What's new

Is a bong just a bong??

dieselman

Hi All

I usually vap using my volcano but sometimes I use a bong for a quick hit before bed. I have a small glass one and an acrylic one, which is shit. I am wondering if you get what you pay for in a Bong or are they pretty much the same??

Thanks
DM

i havent owned any of the really expensive bongs (RooR PHX etc...) but what i can say is if you have an acryllic bong, convert the downtube and the slide to glass. i did that to my old acryllic about 5 years ago and havent looked back. it makes it easier to transport on camping trips and the like and you keep the ability to smoke from glass. hope this helps a bit

JohnnyATL

Veteran
i would think a bong gives you what you give for it. Alot of the higher end bongs come with the ice catcher and the ash catcher and even the percolator which amount to a better smoke.

dfa

anyone can make a "roor".

try a hurricane bong using a phedor.

dude

Last edited:

D0nC0smic

yea its the slide part that really matters, if you put a glass slide with a percolator and an ash catcher in a fucking gatorade bottle its gonna give your the same quality smoke

D0nC0smic ive actually done something like that

dont get me wrong, i love my bong. if i were given a brand new 4 footer with a triple perc, carbon filter, ash catcher, and an ice notch....id first have to smoke one out of the old punisher to show it some love. its been my friend too long.

i guess my point is no matter what kind of bong you have, treat it well and it will treat you better

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The old bamboo ones gave me the best hits in my younger life, the ceramic wizard was good for a couple decades, then got broken. Portable cheap plastic ones for bong hits while driving cross country, trying not to spill the bong water when turning the wheel. we need a bong museum. [with sampling]
H

dieselman

EvilRaven1031 said:
dont get me wrong, i love my bong. if i were given a brand new 4 footer with a triple perc, carbon filter, ash catcher, and an ice notch....id first have to smoke one out of the old punisher to show it some love. its been my friend too long.

Thanks all. as for the carbon filter, does it not take some of the THC out of the smoke ?

DM

Wait...What?

Veteran
we don't own glass, we just rent it for a time...

but still, glass is where its at. you can keep your acrylic smoking devices.

Echoes

Bongs are a good investment

Bongs are a good investment

Yeah, I'd say you usually get what you pay for. Some price tags are a little high and sometimes brand names or greedy shops cause that. I got my 2ft Lux w/ splash-guard, ice catcher and tri-arm percolator for $350 and I'd say it was pretty much worth it. Could've been a little cheaper but as long as I don't break it and it lasts for a few years, it has somehow payed itself off in my mind. It's actually spoiled me quite a bit because when it's clean and iced down, the hits are so smooth and you can really get a good taste for the weed. I sometimes get disappointed when I have to smoke out of my friends little acrylic piece or whatever but I'll still take a rip or two. I'm currently in the process of trying to shift more towards vaporizing but it's sort of hard to ignore the bong.

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
glass hits better through and thorugh. i stopped using my plastic bongs because after a while the the tar started to build up on it and after cleaning it, it would still smell funny. so plastic holds the smell, and makes all hits after it taste bad.

hits tride and true time and again. i keep my pipes clean for that very same reason. my reguylar glass pipes hit better than anything wooden or metal either, for the same reason, no residue is left once you clean it, and you can clean it. thats why bongs are way better to be made out of glass than anything. anysmoking device you use is gonna have tar/residue build up, you have to be able to clean it and have it be clean, or its not worth smokin out of.

i mean look at your own dishware. which one has the least amount of cratches/stains? after a while you have to throw away most plastic tupperware, because of staining/cracking, but i dont have any pyrex or ceramic bowls/ containers that ive had to throw out due to any staining, unless it gets cracked or broken beyond use.

Last edited:

dieselman

Thanks Echoes and FRIENDinDEED your points are well taken. Since 4/20 is a coming, local shops will have a sale :)

DM

bleezie

a buddy just broke my phx trinity today

it's so damn close to 420 too... :cuss:

my best bet is for any frequent toker to get at least a cheap glass bong. nice clean glass hits (lol, ive smoked hundreds of makeshift bongs, from burnt plastic to burnt foil!). throw in a few extra bucks for a nice percolated one if you want extra clean smoke :) it's pretty worth it as long as you take care of the piece.

Mr.qewk

I own a 600CC 3 jet Hurricane (270 euro) and i can with absolute certainty say that you get what you pay for with Hurricane Bongs!

This bong has 3 or 6 tiny vents, depending on modell, on the glassbody that pushes the smoke to whirl around throwing the tar to the sides and catching it pretty efficiently. The added air also adds taste to your hit.

It also has 4 different sized shooters for your different mixes.

You can even throw these bad boys on the ground without them shattering, I've seen demo videos of people playing soccer with one to demonstrate it's durability. Search on youtube for videos if you are curious.

I plan on buying a 750cc or 1000cc 6jet bong in the future aswell.

It's simply the smoothest bong with the best design I have seen sofar.

zomg1

some bongs just hit really well... i prefer this simple little 70$ bong i got to my big expensive glass on glass pieces, any glass piece is gonna be better than any plastic or acrylic piece for suuureee

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Saying all bongs are the same is like saying all pussy's the same (sorry ladies). It ain't.

I don't smoke out of anything unless it's glass or paper. Custom pieces are where it's at. I've never really messed with RooR's or Hurricanes or anything like that. But if you go to a nice shop and drop a C-note I promise you'll be satisfied.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10 inch of 40mm plastic waste pipe,a glass milk bottle, 10inch of hose pipe,insulation tape and a 10mm socket.
now thats what i call a bong

tokinsmokin

Echoes said:
Yeah, I'd say you usually get what you pay for. Some price tags are a little high and sometimes brand names or greedy shops cause that. I got my 2ft Lux w/ splash-guard, ice catcher and tri-arm percolator for $350 and I'd say it was pretty much worth it. Could've been a little cheaper but as long as I don't break it and it lasts for a few years, it has somehow payed itself off in my mind. It's actually spoiled me quite a bit because when it's clean and iced down, the hits are so smooth and you can really get a good taste for the weed. I sometimes get disappointed when I have to smoke out of my friends little acrylic piece or whatever but I'll still take a rip or two. I'm currently in the process of trying to shift more towards vaporizing but it's sort of hard to ignore the bong.

I HAVE THE SAME ONE! with a Roor ashcatcher and diffuser.

And yes it is very worth it, I always thought to my self how stupid to buy such an expensive bong since all bongs essentially work the same. But I was wrong, after I purchased this bong I realized how great a top of the line bong is. Its amazing how much cleaner of a hit I get out of this bong. I have another glass on glass bong that is only a single chamber bong and it doesn't give me even close to the same hit as my LUX. After buying the LUX I couldn't think what else I would want more than this bong for the same price.