What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the high from edibles

supermanlives

Veteran
i have made lots of edibles. all of them have for me had very sedative effects. at the worst i get really stoned and fall asleep. i used a mexican sativa i have been working with for 9 years and made butter. 6 oz per lb butter. this shit is hippie crack.first run is 3 oz butter to bannana bread mix. this shit is keeping me up till 3 am and thoe old lady thinks i am back on the coke or meth. all i can say is wow. i have never had any up effects from edibles. HAVE YOU?

ds8802

hippie crack... lol.
i too get totally jacked when i eat mexican. great functional buzz at lower doses and great for parties on the higher end. gets pretty psychedelic for me as well.

THC123

Veteran
nope but you have inspired me to make some butter with my indian sativa sometime up to now i only used hybrids

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It seems like the longer I cook my butter the more lethargic the high gets.

Is that a toddy or a hot chocolate? Or maybe just a cafe au lait?

I know what's floating in it and it's giving me ideas...

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I eat a lot of ganja butter. I find that if i eat it and sit on the couch i will fall asleep. If i eat it and go for a hike, i am energized. Or if i eat it and do work in the garden i am energized. Just think setting is ALSO a factor.

I

In~Plain~Site

It seems like the longer I cook my butter the more lethargic the high gets.

Is that a toddy or a hot chocolate? Or maybe just a cafe au lait?

I know what's floating in it and it's giving me ideas...

For me it really does depend on what material I use and the length of time it had on the plant more amber/less etc.

Of course strain is a variable.I really do prefer a mix, sometimes body, others head high...anything taken early seems to noid me a tad.I always let it simmer for 12 hours regardless.

MMM - that's just some Kona/IrishCreme and our favorite medicine :)

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Yea, for a long time there I was using a Hawaiian Sativa for my butter. Makes for a good wake you up high. Its no fun if you have too much though. :puke:

StinkyGreen

I've had great results with edibles. My favorite was shortbread cookies made with White Widow. Great balanced high. I made a second batch that I cooked for much longer, and found the results too sedative for my liking. I don't know what the optimum cooking time is, but based on my experience it is no longer than 3 hours.

M

Mr. Mountain

I find edibles very strain specific. For example I made butter with
wonder haze trim and it gave people some pretty serious panic attacks.

I prefer a more mellow strain for edibles, leaning heavily toward DJ genetics. You can feel the love!

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
hahahaha yes this has happened to me i made a thread about it about a year ago. but anyways i used around an ounce of indoor pure Thai to about one and half sticks of butter(i like mine potent) and used that to make one batch of like twelve cookies i think maybe 15 but def not more than 20 for sure lol

I ate around 3 - 5 of them, my girlfriend super tiny chick at 5 at once hAHA and anothre friend at about 1 and half

WELLLLL lets just say it felt like i ate about 5 grams of fucking mushrooms heavy hallucinations heart was beating a million miles an hour my friend was perfect he said extremly baked.

me and my girl were just on the verge of to much to handle, but we have handled way stronger crazy situations than that. so i drank a case a beer to come down and she tried to pass out sitting up lol.

shit was buck wild status for sure only made sume like that once and it was with THAT DEVIL PURE THAI yummy

Barn Owl

i have made lots of edibles. all of them have for me had very sedative effects. at the worst i get really stoned and fall asleep. i used a mexican sativa i have been working with for 9 years and made butter. 6 oz per lb butter. this shit is hippie crack.first run is 3 oz butter to bannana bread mix. this shit is keeping me up till 3 am and thoe old lady thinks i am back on the coke or meth. all i can say is wow. i have never had any up effects from edibles. HAVE YOU?

I actually like hybrids for this reason. A strain that is too up can really go on for a while. A racy sativa can really make you feel bad if you are the type that gets very self critical and paranoid. The up surge of the sativa is very good, but the indica effect grounds things pretty well. I just made Green Crack edibles which I found very pleasent. Very up without the paranoia.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
We call that a "Hippie Speedball" here in the NW. Normally a bong rip chased with espresso is par for the couse amidst foggy mornings on the puget sound, and this version here looks damn good :) The best part of waking up... is budder in your cup?

Thats familiar! Here in Norcal we call Yerba Mate and bong rips, hippie speedballs. Ancient practices spanning states...

I made some Olive Oil infusion today for a friend, wanted to sample it and give him an idea of its potency. I used 5-6 ounces of bud/popcorn for the 51 ounce, 1.5 liter bottle. It was some Hazy Jones that had been vacuum sealed for about a year.

I wanted to start small because i dont eat a ton of edibles and have a respectful caution when entering that wavelength. I usually make and eat butter or things i make with the butter. Yes i do sometimes just throw marble sized bites of butter to melt in my mouth, but only straight out of the freezer. YUM.
Though my friend is a chef and wanted it in oil form. So I started with a measured Teaspoon of the oil straight into the mouth. Unlike the butter i make, this tool a good 1.5+ hours to kick in. I was surprised cause the butter sometimes hits me in less than .5 hours. So i am in the garden feeling good, when all of a sudden the lights intensify, the fans get louder, and i realize that simply by turning on some music, i may be transported somewhere. So i follow my instinct and next thing i know my concentration and awareness is no longer spread thin but instead focused like a laser beam. Brought me right to my present moment, and for the next five-six hours, whether i was talking to someone, or going through my daily tasks, i was doing it with an awareness and completeness that just felt so good and healthy. :ying:
Blessed be the sacred herb in all its forms, and lessons that it bestow upon us.

O.k. i REALIZE THIS THREAD IS 3 WEEKS OLD BUT I thought someone might see this and give me some advice. My best gf is looking for a "sleep aid "that will knock her out. She wants to wean herself off zanax. I suggested she start smoking mj as she reduces the amount of zanax until she reaches the point where she is just using the mj only. In her situation, smoking is not an option. I suggested she put a little in a gelatin capsule. I have only ingested it once in my life and that was eating a brownie. I cant remember how much was used, it was so long ago ,but I slept like a baby.
She on the other hand has never smoked but about twice her whole life. Needless to say , she hasnt built up tolerance. With her personality, it could be a disaster if she gets paranoid or anxiety. Can anyone tell me how much she should try? Half a size 00 gel cap? or 2 or 3?

Latest posts

Latest posts