What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vibe in Hawaii

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know this is a little old but cmon.... truth needs to be spoken.

LOL!! dude hawaii can only grow sativa's outside. VERY limited (since i only like indica's)....

wrong dude. microclimates, remember. you are short changing yourself.

...i was born here but raised in central coast of cali. dont tell me u guys have better shit when u guys cant even fucking grow real og kush....

picture.php

ogkush. actually, its the valley og kush. well, really its 4 valley og kush in 3 containers.

picture.php

chemdogd. THE.

:thank you:

even chems sister is floating around...

new blood. legit. California/US indoor elites. ON MAUI. and maybe some on big island but gotta check with my peeps...
all legit. all real. not "selections" from hybrids released in the last 4/5 years. Can you see my thumb on my nose and my fingers wiggling hahaha

seriously though....i had them in cali before i moved and somehow imported them to maui. smuggled specifically because that shit needed to be brought here. so i played a part and made it happen. a saint of cannabis i declare myself. and my friends of course who helped me accomplish this task we are saints :dance013:

oh. and they are growing outside at this stage of their lives. nice and healthy and flowery and healthy. again, its called - MICROCLIMATE. i cant wait to show you more pictures as the grow progresses as its only 21 days in for this crop. im so thrilled. oh, and its fucking january. oh yeah!!!!!
ive seen these grown out/flowered i should say, here, outdoors, very successfully, around the corner literally from where i am specifically, for the past 6/8 months now. they flower nice here!!!! like norcal in the outdoor season only better. and seemingly can be done all year. even better. im gonna kill it i declare. thats what i do. no be so pilau brah. we did it!!!!!
GROWN HERE NOT FLOWN HERE. the time is now.
picture.php

imo to do these kinds of plants (elite clones) right you have to start them inside. so no different than your basic indoor grow set up for veg...
picture.php

like this

grow/build them to size as you would before bringing them into the flower room. but instead of moving them into a flower room full of 1ks (cause anything less would be uncivilized).....

picture.php

put them here. *roof panels or even a clear poly top/cover are coming soon to keep the rains from raining down and contacting the buds...

anyways the plants are sooooo conditioned to 24/0 light that when they get the photoperiod activity of nature outside thats all they will need to start flowering. and its enough to keep them in flower mode no matter the season is my guess based on what ive seen thus far. for the og kush and chemdog anyways. im sure ecsd would follow suit. sourdubble too..... but maybe im getting carried away. but you see what i mean.

as for the op and his question....
41hope - good fucking luck.
this is coming form a guy who moved form socal to maui. i had similiar thoughts as you but not quite so far gone.
good fucking luck.
buy shit at garage sales its cheaper and you'll kind of know how to do your own garage sale island style when you need to get rid of your shit and head back to the mainland.
if you dont have ALL the capital you need for the indoor grow to cover build operation, extras etc, your bummed. if you dont find a place with the space to do your indoor grow, your bummed. remember its an island no matter which rental you choose and theres only x number of rentals available and only x number of neighborhoods to reside. good luck getting a job unless you have the $$$ to pay rent up front for however long you need because jobs are a premium here too. and locals get the priority over the new blood. unless you are lucky. and no job youre going to rent a house how?
youre a college student.
like i said, good fucking luck.

oh.
i see.
gonna try norcal instead.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=227949
LOL
i think they'll love you up there
:wave:

Last edited:

TheFlyinHaWyn!

yep, all true. it's nice to have connections :D that HP13 you got running is mighty tasty! got to try it out some years ago while i was on maui one time for a pakalolo 420 party :D

Hawaii is very special, but it takes a certain kind of person to see the true beauty, not just the physical ;)

aloha

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
My family moved to Hawaii in 1960, I left in 1973 and have never been back. It was truly growing up in paradise. Just a couple of thoughts we were in Hawaii for about 2 hours and got into a fight with the locals, still not sure over what.
Bets advise I can give is to get to know some of the locals, once yu get in with them your set, other wise your only going to be another haole.

Mia

All I know about Hawaii is that everyone I've ever met from there seems to feel the need to claim it every five seconds.
lol. Gets old fast.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
All I know about Hawaii is that everyone I've ever met from there seems to feel the need to claim it every five seconds.
lol. Gets old fast.

Yeah, but wouldn't you if you were from there?

TheFlyinHaWyn!

the vibe will be a little bit different if the state legislature changes the MMJ laws. kind of suck, but wtf, nothing to do but trudge on.

aloha

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol. Gets old fast.

it never gets old claiming the rainbow state!!!
someones got to do it lol

heres some shots of what i flowered to start the new year (was put outside dec312011).
valley og kush
picture.php

chemd
picture.php

skunkdawg
picture.php

webb (hp13 cross)
picture.php

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude Grey skull our cali shit is the best for varieties, but for specifiaclly the best trippy sativas on the planet; they are grown in the Islands, out doors in their fertile volcanic soil in their longest grow season. they have several. I want to buy a place their just to grow those sativas in those seasons for my own personal crop. I'll even share with all the neighbors that toke to make lots friends. Everyone respects sharing the sacred herb.

