What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Gold 72

regseeds

Hello, I placed an order years ago in alchimia of cg 72. The packaging is the same. Although it's not hard to fake haha

That had been the packaging supplied by USC whilst we were main distributor. They've since updated the packaging.

We've had 0 complaints

regseeds

WOS Colombian Gold strain grown outdoors happened to be Colombian Pyrite, nothing in common with the colombians of old

100% agree if anybody know's how to use the Phylos galaxy, it's mixed with dutch strains.

on colombian's the best i have seen is the Mangobiche from CG

A customer showed me his grow of his CG72 from underground on IG looked pretty impressive to be honest and looks pure.

Hempy McNoodle

The first seedling I started was severely deformed. I ended up getting rid of it. The second seedling ended up being a male (Phylos gender test). But, aside from those issues, I also really messed up the entire grow, I think. I normally use an organic potting soil called Black Gold. I decided to enhance the soil this time with rock dust, as I've been watching lots of gardening and grow videos on youtube. But, at the grow shop, the only rock dust they had was callef azomite. So, I used it quite heavily, thinking I was doing the plants a huge favor. But, it seems to have been completely toxic and all growth stopped after week 1. I stated looking for info on icmag threads and found that many growers strongly discourage using azomite.
So, I will be stating my grow all over again. The only female was the Afropips Malawi Gold. I may keep her and repot after rinsing the roots.

The soil was also full of mites, which I believe are beneficial mites. They don't seem to be bothering the plants.

The third problem for these tropical sativas has been unusually low temps as there has been a cold front over the last 3 weeks with day temps in the 50s. So, I've been running my heater and have been able to keep them between 68°-76°f.

I still have 8 Colombian 72 seeds left.

funkyhorse

Well it's looking like I got 3/3 males based on pre-flowers :(

Here's a definite one I call rainbow on account of the magenta petioles and magenta striping of the main stem. The other two are straight green types.

View Image

View Image

How's everyone elses '72 Gold going?

Hi Nexus
I made cuts from the CG72 I sourced from regseeds
I grew them on 10 and 20 liter pots
There is an impressive difference in the quality of high in favour of the bigger pot plants, no idea why. Maha Kala mentioned the same thing happen for hazes so I guess it must be a feature of colombian strains of old. I didnt find this difference from modern sativa genetics I tried so far
I hope it helps

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has been 24 days since I flipped the lights on the Snow CG '72. I may see male flowers on two of the six plants. Not sure yet. The others have no sign of sex so I am assuming females.

Plants stayed short in stretch and leaves are not real narrow unless counting the newest ones on top. Slow sexual maturity has me guessing this is a real old CG line not worked or interbred. Not gonna yield for shit though. Plants are small and I can tell the buds will be wispy when they arrive.

I am just happy that this appears to be different than the USC line and that it appears to be a genuine heirloom. Slow sexual maturity being a clue on that. My female Mango Thai is well into flower by way of contrast. The Mango is from Thailand for sure, but maybe has been crossed at some point in time to be so quick maturing?

geneva_sativa

The first seedling I started was severely deformed. I ended up getting rid of it. The second seedling ended up being a male (Phylos gender test). But, aside from those issues, I also really messed up the entire grow, I think. I normally use an organic potting soil called Black Gold. I decided to enhance the soil this time with rock dust, as I've been watching lots of gardening and grow videos on youtube. But, at the grow shop, the only rock dust they had was callef azomite. So, I used it quite heavily, thinking I was doing the plants a huge favor. But, it seems to have been completely toxic and all growth stopped after week 1. I stated looking for info on icmag threads and found that many growers strongly discourage using azomite.
So, I will be stating my grow all over again. The only female was the Afropips Malawi Gold. I may keep her and repot after rinsing the roots.

The soil was also full of mites, which I believe are beneficial mites. They don't seem to be bothering the plants.

The third problem for these tropical sativas has been unusually low temps as there has been a cold front over the last 3 weeks with day temps in the 50s. So, I've been running my heater and have been able to keep them between 68°-76°f.

I still have 8 Colombian 72 seeds left.

good luck, hope you can get your AfroPips Malawi going,,, nice smoke there !

I also had issues when I first started,,, tried topdressing rock dusts,,, they need to cook into soil, imo

Nexus7

That had been the packaging supplied by USC whilst we were main distributor. They've since updated the packaging.

We've had 0 complaints

Thanks for the reassurance Mike. Are you still in the biz? Having trouble getting thru to you site but then again my internet is very slow. Any packs of the CG '72 left?

Nexus7

Hi Nexus
I made cuts from the CG72 I sourced from regseeds
I grew them on 10 and 20 liter pots
There is an impressive difference in the quality of high in favour of the bigger pot plants, no idea why. Maha Kala mentioned the same thing happen for hazes so I guess it must be a feature of colombian strains of old. I didnt find this difference from modern sativa genetics I tried so far
I hope it helps

I'll definitely upgrade to a 10-20L pot soon. Just hope one of the remaining two is a female. The pre-flowers are very small are hard to judge so I'm hoping one is at least a female pre-flower without any pistils yet.

If they all are male I will for sure try to reverse one :)

regseeds

Me too...wheres the site?

Hi guys @nexus7 and @Im’One, I wound down the service in late December, Good news we’ll be back. We saved everything from underground previous release and this version (New packaging), i remember when MrNice changed the yellow packet with Howard’s face on it and the versions after were reportedly never the same ?? – So I made sure to save all versions (Lots of backups), We’ve done the same with RSC too, in fact, most native/local lines. We’ll be able to offer whichever versions you prefer when we’re back.

That said, we won’t be back in a few months, so I recommend you head over to undergrounds new site. I assisted them putting together a independent site with payment processing so you should have 0 issues fulfilling your order there. They'll happily help you out, any problems shoot me a email at the support [@] regseeds email and i'll assist

Quick mention will be back as germination – drop your email on the form we’ll send you an ping when it’s up and running - and take care of you

We’ll have a grander selection this time around, and quite possibly an even speedier service, we were lucky to survive providing a scrappy and nimble service for a decade selling only regular seeds. The messages we've received since temporarily closing for a few months has been nothing short of overwhelming - we thank you all! The messages really mean a great deal, you have no idea

Many of our customer who have great collections that have not been available to the public, will become available in some capacity in limited batches on the new site - many strains which where clone only before or lost. Should be good for everybody

Take care all

Last edited:

Nexus7

Hi guys @nexus7 and @Im’One, I wound down the service in late December, Good news we’ll be back. We saved everything from underground previous release and this version (New packaging), i remember when MrNice changed the yellow packet with Howard’s face on it and the versions after were reportedly never the same 😊 – So I made sure to save all versions (Lots of backups), We’ve done the same with RSC too, in fact, most native/local lines. We’ll be able to offer whichever versions you prefer when we’re back.

Glad to hear you'll be back soon Mike :)

Good idea to keep those older packs separate too.

JahGreenLabel hasn't been online for a while and he was the one making the '72 CG Gold seeds for USC. Both Cristalin from USC and Tropical Seeds Co. will be reproducing the line but I doubt they have the same parents as JGL had. That said Cristalin does do some nice work of his own and apparently the '72 CG Gold was already highly inbred at F100 or so by the time Crippled Crow gave it to JGL.

Nexus7

Hey Nexus7

do you know if the 72 is the same cedary line that you mentioned here back in '09 ?

That Nexus was another person. I did see he posted in some of the older CG threads while I was doing my CG research.

This '72 CG comes from Crippled Crow a Canadian grower via a Colombian connection. It's an unknown Colombian from the 80's but called '72 CG because it's reminiscent of the Colombian Gold of old pre-Indica invasion.

It actually my first time doing any CG and so far it's looking like I have 4/4 males so can't say much about the line.

That said I'm already quite taken by the Gold so wouldn't mind testing some more CG lines like BSC's or Reeferman's if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Im'One

Who is BSC?

I have the usc columbian, cannabiogen mango biche and some ACE panama. Thinking of crossing with a friends WOS if he finds a good pheno in that line. Or allowing him some of my genetics to develop his...right now i am discovering the joys of cloning and cant stop myself.Unfortunately my old and quiet neighbor moved out and his loud and young nephew moved in killing my desire to do an outdoor grow.