What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED for 4x4 tent

zico420

hey guys im about to start growing and i did alot of research and reading i got the gist of everything i need but im having trouble figuring out a good LED light for a 4x4 tent. i cant decide between OPTIC, KINDLED, adavnce platinum, VIVASPECTRA i even considered paying the 1200 for photo max Black dog led i just cant decide i see good reviews then bad reviews that discourage so now im here seeking help please.

How many would i need also?
i need details please if you use any of these brands let me know how the worked i planing on growing six plants in tent. if you need more info to help me ask away I appreciate this in advance thanks

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Forget the Vispectra! Wanna know why? Do an independent research :)

i'll tell ya why... cause they.. S U C K ...

i used '3' 300w in a 4x3.5ft tent for one grow, and gave em away... what a waste of $$$$- i can't tell you what led's to use- but i can tell ya which one not to

Lucky 7

I purchased an Advanced platinum P300. It's working great. It sounds like this or the next step up is for you. Very little heat, good coverage, plants love it. I have 2 of kush autos and 1 c99 and 1 headband under it. The autos are ready in about 1 week, the others end of August. Works every bit as well as my old 400wtt gavita.

I'm currently using 2 - 600 Watt Vipaspectra's in my 4'x8'x7' Tent. I have 25 plants growing under them & most (18 - 20) of them are doing really well but a few not so good. I think the one's not doing so good are due to me leaving the humidifier on too much as I reached 85% R.H. It's back down near 65% & the plants are looking better. I'm not going to make a final judgement on the Viparspectra LED's just yet...but I will say you have to raise them higher than the manufacturer suggests.
I would use 1 - 600 watt LED & 4- 28 Watt LED Spotlights in the corners for side lighting in a 4'x4' Tent. 2 Clip on Fans, a 6" 500CFM Fan & Carbon Filter & you're good to go.

If you want a good deal on Black Dog look at Craigslist Phoenix. There's a guy selling 5 of them at a good price. Maybe you can work it out. Just type in grow light & you'll see them.