What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Gold 72

bestothebest

Hello all.
Does anyone have any information on Underground Seed Collective Columbian Gold ‘72? Out of stock everywhere for a while, and I’m waiting hopefully for a restock. Any info on a drop in the future? Other tips will also be appreciated.
Thanks on advance

Nexus7

I got mine from Mike from regseeds. There still in stock there. I spoke to Cristalin and he said he did send some there at some stage ...

I never tried this bank before so not sure if they're legit but the seeds came.

I jstarted one late in the season in a small pot. It was male a flowered early. Hard to tell if it's a pure tropical sativa.

Will try to post a pic when time permits.

Peace,

N7

Jammal

I think there is a coljam of these genetics available...a backcross 75% Colombia 72 //25% Jamacian 64 or something iike that

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the current Coljam uses a '72 CG. I have run several '72 CG and it is an old line likely never messed with. I was around for CG in late 70's by which time the Colombians had introduced indica to their strains.

Stuff I got in '79 had a incense type smell with a clear up high. Looked a little chunkier than the '72 I grew. Course it was compacted so that might have changed things. I preferred the '72 smoke to what I had in '79 though it lacked the incense smell for the most part. Not sure why that was. I had some great Colombian Green in '78, maybe the best I ever had.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Cristalin over at USC does say the current Coljam is using a '72 Colombian Gold. Have not heard from Jah for a while. He said he was using the '80 CG for the 'new' Coljam, but that was in 2013.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah indeed JGL seems offline or underground like many other former members from the Vibes Collective... spoke with him the past winter, he even posted a bit here on the forums.

No idea of what that crook is selling right now after he took over USC or the guys at Tropical Seed Co, who also stole most of the old USC work created by Jahgreenlabel and kept cashing on it even after JGL interrupted their collaboration because the obvious differences on their approach (passion for breeding/plants vs. money/marketing). But it kinda makes sense since they both could be just trying to recreate something without access to the original parent plants.

Anyway that info was also shared by Jahgreenlabel at the Col'Jam thread in 2011 @Cannabisonline boards after someone asked about the Colombian used on that hybrid:

viudiv » Vie Jul 08, 2011 11:40 am
hola a todos,

superbe JGL, ;)

une tite question :
la columbian gold est une souche différente des colombiennes mangobiche et santa marta?
je n'ai pas vu de report sur elle dans le topic landrace.

jahgreenlabel » Vie Jul 08, 2011 11:52 am
hola vivi,

La columbian gold est en fait la columbian santamarta, pour ce cross j'ai utilisé ma lignée 2 !!
Disponible dès aujourd’hui

jahgreenlabel » Dom Jul 10, 2011 2:15 pm
hola poto,

Non la souche de 1972 est ma lignée 3, j’effectue une reproduction de cette lignée pure !!!! Je mettrais surement quelques lots en édition limitées !!! ;)

Hempy McNoodle

I have a pack of those beans and hope to pop them in the next year or two. I did see a grow and smoke report on another site. Just try to do a google search and you may be able to find it. The person who did the grow and smoke report said it was like the best strain ever. They left the impression that it was a low and lite yeild and takes a lot of time and skill for a small but very precious reward. I'm excited to try these indoors, where I imagine I'll be faced with some challenges. I am going to experiment with some ACE Honduras seeds first...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I have run the CG '72 and the Honduras. They are similar in growth, if you can run the CG along side the Honduras. I use white light close to the plants. Then I open the tent every night or two and bend down the tops that are higher than I want. Pinch then bend over till horizontal at whatever height you want. I had mine under 20 inches tall every time.

The Honduras was like old Mexican pot and the CG was better than the old CG I had in '79. Both worth it to experience the olden times again. Not much yield with wispy buds.

Hempy McNoodle

Thanks for that info Yesum. It's awesome that you were able to keep them so low with bending. I had heard that they are quite bendable. I have a 4'x2'x9' closet. I am probably going to attempt to tie mine down using a SCROG net technique with lots of branch bending. I would like to grow the CG72's separately from the Hondurans because I plan on pollenating the CG72s to keep the line preserved. I have 10 seeds and wonder if I can fit all ten (if they all sprout) in a 4ft by 2ft space, at least until the males are removed(?) I may have to work with fewer plants, but would like to use the most I can to get the most genetic diversity into the seeds I will produce.

troutman

Seed Whore
I have 10 seeds and wonder if I can fit all ten (if they all sprout) in a 4ft by 2ft space, at least until the males are removed(?)

If all 10 seeds germinate you won't have enough room.

Even in a 5 inch sq. pot they can grow to be 4 feet tall and be pure jungle plants.

You would need a 4ft X 4ft space to pull off 10 plants and even then it would be a packed house.

I know because i did it. :tiphat:

Hempy McNoodle

Thanks for the input troutman! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If I do two at a time, maybe I can do pollinations over time and keep the line fresh that way. Maybe run them every couple years or so and then run the different lines from each year together(?)

funkyhorse

This is the origin of the seeds with which JGL made his CG72:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1138643

I got mine from 2 different sources: Mike and TSC
I consider the seeds TSC offers from USC to be legit and it shows, I dont know about the problems Mustafunk described, but the JGL seeds TSC is sharing are legit and product of their collaboration once upon a time and they hold JGL alchemy.
As soon as I got the seed from Mike I knew they were not CG72, they are different seeds from TSC CG72

Mike's seeds are interesting, they are old so I am checking them together with other strains
I am also running as test Coljam I got from TSC. The people running TSC now dont know there were two editions of Coljam so they dont have a clue if it is the first or second edition, neither do I

If descriptions by JGL are correct as I believe they are, this stuff are F1's and it shows.
To my surprise because I didnt expect it, the plants grown from seeds Mike is selling as CG72 are the same as TSC Coljam. If it wouldnt be an F1 it would be impossible to recognize.
They have been growing side by side since birth and they are clearly the same thing.

What I dont know is if this is Coljam first or second version which are quite different, hopefully somebody can help

According to this thread were pictures were shown by Nexus and had a talk with Satva, it seemed to be similar to CG72, so I would think it is the first version:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8622823
But every environment and every grow is different so I dont know
1 Coljam male and 1 Mike's CG72 showed sex after 20 days and the other 2 males, 1 Coljam TSC and 1 Mike's CG72 on they day 25. They are all on 20 liters pots and had a vegetative of 14/10 and they were on flowering on 11/13 under cob lights

Up to me they are all Coljam. I would like to determine if it is first or second edition and the year of making
TSC Coljam seeds are in much better shape than Mike's but both of them have the same very good germination.

CG72 was sold at double price of Coljam.
I consider a honest mislabeling when the most expensive strain is sold cheaper. I dont consider this to be a naive and honest mislabeling and I think somebody has smartassed with these seeds along the commercial chain.
If CG72 and Coljam first version are similar plants, who will ever realize if they are legit or not.

The life of the sativa lover arriving at 2020 is very hard and sad, we dont know what we are getting. From legendary sativa strains being commercialized today I am getting indica plants I need to cull or sativa plants hybridized with indicas.
When you make a vegetative of 14/10, all indica contamination shows up and this includes the sativa hybridized with indicas.

Attachments

• Coljam TSC and Mike's CG72 2.jpg
    Coljam TSC and Mike's CG72 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Coljam TSC and Mike's CG72.jpg
    Coljam TSC and Mike's CG72.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Mike CG72 male.jpg
    Mike CG72 male.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Coljam males.jpg
    Coljam males.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 102

Im'One

This is the origin of the seeds with which JGL made his CG72:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1138643

I got mine from 2 different sources: Mike and TSC
I consider the seeds TSC offers from USC to be legit and it shows, I dont know about the problems Mustafunk described, but the JGL seeds TSC is sharing are legit and product of their collaboration once upon a time and they hold JGL alchemy.
As soon as I got the seed from Mike I knew they were not CG72, they are different seeds from TSC CG72

Mike's seeds are interesting, they are old so I am checking them together with other strains
I am also running as test Coljam I got from TSC. The people running TSC now dont know there were two editions of Coljam so they dont have a clue if it is the first or second edition, neither do I

If descriptions by JGL are correct as I believe they are, this stuff are F1's and it shows.
To my surprise because I didnt expect it, the plants grown from seeds Mike is selling as CG72 are the same as TSC Coljam. If it wouldnt be an F1 it would be impossible to recognize.
They have been growing side by side since birth and they are clearly the same thing.

What I dont know is if this is Coljam first or second version which are quite different, hopefully somebody can help

According to this thread were pictures were shown by Nexus and had a talk with Satva, it seemed to be similar to CG72, so I would think it is the first version:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8622823
But every environment and every grow is different so I dont know
1 Coljam male and 1 Mike's CG72 showed sex after 20 days and the other 2 males, 1 Coljam TSC and 1 Mike's CG72 on they day 25. They are all on 20 liters pots and had a vegetative of 14/10 and they were on flowering on 11/13 under cob lights

Up to me they are all Coljam. I would like to determine if it is first or second edition and the year of making
TSC Coljam seeds are in much better shape than Mike's but both of them have the same very good germination.

CG72 was sold at double price of Coljam.
I consider a honest mislabeling when the most expensive strain is sold cheaper. I dont consider this to be a naive and honest mislabeling and I think somebody has smartassed with these seeds along the commercial chain.
If CG72 and Coljam first version are similar plants, who will ever realize if they are legit or not.

The life of the sativa lover arriving at 2020 is very hard and sad, we dont know what we are getting. From legendary sativa strains being commercialized today I am getting indica plants I need to cull or sativa plants hybridized with indicas.
When you make a vegetative of 14/10, all indica contamination shows up and this includes the sativa hybridized with indicas.
How does it show? What are the indicators of indica contamination?