adapt.....Hell I did well for a solid decade with 34 watts per gettin bitched at the whole time for not runnin 50 per , so for you to be all you can be this run @ 25, clean out more of the foliage away from the main stems on all the main laterals , get rid of ALL sucker branches directly on main laterals , and concentrate on end colas/golfballs closest to the bare bulbs blastin sideways for end results.....and .....

You know this , but how much you hack out the backs can be reduced with more cleaning out in front , plus you can open up the plants with either trellis , or my old way of chickenwire on the ceilings and tie everything off and support with strings from Hell.....

Krusty`s biggest tip for big plants besides SM-90 for rootzone protection was Botanicare`s Silicablast @ 5 ml per gal EVERY feed just like SM-90 and why ?.....Don`t ask questions , just do it.....and I did....but.... what`s it do?.....absolutely increases stemwall strength on lower and mid lateral stems while also boosting overall plant health from the increased potassium.....anyways......

I`d keep temps and airflow elevated to keep metabolism ramped up during stretch , then clean out some more once full swellage has begun , and since the variables are there about which plants stretch longer than others , the X factor is yours to determine when to start the cleanup on all excess foliage till end of cycle......regardless.....

Major respect for makin shit happen and movin forward Lou.....That GB bitch is gonna be trouble as fat as she is , rather gonna be.....lol.....Good luck and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

LouDog420

Well said Fred.

I've started cleaning inners and lowers. Did a couple rounds over the last week and a half, with a big one almost a week ago. I didn't make the decision to flip until shortly before posting yesterday, so will give them another good cleaning this week to remove future larf. I've dabbled with the strip all shoots to one node remaining and flip, so will likely go something along that route, maybe not quite as drastic, to combat low light levels and focus growth on the good stuff.

I'll do some plant shaping this week to spread them out, alongside trimming and trellis. Right now I have them all more placed towards the center of the room, so even those corner plants are getting lighting from maybe 140 degrees. The backs have been pretty healthy as a result of indirect from the reflectrix due to the spread and plant placement as described. This will certainly change during stretch as they spread out.

I run armor si, sounds similar without looking up labels. Potassium silicate. Nice for raising the ph of the jack's base feed. My K levels sit around 200-210 under the current feed. I'm a fair bit under your 5ml/gal figure for silica though, as if I hit that with armor si, I'd push my k in to questionable territory and don't want to fight lockout of ca/mg as result of over-saturation of K in the medium. I might do some tweaking and see what we can come up with in the mix to hit higher si numbers while keeping K in range. LMAO at don't ask, just do ;)

And now I did just look up silica blast... 0-0-0.5 vs armor si at 0-0-4. I may look into switching so I can up silica without overdoing the K or changing the base mix...

Temps/rh right now... 80F/45%rh lights on. 68F/50% lights off. I had the room humming at 80F/55-65%, but the lung room walls were weeping with condensate and whole house was sitting at 65-70% rh, just way too high. Once we seal the grow up, I'll run a humidifier/dehui combo to maintain proper humidity for VPD, but unfortunately is what it is this round. Should still do alright with current environment.

Appreciate the input, as always. Thanks all for stopping by

Last edited:

LouDog420

Day 1

Day 1

Think we need a proper headshot photo collection as we kick off flowering in the new space. It's hard to capture their size in all three dimensions. They are some nice round ladies

Day 1
SQ
picture.php

OGC
picture.php

GB
picture.php

LouDog420

Thanks all!

Trimming lowers, inners, and defoliation. How much, when, always a matter of strain specific, and I'm still feeling my way through it. We'll see how this one works out.

Gave them all a nice haircut a couple days ago, they've perked up and recovering very nicely. Theory behind this one is, minimal light to the backside. So we took most everything, and left a few top colas that hopefully will keep stretching and stay in th elight (trimmed back to one/two nodes) and a few smaller tester branches. There is some reflective light that makes it back there. Whether that's the case in 3 weeks after stretching remains to be seen, but we left a few backside lowers to see how they perform.

From the front, you can barely tell. Took 3 5-gallon buckets worth of shoots only, and about 4 hours of work plucking, not including smoke and food breaks. Took a decent amount of front side lowers considering vertical canopy size for a single bulb. Could probably use some additional trimming, but will likely keep the hands off until they finish stretch for a nice defoliation to improve airflow. Time to stack nodes and start bud formation, so we don't want them too stressed out.

Ends up like carving a big beautiful pumpkin ;)

Also threw some trellis on and a few zip ties around the lower mains to shape the canopy and add support. Will get a second trellis layer and then lots of ties to the ceiling for support.

Backside shot
picture.php

Same plant, full frontal. You can kinda see the two vertical planes we're planning on shaping, with hps light on the left and mh on the right in this pic
picture.php

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can take GB right up 3/4 off and she dont mind ha. All looks good to me brotha!

LouDog420

Day 6 and Drainage

Day 6 and Drainage

Almost there on the build... Drainage is in. Ended up a hodge podge mix of pvc and flexible hose depending on plant site. Test run saw no leaks and a working sump. So all is good for now. I'll probably wrap the clear vinyl hoses to limit algae growth

picture.php

Irrigation should be finished in the next couple days. Still waiting on a few final pieces. The manifold is built, new RO tank with float in place. Manifold will have a return hose for recirculation/anti siphon, a main line to drip line irrigation, and another hose for hand watering. All with ball valves for flow control and room to splice in new lines as needed in case we expand to a second room.

The main feed line will go up and over our existing concrete wall and mount to the ceiling/high on the walls, with individual ball valves to each plant and open ended drip line to control flow to each plant. Hoping this limits nutrient solution left in the pipes.

Onto pics, day 6 over here in the treehouse...

GB, looking beautiful. Obviously on the sour bubble side for anyone that can't tell, so she's a bit smaller than the OGC and SQ, which is expected.
picture.php

OGC
picture.php

SQ
picture.php

LouDog420

Day 9

Day 9

Can't help it, switched out a 600 for a 1k. May switch another for this round next week, bringing us to 3200w total. No doing laundry during lights on and we should be okay [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
biglaugh.gif

[/FONT]
Procrastinating on the final main line for irrigation, but should be in by this weekend. We'll run individual ball valves to each for controlling flow, then 4 open ended drip lines. Just continually rethinking main line layout for best access and future design change. Another combo of pvc and flex hose, no doubt.

Pics, just because. It's tough to get a good angle due to the size, so I imagine most pics will look the same between now and cola stack-age, just stacking nodes in the meantime. There's trellis hidden in there somewhere...

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts