What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana could be legal in New Jersey as soon as April

hockeyblue22

South ave was the "bad" side of the tracks (downwind), so it was preferred by frugal immigrants in that golden age of small business. there were great (survivor) Italian deli's all along south ave, from Elizabeth till past Plainfield into the 70's before fast food poisoned America.
Couldn't ever imagine a dispensary being allowed in Westfield...

Damn! You guys certainly are Jersey! I'm on the South Side, nice section near Clark... near that damned Con Rail unfortunately. Our taxes keep going up despite all the McMansions going up around us, making our house look like a damned trailer... and those residents with those huge houses are currently paying LESS taxes... which is why the town/government is going to "assess" each household by visiting, entering, taking pictures, and then possibly "lowering" taxes if they see fit... BS to me, I basically have to toss a lot of IT equipment into one room and lock it down or toss it in the addict, because if they see the monitors and displays they'll automatically think we are "rich", but no we are blue collar working class south-siders.

Westfield would never open a dispensary EVER... in fact, Westfield BANNED Victoria's Secret from putting the manicans in the windows as they were too "sexual" or something years ago, now there is no more Victoria's Secret store in Westfield hehe.

Union, Hillside, Roselle/Roselle Park, Linden, Rahway would be our best bets.. and good old Plainfield, possibly Scotch Plains.. but Scotch Plains gets a lot of crap for that vape/smoke shop on route 22 already. Garwood is as corrupt as can be and now wants to "merge" with Westfield, which makes no sense... it will not go through, the one side of Garwood (with the Police Station near the park) is beautiful, the other side with the McDonalds is a cesspool. There are more sex offenders, criminals, and red dots on a map indicating those things in that tiny area than Westfield, Cranford, and Scotch Plains combined! We do not want Garwood a part of our town, they send their kids to Clark High School (Johnson), because they only offer K-8. Their kids are on another level (lower sorry), they would not fit into the Westfield School system, I should know.. I barely passed WHS myself lol... and went to UCC in Cranford and got a 3.3 GPA... WHS is a great high school, UCC was like a joke seeing kids from surrounding town's schools as we all met one another, great people though.

Hate sounding pompous, I'm not a typical richie Westfielder, I've caught crap my whole life going for job interviews, in the work place, because I was "raised privileged"... maybe compared to some, but it isn't fun when your 1st car is a 1992 Chevy Blazer and the girl sitting next to you has a brand new 2003 BMW X5.. kinda makes you feel like crap lol. My family has been here forever, I work my butt off to survive, and I actually worked at Buona Pizza for several years as a delivery driver.. I go back and help on occasion, but nobody tips anymore due to pie price inflation, those damned tomatoes are getting expensive! It's really sad when you deliver a pizza to a house 2x your size, ask the price $17 for the pie, and they give you a $20 and ask for $1 back... just spiteful, back a decade ago, the same pie was $13'sh... you got the $20 and people let you keep the change... talk about the ultimate stoner job rofl.. I loved it, but moved on, not even worth the time lending a hand to anyone nowadays as everyone is ungrateful.