What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing in FL

dddaver

Veteran
I am encouraged by the recent court ruling in Tallahassee allowing a medical patient to home-grow. So much so I am considering putting a few Haze seedlings outside to grow.

I am sure this humid, hot, FL weather with sandy soil would be ideal for cannabis to flourish.

On the other hand I stand to lose my federal SS disability payments if convicted of a felony (cultivation). So I guess it's best for me personally to continue rocking my mini-cab indoors.

I sure do look forward to the day we can put some Sativas outside to soak up this Florida sun and enjoy this long growing season.

I am almost willing to risk the possible consequences but ultimately the risks still outweigh any reward for me. But I do hope there are some brave others who are willing to grow outside and prepared to go to court and use this latest ruling as precedence.

I do think that is the way to go and now have the judiciary backing as well as the landslide will of the people. I personally am getting too old to play their reindeer games nor care much about whatever the conservative powers that be do. And will continue rocking my mini-cab.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Did fla finally figure out home growing? Last I heard they (fla) designated only 3 provisioning centers to get your meds from and personal grows were illegal.

If the laws changed and home grows are now legal, I'm picking up and moving back home asap!

I'll deal with the heat and hurricanes. Better than the fn snow and shut drivers here in Michigan.

dddaver

Veteran
Did fla finally figure out home growing? Last I heard they (fla) designated only 3 provisioning centers to get your meds from and personal grows were illegal.

If the laws changed and home grows are now legal, I'm picking up and moving back home asap!

I'll deal with the heat and hurricanes. Better than the fn snow and shut drivers here in Michigan.

No. Not yet. That's the whole point.

dddaver

Veteran
I just read about the case. It involved a 74 year old Tampa man with stage 4 lung cancer whose doctors had prescribed medical marijuana. He uses the whole plant in juicing.

Judge gives green light for Tampa strip club owner to grow marijuana

Dispensaries are currently only allowed to sell oil. The dispensaries are few and far between, tightly regulated, and hugely expensive.

This same judge is also presiding over the suit brought by John Morgan contending the current state of affairs with MMJ is unconstitutional.

The judge wrote a 22 page finding and states the Department of Health is violating the state constitution in placing all their regulations on MMJ making the Amendment 2 passed by over 72 percent in the 2016 election to be useless and moot.

She (the judge) in her written opinion, knowing appeals would be immediate and inevitable, also warned against "judge shopping" by those appealing. She also points out the Department of Health has failed to meet those standards laid out in the Amendment which clearly states unless a plan is devised their regulation becomes void.

The regulations the Department did lay out have been stiff and physically impossible. Like mandating there only be 5 production facilities statewide and that no production companies can also operate dispensaries.

I do see some hope in this finally coming to a head. The Department of Health has clearly been acting in an unconstitutional, law breaking manner.

Like usual, you can follow the money to see why. Big pharma owns Governor Scott and owns the state.

But if the judge ruling holds, maybe the tide has turned. And the sick people and the majority in Florida will finally get the justice they voted for.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'd like the grow part to happen but too old to 'really' trust them with my name and address... guns will, one day, be an issue raised between the two : if this, not that... if that, then not this.. throw in the VA component and I stay inside.:pirate:.. for me.. until I might not be able to schlep around media, water and the like..