What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will it breed? (Lambsbread x MAC1) - Female Seed Project

Waka

I see comments and images that the MAC1 doesn't breed well. Well I gotta find out for myself and might as well document it as I go. If I can get one heater out of the bunch I'll be happy, if I can even get a bunch :D. I reversed my Lambsbread with STS, collected the pollen in amber vials, placed the open vial in a closed container with a decadent packet to let it dry, then the vial was placed in the freezer for storage.

Applied pollen via qtip at week 4 of flower. Let's see if we can get some seeds to grow!

Reversed Lambsbread
tY4zsJq.jpg

Pollinated MAC1
CmjHAW8.jpg

Waka

Dust an other plant just to rule out the pollen not being viable. If thats something youd be able to do.

I also dusted another Lambsbread to make S1's and to have it in backup seed form just in case. The pistils started to turn brown so I think it's viable. I'll find out for sure in a weeks time.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's your sts recipe and spray schedule? Looks like a nice full reversal, did you get pollen dropping? If so around what week? Thanks and good luck.

Waka

What's your sts recipe and spray schedule? Looks like a nice full reversal, did you get pollen dropping? If so around what week? Thanks and good luck.

Hi Tonygreen,

I got my STS spray from a seller on stainly. I was going to make my own but the cost of the equipment and time wasn't worth it to me. It was more cost effective to buy a pre made spray. Not sure if it's against forum rules to post a link but if you want the person I bought it from send me a PM.

The spray schedule was the following:

-Spray plant 5 days before flower
-Once in flower spray every 5 days until pollen sacks start to open up

Pollen sacks would open up but I would need to pluck them with a tweezer and then poke the stamen to make the pollen drop. I'm sure there is a much quicker method as it took awhile to collect . I see people use around a 20 micron screen to filter out the pollen and plant material, might try that next.

I would need to check my notes but I believe it was around week 5 or week 6 I was able to start collecting. Every time I got a pollen sack with a lot of pollen I felt like I hit gold.

Waka

How did the cross go

I'll be chopping the mac1 on Sunday. I'm going to let it go 12 weeks. At this time I don't see any visible seeds poking out like I normally would. I know the pollen is viable as I did an S1 cross with my lambsbread but the pollen doesn't seem as viable as a normal male plant. I'll be finding out if there are any seeds hiding in the buds. I'll post updates in about two weeks if I get seeds or not.

WelderDan

Veteran
So as I understand it, the MAC1 is fire, but the offspring doesn't live up to expectations. Has anyone taken the offspring to F2 or beyond to see if anything interesting shows up in later generations. F2's and beyond are where the really interesting phenos start popping up IMO.

Waka

Unfortunately I didn't get any seeds. It's okay though, I'm glad I tried at least. Partially I think it was the pollen as it didn't take to a gg4 I pollinated as well. I do know the mac1 breeds as other breeders have done it. Would I try breeding with mac1 in the future? No I won't I think there are better plants out there now.

Latest posts

Latest posts