What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastern Coyote Pups

Green Squall

These adorable little fuckers have been romping around my yard the last couple days. Sorry about the quality. Pics were taken at a distance with cell phone camera.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Green Squall

There's only 3 pups. I saw them at dawn a couple days ago with their mother and today was the first time I've seen them on their own. Den must be nearby since I can hear them screeching when she brings food back.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
My back woods is full of them. Just beautiful. They sure make a lot of noise when they all start howling. I mean a LOT of noise. LOL

troutman

Seed Whore
Tie a dog toy onto the end of a fishing line and take a cast.

I know dogs and cats like playing the fishing game. :biggrin:

The den is probably on the side of a hump or small hill.

I know one guy here living on the outskirts of town that fed them dog food all Winter long.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Tie a dog toy onto the end of a fishing line and take a cast.

I know dogs and cats like playing the fishing game. :biggrin:

The den is probably on the side of a hump or small hill.

I know one guy here living on the outskirts of town that fed them dog food all Winter long.
Pups are always cute :) Just remember they are predators. Read up on the life cycle of coyotes, especially the birth rate of females. Feeding them in winter although it seems humane, goes against mother nature and balance. That is why many states and provinces have since quit putting bounties on their heads!

Green Squall

My back woods is full of them. Just beautiful. They sure make a lot of noise when they all start howling. I mean a LOT of noise. LOL

Loud as hell! I'm so used to it at this point.

Trout - Exactly what I was thinking about the den. There used to be a fox den in this area too years back. I've heard its unethical to feed coyotes, especially if they know its coming from a human.

troutman

Seed Whore
You are right though that most wild animals are best left alone when it comes to food.

Those coyotes will scare away all the deer and rabbits that could eat your plants. :woohoo:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Loud as hell! I'm so used to it at this point.

Trout - Exactly what I was thinking about the den. There used to be a fox den in this area too years back. I've heard its unethical to feed coyotes, especially if they know its coming from a human.

You are right though that most wild animals are best left alone when it comes to food.

Those coyotes will scare away all the deer and rabbits that could eat your plants. :woohoo:
The problem is the mama coyote. She can bare anywhere from 2 -10 pups depending on the availability of food! Hence why the bounty on them in many places has been revoked. Kill the coyotes = a greater food supply (normally small game). A scarcer food supply = less pups. Mother nature knows how to look after itself.

The other thing that have taken on in the last couple of decades is they started to hunt in packs. The coyote was a solo hunter. They are resilient! Small game = scarce let's gang up and catch a big boy.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
saw some pups out in the woods while turkey hunting a few years back. land owner asked why i did not shoot them. i told her "they looked like they could have been your german shepherds pups..." damn things were cute as hell... i DO kill adults when i can. they play hell on whitetail fawns & turkey poults.

I have a couple acres that border a main river and these suckers run all over my place. I have a small herd of deer that I kind of look after since I moved in. So I take every opportunity to take a yote any chance I get. I completely understand how nature works so I try not to impose too often but they are becoming a problem in my neck of the woods

Green Squall

Pups are finally venturing out on their own and hunting. Didn't get a picture, but saw one yesterday, headed back towards its territory carrying a small animal.

Dnny

Very cool pup pics. I watched two red Fox pups earlier this week hanging out in a ditch/ side of a road Within view of the N eastern shore of Lake Ontario. Didn’t see evidence of ma being hit. One was shy the other let me take some cell phone pics. Nice thread GS.

Green Squall

Hopefully not hit. Probably just at the age where they're finally exploring. Red Fox offspring are called Kits and they are also cute little fuckers.

Latest posts

Latest posts