What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Cannabis?

BagseedSamurai

There is a picture, I believe in the Breeder's Bible or perhaps one of Cerventez' books, of a black-leaved cannabis plant from Europe. The leaves are seriously so purple they look black.

Doesn anyone have a lead on seeds for this strain?

Dr. D

Veteran
The Dankouver i used to grow did it, very dark purple to the point of being black.
It only ever did it in hydro and without low temps too..

Dr. D

Veteran
That F13 looks sick Christalin! Iv been wanting to try some of DJ's genetics, i think i may have to grab me some up pretty soon...Peace

hopleaf

there are several strains that become so dark they look black. if i'm not mistaken there is a strain called "the black" and also i think subcool has a black trainwreck that he uses in his breeding.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ive had several of these black strains from the club before. they look crazy at first, but nothing too special about the smoke that i noticed. prefer something green with blue or purple hints. ive also had a ton of 100% purple erkle before and it looks awesome and is good for selling but not something i want to smoke every day. some of it is down right harsh because its been so loaded up with nutes.

burningfire

Veteran
I Don't think it's very rare, some strains are greener than others hence they will be a deeper shade of purple in the cold

Baba Ku

Veteran
picture.php

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
this began green, faded to yellow, and at 49 days is turning black...not dark green or purple but black.
it is white widow from some vendor in the UK, can't remember who...but have not seen this before; perhaps caused by some nute problems(i changed mediums since last run).
came in here hoping to find out more about it.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here's some Sugar Cane Kush at 56 days and would have gone black if I let her go another week!

attachment.php

:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

DK2670_01

Hey there

this werd indoor/outdoor F1 cros have one pheno there sudently turned black/ dark velvet in week 8-10 in bloom ;)

456.jpg

457.jpg

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
the black cannabis often shows outdoor when the temps are real low. the plant probaly try to protect itself this way. this one was all green a month ago
picture.php

picture.php

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
ty, its from an old breeder friend named eno. dunno much on its background
picture.php

picture.php

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
check these one out. these traits are more genetic related
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Esben, the very last picture, is that an Erdpurt hybrid?

i suppose mine is a bit more Bronze than black though. .... this is from MrStinky's HFH poly hybrid mix.
lateseptetc120.jpg

here is a pic of one of the stinky hfh mix plants, i did not grow this. calyx are very close to black imo
esbenpmix.jpg

Nicoli

Veteran
I wonder what the scientific reason they turn black is?

Maybe black leaves would generate heat from the sun and keep a plant warmer in a cold climate? Maybe im stoned but im just wondering why. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts