What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

norstar genetics

Breadwizard

I probably would have grabbed that one if it was available at my last seed order, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Red snake is the mother of CBGs Destroyer, which is on the "to get" list, for crossing with zamaldelica for a "Zamal the Destroyer" tripweed hopeful line.

I've heard it's quite nice.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I finally got a response from Norstar on the Zapotec, here it is: (The oaxacan was gifted as a clone from my friend gooeybreeder and is said to be from ‘81... I have never been to mexico, so no idea about the story about 80 oaxaca. The Zapotec is my selected SMCG male x the Oaxaca from ‘81..)

Any ideas on gooeybreeder or where he got his Oaxacan? Could have sworn Jen Norstar worked in Oaxaca for Norstar communications. Oh well, never mind me.... Mind is gone.

I smoked the last of the female Zapotecs and got another strong buzz. Had a little more body than some and was intense and trippy. I noticed the trippy part as I was working outside and things seemed 'unfamiliar' and a bit outer space feeling? Might be cause I have been cooped up so long, hehe.

But really, it was the smoke making things seem other worldly. I crave that feeling, though it can cause some anxiety if you let it. Lost in Space Part 4, with Zapotec alien tobacco pods.

Breadwizard

Gooeybreeder has some pretty amazing lines, and access to some good historic stuff as well, if his Instagram is to believed. He is the source of the NorCal gooey, sometimes labeled afgooey (although they are different, and heavily mislabeled in the market around here).

If the 81 Oaxacan came from him, I don't know how authentic it is, but it'll likely be pretty good and strong breeder.

Breadwizard

Speaking of the Zapotec, the stretchy pheno has really thinned up leaf structure. This is three weeks of flower
picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Cloneman. I looked thru the site you linked and found no mention of Oaxacan. Maui and Colombian were mentioned. Will try to get the pot cast up, it was not opening with the link at that site.

The story I read and wrongly attributed to Norstar, was actually about Nortel communications and a certain Marta that did work there and collected Oaxacan genetics. I will once again say, this stuff is for real, at least for me. I had some of the better smokes from Mexico/Colombia in the 70's. This compares nicely. Will try to put the plants out for a couple days in the summer sun at the finish, to give it the full effect. A bit illegal here, hehe.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am trying to get a hold of gooey breeder to ask about old Mexican lines, Oaxacan '81 in Zapotec he has etc. He has front guy Mike dealing with everything. Looks like 'pure gooey' seeds are in my future too. Pure gooey is a mash up of several elite sativa heirlooms and sadly also Skunk. Pot cast was 3 hours, good stuff with lots of references about heirlooms and longing for the good old days.

Smoked a bit of the best plant again and still a crazy few first minutes followed with a soaring high. Looks as if it will reveg and the others too. Have around 11 viable f2 seeds from them, so looking good on the reproduction front.

Do not see Zapotec seeds listed except one place, and that is sketchy, as I have seen seeds listed in stock before and then you order.... Not stocked.

Breadwizard

He seems pretty responsive on his Instagram, so you could try there. Pure gooey I haven't grown, but I've grown something that was half the Purple Meyhem (solar wind), and that was pretty rad, and made for some colorful crosses.

There's some good sounding stuff in his lines, like Lava, which is an African/Hawaiian.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I am reluctant to join any social media type things for whatever reason. I think his partner will do enough to get me any info relevant to my interests.

Hopefull Stoner

how do you breed bubba kush with banana og and get regular seeds. and why has no one mentioned that type of breeding from northstar ? it's obvious he knows what he's doing based on the relationship with brother gooey. so, only thing i can think of is he's making a back cross but not making it known in his descriptions. nothing wrong with a BX but at least tell with what for the pollen chuckers who want to play with them. ijs

@yesum if u do speak with him can u ask about my above query to let us know. thx.

i don't like flying blind i'm getting too old for that. and my wallet far too small.

Latest posts

Latest posts