What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

StickyBandit

I have big dreams here. I'm able to grow several times now than I consume. So this is a very attractive option. I mean like 8 extra pounds a year (if all goes well) and I have room to grow. I'm envisioning nice little blocks and a cob cave.

Just theoretically here. I'm gonna follow the rules for now at least. But is there any reason the vacuum is necessary after it's fermented and dried? It seems atypical competed to other aged products.

Also interested in flue curing and pressing a la flake/perique tobacco. These are experiments for the future though.

It looks like I took too long. My buds seem to be too dry for cobbing. Into the jars they go. We'll see what the humidity reads later on.

Worst case, I've got more in 12 weeks
My concern for long term storage is degradation and mold if open to the elements, it will soon absorb moisture again in humid conditions. I find vacuum packed can be stored super long term once properly dry and forget about it, just gets better, even for grinding and smoking. I haven't found a better way to store weed long term.
The stuff you have that's dry already should cob fine, it might take a few days to start the process but my guess would be it will work fine once vacuum packed and left in a warm place.
A pound can compress to about the size of a box of tissues so storage is a breeze :)

oldworld

420giveaway
My concern for long term storage is degradation and mold if open to the elements, it will soon absorb moisture again in humid conditions. I find vacuum packed can be stored super long term once properly dry and forget about it, just gets better, even for grinding and smoking. I haven't found a better way to store weed long term.
The stuff you have that's dry already should cob fine, it might take a few days to start the process but my guess would be it will work fine once vacuum packed and left in a warm place.
A pound can compress to about the size of a box of tissues so storage is a breeze :)

It might be a little too dry. 😳 I jarred it up and sealed my problem from the tent fan in there for a while. It said 40% rh.

Hopefully that will go up overnight.

Realistically, I'll probably end up with a cooler and aquarium heater to sweat in and a drawer full of bags, but you know, it's nice to dream.

Latest posts

Latest posts