What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is smoking cannabis bad for your teeth or gums in any way?

S

Space Ghost

I've been pondering this a while... Aside from staining them (harmless), what other damage is being done to oral health?(if any)

even smoking meth and crack dont do anything bad directly to your teeth. Its just the lifestyle of addicts that causes bad hygiene (and the speed can make you grind your teeth a bit). So... if youre a dirty hippie that never brushes/flosses his teeth, then yes. But its not the weed, its because you dont brush your teeth.

S

Space Ghost

I was under the impression that smoking methamphetamines causes extreme dry mouth and eventually causes the gums to recede, although I could be wrong.

I know I'm contradicting myself, but let's try and keep the discussion about smoking cannabis products.

G

You're not wrong SG you're exactly correct and anyone saying ingesting meth is not harmful to the upper orafice is sadly mistaken.Look at these green misshapen toothes!

trouble

Veteran
The American, good point my friend. I was thinking the same thing.

I will see you back in Berlin The American!

Last edited:
all Im saying is its the lifestyle that causes tooth decay from any drug, not the drug itself.

anyway its defiantly worth discussing meth's effects on teeth if its caused by dry mouth because cannabis has been known to cause dry mouths as well...

according to wiki, these are 3 factors that contribute to tooth decay in meth users:

* xerostomia (dry mouth): Methamphetamine use may decrease the production of saliva. A lack of saliva's natural protective effects directly leads to increased tooth decay, particularly at the gumline. Many users also smoke tobacco or consume highly sugared soft drinks, worsening the problem.
* cracked teeth: Methamphetamine induces clenching and grinding of the teeth, leading to wear or cracks.
* neglect of oral hygiene: This is likely among the most important causes of poor oral health among methamphetamine users. After a prolonged binge, users may sleep for a day or more with their mouths open, exacerbating the problems of poor saliva supply.

S

Space Ghost

trouble said:
The American, good point my friend. I was thinking the same thing.

I will see you back in Berlin The American!

what did he say? I can't see his post for some reason...

S

Space Ghost

Jack D Ripper said:
anyway its defiantly worth discussing meth's effects on teeth if its caused by dry mouth because cannabis has been known to cause dry mouths as well...

cannabis causes mild to moderate drymouth, but only for a short period of time and I don't know many cannabis smokers that go on multiple day(or weeks) binges smoking non-stop.

G

I dont understand..Is this some kind of cruel joke.Do I exist?I thought I died today..

NOKUY

Veteran
he's prolly in covenent or whatever they call it....the step b4 you get banned...you can see your post but no one else can

trouble

Veteran
NOKUY said:
he's prolly in covenent or whatever they call it....the step b4 you get banned...you can see your post but no one else can

NOKUY, I can see the americans post:

[QUOTE/ The American] is this some crule joke? Do I exist? I thought I died today.
What in the hell are you guy's talking about?

G

I thought covenant meant an encompassing of all,on good and bad days,when we say good and bad things and forgive each other.Nobody has had less sleep this year than this kid.

trouble

Veteran
Space Ghost said:
what we're talking about is that we can't see his post

Thats strange! Why can I read them? It wont let me quote him for some reason, however, I can assure you thats what he said!

G

I seem to be in a lost land, a dark feeling tells me I overreacted on a bad morning.

S

Space Ghost

trouble, i think the american posted again in this thread, can you read it? what's going on?

Latest posts

Latest posts