What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Oil for Sleeping Problems?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hey Drdee that was me. I didn't mention the first step of vaping above, but the volcano is set at 360*f and only hit one bag per fill (about a gr). The left over stuff is both indica and Sative and hybrid, all mixed together.

Edit: I now have a Hybrid, and I use the whip and vape only one hit, thus releasing the terps and retaining most of the oils. The 360* was what I settled on with balloons to reduce shedding a compound that induces a cough, but the time it takes to fill a balloon allowed the material to get hot enough to release that cough compound. With the whip I pre-heat at 420*F 10 seconds, than run the fan for one big hit only.

Last edited:

clearheaded

Loses it's effectiveness for sleep? This may be, but nearly all the other medical benefits continue to increase during the first 2-3 weeks. Could it possibly be you're confusing the effects of the THC you're using with the CBD?

CBD is not that great of a 'single-use' type medication. Taking it should be a long term, saturation type usage. A constant and steady dosage. Taking enough cbd to 'feel' it is (in most cases) a vast waste of CBD, and doesn't get you the benefits you really want.

When CBD is used over a long period of time, it helps to stabilize many regulatory functions in the body. If your deficiencies/issues are contributing to a lack of sleep, you'll see them intruding less and you'll sleep more.

Is CBD a bed-time knockout pill? No. You want CBN for this

yes the noticable anti anxiety and sleep properties sort of deminish. although may be doing other medical things less noticable.

someone said to heat thc to convert to cbn at temps that will vaporize thc. may decrease yeild a little ;) light o2 and heat. hopefully someone will do numbers but I think i recall tony mention its days of heating/stiring in a rotavape. but prob be replocated in slow cooker. I dont know but perhaps adding some peroxide/water may help adding some o2. prob better ways with catalysts.

Also people who saying not getting much relief, forsure wont help anyone however the anxiety and pain aspects the studies were at the 300+mg of cbd is what they used in teh study. not low 10-20-30mg. obv becomes expensive if using the full spectrum hemp tinctures. kind of crazy right now can get pure cbd for 15 bucks a gram but 4X as much for full spectrum which obv is cheaper to produce.

comes down to what is causing your sleep issues what dosage methods are going to work better.

lol my dad took cbd and nearly 80 was like ahh didnt do much for me so dont take it. just didnt wake up to pee and blood sugar was much better in the morning (diabetic) lol. but that all... obv just having better sugar levels is amazing for healthy longevity not to mention better sleep. but if isnt impressive enough to take for him cant force it. his wife gave it to him so wasnt really looking for help sleeping etc..

fly low, yea edibles dont seem to have as many subtilities as we see smoking, as once it passes through the liver it is changed to a more powerful cannibinoid. obv cbd can help smooth out "blood" levels. haze edibles can def still have limbs heavy and swimming in that wavy paranoid edible sea the same as a bubba cookie.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Well squished Gumby hash.

picture.php

Works every time.

THC123

Veteran
I have not touched thc weed for a week. I only vape CBD buds. The strain is charlotte's angel.

It has less than 1% thc so there are still very small amount of it in there.

But this one really helps me sleep well!! And I have totally no withdrawal which is nice. In fact I sleep better with this weed than with thc weed.

Maybe that could be an option for you? Even if there is a bit of thc in there, the cbd is at 18-20% so it balances the anxiety issues out normally?

CBD oil doesn't do shit for me, it's like curtis said, it is a long term supplement.

barnes.henry

CBD oil is help to reduce anxiety, depression from me. If i haven't any anxiety, depression probems much so i can take a good sleep. CBD is not actual for a good sleep but the correct balance of CBD to THC in a strain could actually lead to the perfect solution when it comes to finding you the perfect night’s sleep.

mexweed

Veteran
when I was taking some full spectrum hemp oil capsules what I noticed most was mild energy boost and appetite suppression, but I was taking them in the morning

Bongstar420

CBD keeps me awake. If I have inflammation or depression, I do CBDA for nights. THC high myrcene indica is for sleep.

CBDA is a 5ht1 agonist and a cox2 inhibitor

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I found an article that shows the actives in a brownie. Notice the CBN. Because I cook the ABV in butter/water at 212* for 6 hours, I bet a lot of CBN id formed, and is present in my cookies, which are great sleep aids.

ae78aca0f4953c274fa4a28cd103afb3aa549b52-1100x812.jpg

The article is about measuring actives in edibles. No idea how the brownie was made. Cool magazine:

https://www.cannabissciencetech.com...binoids-edibles-using-thermal-desorption-gcms

BTW, to update a previous post, I have a volc hybrid now, gave away the digit. The ABV from the hybrd, which I only heat the material once for maybe 25 seconds, is still green mostly. I estimate 10% actives - but that's just a guess.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just finished a 6 week CBD study from Asterra Labs, 50mg daily, isolate. It's testing with Harvard Medical School research study. Had liver panel labs performed this week- of course, normal!! Had to enter daily my dose, weekly benefits....it's clearly helped with chronic pain decrease! Plus have another box and finish the 8 week study.

Got a $100 Visa card for participation!!

Firmly believe in CBD products, as we make CBD capsules/balms for numerous peers/customers and will be back on my regimen in December with equivalent dose as Asterra.

Betcha Asterra Labs will be getting FDA approval soon! PROGRESS!

Indeed, it'll help with sleep! Take it 1 hr. before bed.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So, why is cannabis on schedule I?

Edit.. It is not, and we can thank President Trump for that via his executive order allowing hemp. There are mail order websites now for under .3% "hemp" - which is cannabis as best as I can tell.

I have written the WH website already saying they should add THC to the executive order by removing the limit. This would be a good time for Trump to do it. That would take the feds out of the picture, but who knows what states would do.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Back in 1970, it was established. Since then they've seen great progress with cannabis, hemp, even mushrooms, all Schedule I in classification. Part of the Drug war and categorizing drugs with No medicinal value, High abuse rate.

Needs to be changed by DEA, AMA DHHS, others

Attachments

• drug-scheduling-guide.jpg
    drug-scheduling-guide.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 78

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
because there is a world wide war on people who ingest- " the nature" being operated by pirates

Antiquated drug laws.

And there's a differentiation between Cannabis and CBD hemp, which is what you buy in a variety of forms.

Hemp is a specific type of cannabis known scientifically as Cannabis sativa L. Though they are both part of the same family (and sometimes species), hemp and marijuana have different chemistry and characteristics. Hemp plants contain low levels of the intoxicating phytocannabinoid known as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), for which marijuana is well known. It does, however, contain high levels of the non-intoxicating phytocannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD).

In the U.S., the level of THC is a legal defining line between hemp and marijuana. Hemp is generally defined as Cannabis sativa L. plants which contain 0.3% THC or less. Plants exceeding the 0.3% THC limit are considered marijuana and remain illegal federally under the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

The European Union recognizes industrial hemp as the plant Cannabis Sativa L with a THC content of 0.2% or less and there is strong support to increase that limit to 0.3%. While the increase is small, 0.3% is defaulting to the world standard even as some active groups and some countries, notably in Switzerland, a non-EU member, are permitting much higher THC content for Industrial hemp.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Edit.. It is not, and we can thank President Trump for that via his executive order allowing hemp. There are mail order websites now for under .3% "hemp" - which is cannabis as best as I can tell.

I have written the WH website already saying they should add THC to the executive order by removing the limit. This would be a good time for Trump to do it. That would take the feds out of the picture, but who knows what states would do.

Hey FlyHigh....write the DEA/FDA not the WH to change the Schedule classifications to remove Cannabis from Schedule I. WH can't do it; input into FDA/DEA are responsible for adhering to those outdated statutes/laws/classifications.

Galaxy420

Antiquated drug laws.

And there's a differentiation between Cannabis and CBD hemp, which is what you buy in a variety of forms.

Hemp is a specific type of cannabis known scientifically as Cannabis sativa L. Though they are both part of the same family (and sometimes species), hemp and marijuana have different chemistry and characteristics. Hemp plants contain low levels of the intoxicating phytocannabinoid known as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), for which marijuana is well known. It does, however, contain high levels of the non-intoxicating phytocannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD).

In the U.S., the level of THC is a legal defining line between hemp and marijuana. Hemp is generally defined as Cannabis sativa L. plants which contain 0.3% THC or less. Plants exceeding the 0.3% THC limit are considered marijuana and remain illegal federally under the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

The European Union recognizes industrial hemp as the plant Cannabis Sativa L with a THC content of 0.2% or less and there is strong support to increase that limit to 0.3%. While the increase is small, 0.3% is defaulting to the world standard even as some active groups and some countries, notably in Switzerland, a non-EU member, are permitting much higher THC content for Industrial hemp.

are you seriously saying marijuana is another type of cannabis ? what is the phylum of marijuana ... ( what plant species) ... what is the taxonomic data for marijuana ? which plant family is marijuana ? these are all rhetorical Asshole questions that I ask anyone who even brings up the word " marijuana" ...

that word = Tactical Assault ... that is the only purpose for that word

DelayMozrt

Cbd oil is one of the best things to sleep on, especially if you often feel anxious before bed and can't fall asleep even though you've been working hard and are really sleepy. Its feature is that it is very effective and does not have negative effects on health, but rather the opposite. Using CBD from an online canadian dispensary, my sleep became much deeper and better, and I began to wake up with more joy on my face and enthusiasm to do anything throughout the day. I also improved my diet a bit and added some exercise to my daily schedule.

Last edited: