What's new

Can someone who has been through the system please help?

Kayos_

Ok. About 2 months ago I got charged with drinking in an unlicensed premisis (I'm under 21) and possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. I plead not guilty to them both. What is the smartest move from here? My trial is in about a month. What do you think is likely to happen if found guilty? Please help me out. All storys and tips welcome.

depends on what state/county/city youre in. check with a local lawyer (most offer free initial consultations, so take advantage of that).

G

hire a lawyer instead of asking a bunch of potheads and ask him is the best advice i can give...peace

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
if you cant aford a lawyer make them take it to tril, they will do about anything to avoid it.
tell the DA not to take plea bargins.

if u got pulled over drunk with weed in the car i hate to say it, your about screwed. even if guilty a jury could get u off if the circumstances are proper...

'jurys cannot be punished for there verdicts.'

Last edited:

TwoOhSix!

Best course of action is to contact the public defense office and see if you qualify for a Public Defender (you will unless your family is well off). Don't listen to these guys, don't waste money on a real lawyer if you can get a free one. They're usually just as good.

mangled

TwoOhSix! said:
Best course of action is to contact the public defense office and see if you qualify for a Public Defender (you will unless your family is well off). Don't listen to these guys, don't waste money on a real lawyer if you can get a free one. They're usually just as good.

what he said. waste of money hiring a expensive lawyer for such a small trivial case, nothing a lawyer could do that a public defender couldnt

only get a lawyer if your in serious trouble(which you are not)

oh and i would not plan on winning not guilty..should just plead guilty and get a plea bargin

It depends on your state but you have very small charges. I agree with the guys above don’t waste money on a ****ing lawyer because you wont win. Just get a public defender. Your charges are so minor you should of just pleaded guilty, took drug classes, got the shit wiped off, and been done with it. You won’t win this. In my state they don't even drug test first offenders with such a small amount.

Not all lawyers are slime-balls need I remind you.

You're right sir.... just 99.99% of them are.

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
tooooo many variables.

if your in wyoming your locked up for 3 months mand. minimum. for anything

if your in colorado they will laugh at the weed charge

if your in alaska your home free cops dont care about weed in CO or AK

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I am guessing it is your first offence otherwise, you would know what is going to happen. I would guess you will get a slap on the wrist, but you should really be talking with a lawyer or google similar things, you may see a precedent of verdicts

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
okwildfire said:
lol why did you plead not guilty with weed on you that they found??

because only an idiot would do otherwise.... no offense... but I've beaten more cases with no attorney due to county attny **** ups..... most of the time they are so overwhelmed with low profile cases, and all their resources are tied up in high profile cases, they usually are annoyed with trials on such petty matters,, they'll come to you with a deal.....but if you do go to trial and get found guilty they'll be pissed for waisting their time.... good luck.....

NOKUY

Veteran
it wasnt me...lol

if you own up to it they wont play games...lol...why lie to 'em if theyfound it.

BFD

"yeah thats my weed" lol...then your prolly home free w/ a fine and w/ out games ...unless your busted in wyoming,

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
I've seen 3 people walk from a murder case because it was ruled an 'illegal search and seizure' the cops kicked in a door, found bloody clothes, guns (unrelated to the crime) and other items tying them to the incident.... they gave no statement, rode it out, put in a motion to suppress, and they all walked.... should they have? no....but they did.... y?? because they kept their mouths shut...

D0nC0smic

you'll get a fine, maybe some anti drug classes, and maybe a year of having to take piss tests, but thats worst case scenario

D0nC0smic

and lawyers do help even when you are going to plead guilty, they can often cut you a much better deal than the district attorney would when dealing with just you. i had a DUI that was plead down to reckless driving this way. It still sucked like hell and i will never again take my car to a place a even think i might be drinking, but i got off fairly lightly and my life will be back to normal soon.

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
:yeahthats

nothing too serious will come of it.... best bet is to avoid any probation.... just pay a fine.. maybe short week long jail time... but stay away from probation..... they'll just hook ya there.... keep ya in the system......

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you really wish to spend $$, get a good attorney and you might be able to get it talked down to disorderly conduct...

okwildfire

NOKUY said:
it wasnt me...lol

if you own up to it they wont play games...lol...why lie to 'em if theyfound it.

BFD

"yeah thats my weed" lol...then your prolly home free w/ a fine and w/ out games ...unless your busted in wyoming,
thats what im saying..now your wasting there time..and a jurys time...ya coulda just paid a fine..but now... :spank:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts