What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spain breeding

NEED 4 SEED

Hey folks. I wanted some insight by some Spanish people or insiders in general about how Spain has become the alleged breeding facility for Cannabis in Europe.
When I collect the info about laws in Spain it boils down to growing weed or producing seeds for own consumption and if it is out of sight is legal, but growing for commercial production is still prohibited. So how is it it possible that breeders from Europe go to Spain and produce their seeds commercially there?

It is a bit of a contradiction, isn't it?

Carraxe

Veteran
They produce their seeds but they don't say the police where. Their offices are in different places than their grows. If the authorities knew, they would raid the grow, uproot everything and take the owners to declare in front of a judge, under the accusation of "felony against public health".

After proving they make just seeds, they could be absolved in a trial.

Too risky.

Many seedbank go to the same breeders or seed producers to get their stock of seeds...there are a few well recognized ones that produce seeds for more than a seedbank.
It is also at your own risk, you should behave as if the grow is for unlegal purposes, not letting anyone to know where is located, not just for the raids made by police or the guardia civil, but for thugs...
I can tell some seedbanks have a lot of subcontracted seed producers, the seedbank provides the cuts and gives instructions to the growers for the all process. Having many producers they reduce the danger of shortage of stock, and if one gets busted it doesn´t affect seriously the complete operation, though this comes at a cost for the growers who really produce the seeds, as some banks are not going to back up you in case you get busted.....

NEED 4 SEED

So that still looks pretty shady and risky. The other thing I don't get, the original breeders are giving their unique parents to some guys who do the same work for other companies too. If I were a breeder I wouldn't trust anyone of these seed growers / double / triple agents. Isn't it that route were the spanish seedbanks got "their" genetics initially?

Carraxe

Veteran
Most of Spanish seedbanks don't do any breeding. They just STS some keeper clone from Sensi from the 90's, or some newer American clone, cross with any other one, and keep making feminised crosses like that. These are the "seedbanks" that outsource for sure their seed production.

Fuel

Let's speak true about it : it's not about the laws but the tolerance and grey areas. Also about your network on site. The fantasies of the customers about this ground is just insane sometimes, but also helped by fancy marketing of some companies. 1/1 score i will say.

If you itch the bad person you can go in jail for near nothing. If you have powerfull supports, you can drive a grow-op like a fucking carrot farm.

Now, most of busted "shadow workers" are plain idiots generally. Arrogant, driving luxury cars without paying their share in taxes, selling everything at a time, not "included" in the society and living like hermits ... Spain is the kingdom of blackmarket and parralel economy since ages. If you fail at it, you really desserve it.

No yes, it exist technical difficulties. By example, growshops have to present bills of your seeds to pay their taxes. But that's not the subject there.

The golden rules, from my consideration and experience, that i dare to share :

- respect the system (the white one, the grey one and the black one)
- live like spanish people which is a very "social beast" society : they live outside.
- don't be arrogant and be aware/discover than they are the last people in europe to defend daily their freedom by their acts, on a daily basis. This insane parralel economy of this country is not the ones of nordic countries : it have a real social utility and it really do what the politics are unable to do.
- share your success

then laws will have a relative impact on you.

ahortator

Veteran
Here you have the answer.

It is very easy to understand! In Spain Cananbis seeds are completely legal!

As they have no THC. No matter if the seeds are birdseed hemp or powerful Thai. You can carry by the street a 50 Kg bag (of clean seeds with no vegetable material) and go to a police station talk with the policemen there, tell them jokes and later you go to your home with your 50 Kg Thai seeds! They would be alarmed if you carry a bomb or any weapon in the bag, but not for the seeds!

Of course as they hold the pan by the handle they can annoy you. So I don't recomend you go to a police station with a big bag of seeds :D

You will not go to jail for smoking or carrying a small amount of weed or hash in the street but you will get a wonderful fine from the Spanish Administration from 600€ onwards! Depending if the authority agent has spent the previous night in the sofa or any other unknown circunstances!

On the other side growing plants (there is no number or size) is a legal offense and you can go to court and even to jail! Prepare yourself to pay a lot of money to the fantastic and awesome Spanish Judicial System!

Not long ago they weighed the soil and even the clay pots so you were amazed in the news by plants producing 20Kg of the dangerous substance!!! If they find an indoor closset it will appear in the newspapers as a drug lab!

Most Spanish breeders are only scammer entrepreneurs. They take a few famous clones, buying them or even from some forums. Among those clones Critical Bilbo is essential, Amnesia Cordobesa, Widow Poligonera,... any fancy name which rarely must something to do with the real origin of the clone. Also any female from a pack of Jack Herer... They take cuttings. They spray them with Siver Thiosulphate, et voilà! Around 10€ per seed or even more! Those seeds usually are sold more expensive than the original strain!

Some of those "breeders" give clones to other people or friends who make the seeds at home in their closets. Others hire a flat or chalet for that purpose.

Other times they buy bulk seeds and introduce them in a fancy package with an atractive name and overrated hype. I bet they spend more in their webpages, hype and marketing than in properly breeding and making the seeds.

That's all folks!
View Image

Spain is a very backwards place.
Not really, you would be surprised with the real scene...but there has to be understood the geographical situation to start to see the overall picture. In one hand we had a dictatorship, who had a debt with the legion and the regular troops at north africa, regular users of hashish and kiff, but also opioids, as a blink to them Franco didn´t criminalize the use of drugs. In the other hand my country is the gate of Europe for both hashish and cocaine, this became and a very specialized police, also is a very tipical destination for thugs from all over the world, making links between cannabis producers, hashish and coke couriers, and mafias...Some big ops where busted, and they were Albanian, Italian, French or Dutch operations....

Here you have the answer.
All those are black ops, nne of them is going to get a licence to grow, there are some, i think there are 6 licenced companies allowed to grow weed, not just industrial cannabis, and the only one from abroad has it because they bought it from an spanish company that sold it, even though now are raising claims to make the licencing a cristaline procedure, as nowadays is very dark, and there is no info regarding it...there are movements , but tiny and slow ones....lets see if with this gobernment we get closer to a legal industry...

ahortator

Veteran
Hello Norby. In fact it is currently legal in Spain. But only one entrepreneur involved in poppy growing got the only one license across the whole country. It is very strange but he is a close friend of the former king. Later he sold his business as most Spanish entrepreneurs use to do.

https://alcaliber.com/productos/

Hello Norby. In fact it is currently legal in Spain. But only one entrepreneur involved in poppy growing got the only one license across the whole country. It is very strange but he is a close friend of the former king. Later he sold his business as most Spanish entrepreneurs use to do.

https://alcaliber.com/productos/
that´s the one that has been sold to a private investors fund located in Uk, managed by an US citizen, but there are another 5 licences that the "agencia española de medicamentos yproducetos sanitarios" did aprove, two are in big spanish pharma companies, another one is related with another PP sphere´s entrepeneur..This is the reason, after 44 licence claims were refused, the government has decided to ask which criteria the agencia did follow to oprove those 6 licences....i am very interested into this, as i would like to make cbd and thc crops for medicinal providers, so my mom can benefit directly for what i can grow and research....i am thinking on doing this just at the other side of the border with Portugal where, even though i will have to tax a lot, at least i can be relaxed on the raids side, loosing all the work done by a bad misshandling of my plants.