What's new

Why are they flowering?

H

Huey69

I have 6 plants that I bought as clones exactly one month ago. I have 3 White Russians and 3 Lavenders. All 6 appear to be flowering....but why? The first couple of nights, my dad took them inside and put them out in the morning becuase the nights were cold and to let them get established a bit. After a weekish, I noticed a deficiency, which I attributed to us using our tap water which is soft water, so we stopped that. We are growing in miracle grow(a mix of the potting and garden mix +perlite), and the plants have been healthy, but alas...
100_1018.jpg

100_1030.jpg

One of the White Russians...
100_1040.jpg

One of the Lavenders...

I know I've read one other thread about this, and people were saying they would re-veg...will that be the case for me? And is there anyhting I can do to "assist" them?
Thanks.

tokinjoe

They will definitely reveg bro. Question, were these plants under constant 24/0 lights? It appears the dark nights brought on the flowering but the increase in sunlight will make them reveg. Expect a little stunting while they change back but you should be aight.

H

Huey69

I bought them from a dispensary, so I don't know what the original amount of light used was. Once they were home, they were pretty much outside, except at night when they were right next to a window in the kitchen(so they may have gotten light then, but it was only probably the first 4-5 days from when I acquired them).

What are the signs of it re-vegging? will whatever pistils/buds that form just die? This is my first time growing(my dads third year in a row, plus years from the past, but I got left in charge while he is working in mexico for 4 months), so I'm still trying to learn everything I can.

Spaceman_Spliff

It's that time of year. light hours are slowly getting longer but you need at least 14.5 hours of light a day before putting plants out without stunting them or completly throwing them into flower. You could re-vege but I would recomend getting new clones when your light hours are at least 14.5 a day and gaining. Then rolling those up when they finish or stall out. It takes a long time for a plant to completly go from thinking it's going to die to starting life from the begining again.

:rasta: Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Read my thread in the sticky section concerning photoperiod, this is exactly why I posted it.

Its a bit early to place clones out yet, the light cycle is too short, but they will probably reveg OK after a while, I doubt they will fully finish flowering before the light cycle gets long enough in a few weeks or so, but it will slow them down a few weeks in growth...........

Last edited:
H

Huey69

BACKCOUNTRY said:
Read my thread in the sticky section concerning photoperiod, this is exactly why I posted it.

Its a bit early to place clones out yet, the light cycle is too short, but they will probably reveg OK after a while, I doubt they will fully finish flowering before the light cycle gets long enough in a few weeks or so, but it will slow them down a few weeks in growth...........
Thanks. I went ahead and read that. Makes sense. My dad had said it would be fine to get them then....I guess not :( Hopefully the clones I just picked up the middle of last week will be ok...

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
It is OK to have seedlings out right now(I am assuming you are in the southern 2/3rds of California), they are not mature and will not be triggered to bloom, clones are mature and will take the light cycle right now to be blooming time.

H

Huey69

Ya..~33 latitude. They are clones that are just getting established in 4 inch pots(I bought them on wednesday, and transplanted when i got them home), today was the first day the showed a good amount of growth. The picture is from the day I got them.
100_1009.jpg

NPK

You can also view the situation as an opportunity and continue flowering the clones by using a forcing structure (say, a $50 tent at Big Lots if you've got space outside) come early May. I've been flowering a bunch of Shiva Skunks since early March and will be doing my first outdoor harvest within a couple of weeks. In your case, looks like you could harvest some buds sometime in June.

My first round of buds looks kinda small because of the chilliness of the spring, but they're looking solid enough and ripening great.

9643shivaskunk-med.jpg

Absolutely worthwhile! I say use the short days to your advantage.

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
My friend did this with one of my Goldfingers last year, and it began flowering in April. Once the 'tipping-point' had been reached, it began growing 'normally', but it had small flower sites all over the plant from then until harvest. It seemed to be unable to shake off the flower cycle completely, but did grow fine other than that...

smokeymacpot

Veteran
i had one that started flowering and kinda went into reveg but not fully and well it turned into an utter ugly mess, so i ended up killing it.