What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Girl and I found out we're pregnant...

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
...with TWINS!

And supposedly this is going to be happening really soon.

Two non-identical boys :), this is our first pregnancy!

Just thought i'd share our good news with all my friends here :joint:

ArcticBlast

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
My Girl and I found out we're pregnant...
Wow thats awesome, BOTH of you pregnant !!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the dual pregnancy (the twins that is), two sons - mate you must be very, very proud. I'll have a drink for you today :smile:

Congratulations again and best of luck to you and your better half

D0nC0smic

so i always ask this of prospective fathers when i talk to them, and as i ponder what i would be like at that point in my life " what are your thoughts on sympathy sobriety" ?

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I always wanted to have children. Then I moved in with my brother and his 6 month old son.

Congratulations :)

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
genkisan and PhenoMenal, thanks so much for the replies :) And phenomenal, i dont know if you were joking or not, but i still thought it was funny. In America, the couple is pregnant, or the lady is pregnant, just in case that was lost in translation haha

As far as sympathy sobriety goes, D0nC0smic:

She wasnt like a hardcore smoker to begin with, she probably only did because i did or because of boredom. But the second she found out, she quit drinking, smoking cigs, and of course, toking. I dont smoke cigarettes around her, and i certainly don't light up anything else, either :nono:

I asked her if she'd like me to quit smoking/growing, and she said she didnt have a problem with it. Just not in front of the baaaaabies. Which, was a given, i dont want to smoke in front of my kids, or anyone else's for that matter.

You all should help me with some awesome names...our mothers have taken over these duties for us, and let's just say....we'd like some outside input :joint:

The doctors say that she could go into labor anytime between December 20th - January 4th (twins apparently have lower birth weights and are born earlier than "singletons"), so i'll sneak a pic or two up for everyone to see my prides and joys :wave:

Take care everyone!
ArcticBlast

Junior.jpg

Big Brother

Conrats on fatherhood.

Conrats on fatherhood.

Enjoyi them while they are around and you are young soon they grow up and leave the nest, now you have someone you can pass the trade of growing to, " Overgrown lives on in our chidren and in thiers.
:jump:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
......well....good luck to you both......I hope that both babies arrive safe, healthy and fine.......

....was a time when I had a wife that became pregnant with twins.....back in 87' it was......and I was elated as you are now too.......

....they arrived in the late spring of 88'......6 weeks premature and were 2 boys ......but (not to dampen your spirits).....one of them didnt have all the bits we all need to survive.....he spent 3 days in an incubator before he passed away from his brief spell on this earth....Sebastian was his name.......surely was a difficult time.....

....on the plus side his brother Ewan lived on although he only weighed 4lbs at birth......and became stronger and stronger to grow into what is now a 19 year old fit and able son......

....how I dealt with it was to make an analogy.........if you win a football game 2-0.....or 1-0......you still win......

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Sorry to hear that Gypsy, although today it's 19 years later, and you've got an almost fullgrown son, and hopefully a friend for life, so you're still the winner, as you say.

One of my best friends got twins a couple of years back, two identical girls. I don't see him that often anymore, his hair's gone gray and the pouches under his eyes grew conciderably during these two years, lol, things you notice when you space out between meetings.
Just imagine, he was always the go-getter that hit on all the girls, at once. Could take on a whole soccer team of gals.
Now he sits crumpled up over his beer and check the watch. Got to be home before ten, lots of choirs to deal with at home. And so it goes, the story of life...

KharmaGirl said:
OMG..... What an ASSHOLISH thing to post!!
You have sunk to a whole new level, Depths

ArcTic. Congrats!!!! :D

Agree or disagree, I'm the only one who has given him proper advice in this thread.

KharmaGirl said:
You're an ass. And you seem proud of yourself, like you made a funny joke or something. Pathetic. Hopefully, one day you grow up.

Not a joke at all. Listen, you don't have to get upset just because you had to go on Maury seventeen times with 48 different black guys before you found the father of your child.

To the thread starter, take my advice. Trust.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Congrat's bro... There is nothing simultaneously so trying and so rewarding as parenthood...
Perhaps had depth's papa taken his advice this would be an all happy thread....

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Twins?! My heart goes out to ya:) Now you get twice the fun and it is it is. I myself feel kids will either make ya or break ya as demonstrated by some of the earlier posts. The sleepless nights,the wet shoulder the diapers the formula the the the its all worth it. For to have that little one look ya in the eye smile real big and giggle like they do will melt your heart.

And if it doesn't you join Ic Mag the month of August 07 and name yourself after the spew of the Shark Tank and come to a peaceful place and do your best to fubar good threads even tho those that count know your a little fool.

Congrats On Your News And Thanks For Sharing
Mr.Wags

G

every time depths says something i feel like cartman would actually say some dumb shit like that why dont u go suck on butters balls.........on another note AB i hope the best wishes for you your wife and the twins

Last edited: