What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rasoli

Im'One

Does anyone have experience in growing out this strain? I got some freebies and one out of 5 came up, but I have a source for more! Is it worth pulling the trigger to get this going? Is it a strain Worthy of preservation? What's the effect and yield to harvest?

Koondense

Veteran
"Rasoli comes from the Nepalese Himalayan village of Rasol. Connoisseurs reckon that the hand-rubbed charas from Rasol is the best in the Parvati valley region, even better than that from Malana itself. This strain is noted for its deep, alluring scents and blissful high.
Sourced in Nepal at 32° North, Rasoli is a vigorous and hardy plant which can reach a height of between 300 - 400 cm. with long internodes from which large but fluff y sativa-style buds develop. These buds produce large quantities of resin, the best of which is amber in colour, making fine charas. One strain of thought has it that Rasoli is actually a hybrid created when seeds from other Nepalese strains were introduced and which subsequently bred with the local Malana plants.
Rasoli should be cultivated either outdoors or in a greenhouse where harvests in the northern hemisphere will be ready from late September through October. The scent is a combination of floral and fruity with malty undertones. THC is likely to be high with some CBD production as well."

Cheers

therevverend

Veteran
After reading your post just did a search, might have found the bank you're talking about. It cracked me up. I've been looking at a few different banks and pictures on instagram. Everyone's got pictures of these huge frosty flowers, really nice photos and huge buds, makes you drool. On their site they've got photos of a couple of their strains, really high definition. And the flowers are these airy little ridiculous sativa flowers, the type you get under indoor lighting. Tiny willowy fluff that probably weighs nothing and takes over 15 weeks to finish. Plus a few nanners poised to sprout and sling pollen all over. I love it. I know nothing about them or their business practices but there's something to be said for showing it like it is. No photo shopped and cropped pictures of glacial peaks, them's real landrace genetics. And I can see that those low yielding monstrosities are going to take at least 15 weeks to finish. Despite all that I can see why Rasol Village has the reputation it does, there is quite a bit of resin gleaming on those little flowers..

Im'One

Yes and if you email them there are strains they haven't posted yet. I think these are real unworked lines. I have lots of modern stuff already

Green Squall

I don't have experience with Rasoli, but I did grow one of the Indian Himalayan strains this season. Just a heads up, pun intended, these plants get BIG. Mine were around 20 ft tall outdoors.

Out of five plants, I filled four 5-gallon buckets. Two of the phenos were moderately dense and the other three were pretty airy/wispy. Smells were mostly fruity, specifically pineapple and mango. I vaped a little bit of it and the effect is pretty blissful and happy, however my main intention is to make hash out of it.

If you find a pheno you like, by all means preserve it. Not only is it unique, but with western hybrids are showing up in these areas they won't be around forever. I have an album with a few dozen pictures if you want to check it out. Might give you an idea of what to expect.

ngakpa

Veteran
"
Sourced in Nepal at 32° North

I'm assuming that's a typo from whoever wrote / copied that blurb

Rasol is a village in Parvati Valley, neighbouring Malana - India, in other words

Great to see people growing these Himalayan landraces outdoors straight into soil, as that's really the only way to do it imo --- you shouldn't see hermies like that either

In 2007, I used to list estimated yields for these strains of around 1 kg

I stopped doing it because no one believed me who didn't know real landraces

As Green Squall has shown, if you let them hit their full height, it's entirely possible with Himalayan strains, as it also is with Afghan "Sativas" etc.

Also, if the seeds are well stored, there's no reason why you shouldn't get 100% with them - I have some new Rasoli stock currently being used for freebies

Hempy McNoodle

I'm going to grow one outdoors this year. I'm excited. I've never grown or even smoked any real Indian herb. I plan on smoking it as ganja. Any thoughts on that? Do most people make charas or hash or what have you from their north indian plants? is it good as ganja/bud?

musigny23

I'm going to grow one outdoors this year. I'm excited. I've never grown or even smoked any real Indian herb. I plan on smoking it as ganja. Any thoughts on that? Do most people make charas or hash or what have you from their north indian plants? is it good as ganja/bud?

If you're growing one plant, you won't get much charas. You need lots of plants to get a good quantity. Hand rubbing is time consuming and not efficient, meaning it's wasteful of the raw material. Those plants smoke just fine as ganja.

ngakpa

Veteran

worth noting that these are best called Himalayan plants

"north Indian" isn't a good way to put it

reason being there's ganja cultivation all across lowland north India (UP, MP, Bengal etc.)

(there's even a bit of ganja cultivation in some parts of the Himalaya, e.g. eastern Kumaon, a few places in Nepal etc.)

ngakpa

Veteran
If you're growing one plant, you won't get much charas. You need lots of plants to get a good quantity.

no, this is flat out wrong

a Himalayan charas plant grown direct into good deep loamy soil will hit 5 to 6 metres

you can get a good kilo of bud off that

it will give you plenty of charas!

incidentally, we're giving away 12 Rasoli freebie seeds with all orders right now

Latest posts

Latest posts