What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'I wonder why there's NO snow on your roof?': Police find £80,000 cannabis farm

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
'I wonder why there's NO snow on your roof?': Police find £80,000 cannabis farm with around 322 plants... after spotting home with mysteriously ice-free tiles

Police smelt cannabis outside the property and saw no snow on the roof

They found cannabis being grown in all 4 bedrooms and the cellar of the house

PC James Butterfield posed for pictures with the huge drug haul yesterday

So far no arrests have been made and police investigation are now underway

A huge cannabis haul worth an estimated £80,000 has been seized by West Yorkshire Police after they spotted a house with suspiciously no snow on the roof.

Officers stormed the property on a street near to Arctic Street in Keighley yesterday after catching a strong smell of cannabis outside. Police then noticed a lack of snow on the roof, which suggested a strong heat presence inside the property.

Upon entering the house, police found around 322 plants in all four bedrooms of the property and in the cellar. The heat from the lamps which helped to grow the plants was melting the ice and snow off the roof.

PC James Butterfield tweeted a picture of himself holding what appears to be a cannabis plant

PC James Butterfield tweeted that his 'size 10 boots came in handy' when booting down the door.

He added: 'Removing this filth from the streets is always great.

'Knowing that the morons responsible for it are £80k out of pocket is a Bruceybonus! #didntwedowell.'

PC Caroline Foster tweeted pictures from their successful drugs haul.

She added: 'Whilst the snow has kept the burglars at bay it has also helped us in finding some rather large plants.

Police say that around 322 plants were seized at the home

Vicky Watson, who lives next door to the property, said she knew something was amiss when her bathroom was constantly hot

'Hmmm, I wonder why there is no snow on your roof? 280+ plants seized from an address in Keighley today, some nearly 6ft tall.'

Vicky Watson, 44, who lives next door to the cannabis farm, said: 'Two Eastern European blokes, in their 30s, moved in about 18 months ago.

'In the cold weather my house is normally freezing because the insulation is rubbish, but since they moved in next door my bathroom has been absolutely red hot. The wall was warm to touch.

'It was suspicious, you could hear fans whirring but no normal sounds of people living there.

'They were two blokes with no kids. We thought they were gay.'

Another neighbour added: 'Over the last few days the smell has got pretty strong and after the snow kept thawing on their roof, you just knew they were growing cannabis.

'Well done for the police turning out on such a freezing cold day to take those drugs off the streets.

'Now those cannabis farmers have lost their crop I dread to think how they are going to afford their leccy bill.'

Police say no-one was in the property at the time of their entry. Work is now underway to confiscate the plants, which will be officially examined and valued.

No arrests have been made.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-000-cannabis-farm-seeing-snow-free-roof.html

N

noyd666

ha mr plod= boofhead.
picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They might have been growing skunk weed! Think of the minds saved.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Maybe off topic, but I have neighbors who have a six car garage. Every roof in the neighborhood is frosted, or snowed on and theirs is bare even at 15 deg f. I dont know if it just takes one to know one but when it snowed here the other nightI lmfao when i was getting coffee at sun up. Only snow was on the 18" eve over hang. Its legal here now so its comical to me though it has been going on for years.

At least i know where to go to get my blue dream cut again. Lol.