What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green dragon (tincture) vs. QWISO

Why when making green dragon should the mixture soak for days, weeks, hours etc. vs. a quick wash technique used in QWISO? Particularly if the green dragon is being made with a strong say 151 or higher alcohol solvent?
I'm sure someone has a good answer.
:dueling::dueling:

lordbudly

Veteran
you want the most everything out of your bud with greendragon because your drinking it, but with iso i believe its because you want the most pure product to smoke

boroboro

I think you can speed up the Green Dragon process with heat. I put the jar of booze and buds in a big pot of water, well sealed, and heat it up until the alcohol just starts to boil. The alcohol will boil before the water, so don't heat it up all the way until the pot of water boils.

I leave it simmering like this for an hour or so, then strain and enjoy. works for me, anyway.

Thanks for the replies. Still doesn't make sense that QWISO can be done with 70% ISO during which the majority of the active ingredient is dissolved, while green dragon requires a much longer soak with 70% alcohol to extract the active ingredient.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
when you do a quick wash with iso, if you look at the bud closely theres still trich's on it, not to mention all the thc in the plant matter.. like someone else said you're trying to get the cleanest product.. you can soak the bud in iso for days and your end product is gonna be a black gooey-liquid messs.

tincture you're not evaporating the alcohol so who cares if theres chlorophyll in that shit, its gonna whoop your ass!!

Catharsis

Use the water bath method and it takes less than an hour. Don't seal the jar and use a candy thermometer to make sure the water doesn't exceed ~173 degrees F. The point is to let the alcohol boil off a bit, sealing the jar sounds like it could be dangerous.

noncombustion

Yeah I am thinking about a cars radiator cap being removed while hot, green dragon shower.... or better yet FIREBALL if using gas. I agree no lid!!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I dissolve QWISO into everclear (with a splash of schnapps) to make tincture, much tastier, more potent, and much purer than any tincture you've ever had. Why do a long soak when you don't want chlorophyll in your green dragon either? Make QWISO out of it first, then use it for whatever you want. I also use QWISO hash in my baked goods.

Remember, garbage in, garbage out. Start with a pure extract and then you can make ANYTHING potent with it.

vicpro

I think you can speed up the Green Dragon process with heat. I put the jar of booze and buds in a big pot of water, well sealed, and heat it up until the alcohol just starts to boil. The alcohol will boil before the water, so don't heat it up all the way until the pot of water boils.

I leave it simmering like this for an hour or so, then strain and enjoy. works for me, anyway.
Do this if you want an exploding jar and glass shards all over your face, this is a pretty bad idea and you should never boil anything that is sealed because pressure builds up when you heat the content and you don't want your jar to break. I'd edit your post and remove this asap unless you don't give a damn about peoples safety.

Piel

Veteran
I´ve had some GD sitting for awhile and I usually use about 15 eydroppers to get high -not shitfaced just high.

I usually siphon of the top.

Tonight I sucked some off the bottom. 12 eyedroppers.

Itś very hard to write.

Is the stuff at the bottom stronger?

Latest posts

Latest posts