41hope

Hey Grey Skull I may get my PHD in HI, it will be about 3 years. After thinking it over its best that I reach out to my child hood farming friends, humboldt growers who have been growing for 30 plus years, and finish up my 2nd undergrad & masters in Cali. Still walking away from 6 figure income, its easier to grow than to manage 56 people. Even though HI is not the best place for "cultivation" I'm very intersted in the Botany program in HI. I do have family in HI, money is not a problem been saving for years and I have been earning for years. The only problem I see is the locals but I have many contacts and I think they will like me (eventhough you don't think so) Shit my parents have an condo in Maui & Kaui I've never had problems!

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Hey Grey Skull I may get my PHD in HI, it will be about 3 years. After thinking it over its best that I reach out to my child hood farming friends, humboldt growers who have been growing for 30 plus years, and finish up my 2nd undergrad & masters in Cali. Still walking away from 6 figure income, its easier to grow than to manage 56 people. Even though HI is not the best place for "cultivation" I'm very intersted in the Botany program in HI. I do have family in HI, money is not a problem been saving for years and I have been earning for years. The only problem I see is the locals but I have many contacts and I think they will like me (eventhough you don't think so) Shit my parents have an condo in Maui & Kaui I've never had problems!

Dont let anything stand in the way of your passion....
Hawaii has a killer vibe.... just like any place there are cool people and jerks .... just be respectful and youll fit in just fine

If your on Oahu you may wana steer clear of Waianae LOL
Make sure any local girl you meet dont have bro's cant smash you LOL
Any dont buy any weed off the street,unless your into double bagged elmers glue and oregano nugs LOL

SquidyPacheco

41hope you're dime a dozen in da islands most dont last and bail to nor cali..

Sup TFH!!! i rememba dat party ... anyways bu good for c u around, hope you and everyone is only good .. Plenti Aloha

Grey Skull lot of people like to think they are the first to bring things here.. but we have had access to many elite cuttings here for years you're not the first grower to make it here with his elites. Bubba Kush -AlbertWalker-NYCD-ECSD- Afghani Landrace just to name a few that been here for years..the skunk dawg is a lung buster for sure... is that the skunk dawg cut going around?? or is that the personal SDK cut?? anyways right on for getting all your strains here looks like you scored .. if i had to guess upcountry/ulupalakua down side :) you guys get one killer micro climate and elevation. if you really want to try a Maui Strain see if you can get a hold of the pink gorrilas,.. If you know any east side growers a few still rocking the pink gorillas.. Aloha and mahalos for reppin Maui wit your crips A hui hou

oldhaole st8up you da man, in my eyes you mo Hawaiian den da Hawaiians.. you are the perfect example of what happens when something thrives in Hawaiis special climate specialy where you stay is the perfect micro climate.. i see you been doing what you been doing long time and remind me of someone.. anwho bra hats off to you. you nailed it..

A hui hou
SquidyPacheco

MKGROW

molokai

molokai

Here's the breakdown from a slightly bias point of view....

Kauai is a beautiful island. Very old leached out soil. not many permits there. A market exists. Pretty wet island....very green. There is a dry side, but mostly the island is wet.

Oahu has a million people jammed into 500+ sq miles. Too many rips....They never grow enough so there is a big demand.

Big Island. Bigger than all the rest of the state put together. Weed everywhere. No market except export. Land is cheap. but you have a live volcano or two and you don't want to live downwind or downslope of that puppy. Permits are easy to get, but the island is big as Hawaii goes. East Hawaii (where land is cheapest) has a wild wild west atmosphere.

Maui county....Consists of three inhabited islands and 1 uninhabited. Lanai is too dry and full of deer and sheep. Molokai....you can grow, but the Hawaiians probably won't like you. A lot of Militant Hawaiians there. They are determined to keep the island as backwards as they can. No jobs.

Now Maui.... We have the best beaches. Great soil, not too old and leached out. Not too many people, so there's is a market. Second biggest island. Wide variety of microclimates. They still grow sugar, and that's a great place to grow a crop on the sly. There are jobs, but the whole state runs 20% or more to live here vs the mainland.

Whatever island you pick....we ain't the mainland. We grow far better weed, but the whole vibe is different than the mainland. Things move slower. Go along...you get along.
Draw attention to yourself...you get beat down. Were Islands....hard to run and hide here.

please keep telling people that thank
you molokai docent want 10 story hotels or big cruse ships dumping there toliets in our harbor. i
molokai is like that movie the beach w decapriom
i can't spell plus i got the bud too good to ship to maui or honolulu lol just a white boys opinion live pono bra

C

Carlos Danger

^ Is this an example of the fine Molokai education system above?

Buddle

Veteran
The bud I bought on the Big Island was incredible. Still one of my top three strains ever smoked.I have been smoking since 75 . The weed was purchased in 1990. Two hundred for a half oz.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maui Style....

on the right is about to wake up to day 50
on the left, day 15

a LOT of Chem D

picture.php

BANG