What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lights, soil..action!

Well after a string of bad luck, poor timing, having to leave at inopportune times and that other thing that's been happening fouling up my last two attempts at getting some seeds going I decided to start with a clean slate. And the only way to truly start fresh is get baked, fire up the internet, click on a bunch of shit you don't really need to buy and watch the mailbox like a madman. I've got a 5x5 tent that I light with a 630 CMH, but thought I'd get a second smaller tent with an led for veg. So I picked up a mars hydro ts 1000 to light their 3x3 tent. Using the 4 inch exhaust fan and carbon filter I already had to keep things fresh. I bought an 8 inch ac infinty inline fan that will go into the 5x5 when things get going in there.

The soil mix for this round is as follows:(all measurements are heavy on the eye-balling and finishing off the last of a tub, things aren't too precise or scientific around these parts)
-1 bale of promix hp
-2 bags of earth worm castings
-1/2 big bag of perlite
-2 1/2 cups epsom salts
-5 cups blood meal
-1/2 bag alfalfa meal )I think it was a 1kg bag, can't remember and I didn't write it down)
1/2 bag neem meal
-1 bag kelp meal
-4 cups gypsum
4 cups dolomite lime
-1 tub fishbone meal

I water with my well water and a locally made E.M. product, sometimes adding humic and fulvic acid. So that's the crew, what about the cast?

My other two grows on this site were with amazing genetics from Chimera that let me try some of the B.C. classics I grew up with some 2 decades ago. This time I thought I'd try some of the more modern fandangled American hybrids.
Gorilla GLue from Tony greens tortured beans
Cherry cookies from Relentless genetics, who sent along a freebie of their 818 SFV OGx hash plant, which I also decided to throw in water along with the others on August 5, 2020.
Perfect germination rates and good vigour so far. Time for some pics.

Klompen

Looks like you're off to a great start! Haven't seen anyone install a new HID light for some time now though. Not that efficient relatively but they grow excellent weed. My 400W CMH was a great light though

Pretty impressed with the led light so far. Who would have ever suspected having 20 something seedlings in a 3x3 would fill up quickly:biggrin: The glues and hpogs are at about a foot tall and the cherry cookies are stumpy little things. I turned off the lights and will try the extended period of darkness before setting up the 5x5 tent and getting the gang flipped for flowering. I might set up the 3x3 in another room to veg the cherry cookies for a little longer. I'll take some pics when everyone is in the bigger tent and has a bit more room. That way you can differentiate between the plants better. They are looking good and I'm very happy with fairly tight internode spacing on all the plants.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Pretty impressed with the led light so far. Who would have ever suspected having 20 something seedlings in a 3x3 would fill up quickly:biggrin: The glues and hpogs are at about a foot tall and the cherry cookies are stumpy little things. I turned off the lights and will try the extended period of darkness before setting up the 5x5 tent and getting the gang flipped for flowering. I might set up the 3x3 in another room to veg the cherry cookies for a little longer. I'll take some pics when everyone is in the bigger tent and has a bit more room. That way you can differentiate between the plants better. They are looking good and I'm very happy with fairly tight internode spacing on all the plants.

A nice plan :good: Cannot wait to see they grow bigger :plant grow:

Time for a long overdue update, but really things are just getting interesting. I've ended up with 9 females that are now in 5 gallon pots in the 5x5 tent under the 630. The Hash plantx og kush and glues turned out to be a bit of a sausage fest. I ended up with 3 glue females and 2 HPxOG females. I ended up with 4 cherry cookies females which actually brought me to my ideal number. Nine plants in 5 gallon pots is as crammed as I like it. I do wonder about 12 plants in gallon pots? Thoughts anyone?

I really like the structure and vigour on the glues and the HPOGs have been a pleasant surprise. I think the Cherry cookies were struggling a bit in the little pots and might have some PH or lockout issues. Hopefully with plenty of room for the roots to explode all will be well. The HPOG's also have these wonderful long pistils.
To help you figure out who is who in the zoo from the pics the front three are GG4, the middle three are cherry cookies, the back left is cherry cookies, and the middle back and back right are HPxOG

Here are some pics of the glues

Cherry cookies

Alright gang, time for a Sunday funday update. 20 days since the flip to 12/12. I found a few nanners on the cherry cookies and one on of the glues. This is 99.9% grower error most likely. I seem to have a hell of a time controlling temperature and humidity swings between lights on and lights off, which I suspect is the culprit. Sure there are light leaks in the tent, but I don't think they are that significant. Not a big deal to me ultimately, I grow medicine for myself and share with others. A few seeds here and there is more or less a non-issue. Although I've found that coming into week 3 of flower is when I've got keep my eyes peeled for balls.

Pic parade time: From left first 2 are hpxog and then onto the cherry cookies.

Latest posts

Latest posts