What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about ACE Mix Standard!

Hello ICMag!
I have been drooling over ACE strains for quite some time and I really would love to grow them all. So instead of making the hard choice between 2 or 3 strains I've been considering the ACE mix or Tropical mix.

My question is, when you buy these mixes is it just a mix of all the other strains that are available (Malawi, Honduras, ErdPurt, etc.)? Or are they just a random mix of F1 mixes and hodgepodge seeds?

Like if I buy the ACE mix do I run the chance of getting a straight Malawi, Kali China, panama, whatever like you would find in a pack of those seeds? Or are these just random seeds from random crosses of random genetics you have on hand?

So theoretically I could buy a large quantity of ACE mix and still find some really nice pheno types of some of your best strains?

Thanks in advance!

What are your thoughts on the OE?
Maybe @dubi can help answer my question.
Also I'm wondering from the description, the Purple Hazes you work with, are they from the OldTimersHaze? Like could one theoretically pop a lot of OTH and find a purple haze pheno?
Thanks guys!

Kaskadian

Veteran
What are your thoughts on the OE?
Maybe @dubi can help answer my question.
Also I'm wondering from the description, the Purple Hazes you work with, are they from the OldTimersHaze? Like could one theoretically pop a lot of OTH and find a purple haze pheno?
Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forums!

Purple Haze, Green Haze, etc are phenos of Oldtimer's Haze. If you grew out Oldtimer's Haze you definitely have the possibility of finding these phenos. I believe Green Haze shows up more often than the Purple but they both exist in the OTH line.

Thank you for the response!!! Great info! Any idea about the ACE mix? Is it just an assortment of their strains? And I assume the only difference between the regular ACE mix and the tropical mix is that I'm guaranteed sativas in the tropical mix where as I could get some indicas in the regular ACE mix?

Kaskadian

Veteran
Thank you for the response!!! Great info! Any idea about the ACE mix? Is it just an assortment of their strains? And I assume the only difference between the regular ACE mix and the tropical mix is that I'm guaranteed sativas in the tropical mix where as I could get some indicas in the regular ACE mix?

I think you'd have to get that info from Dubi brother. As far as I know you've got the right idea. I think the "Ace Mix" is mostly made up of faster flowering strains whereas the "Tropical Mix" is loaded mostly with long flowering sativas.

:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome HomeGrownSativa,

The content of the Mixes vary with the time, you won't find all our strains in a Mix, we put just a few types inside and when the stock is over we put another new batch of seeds from different strains.

ACE mix contains faster flowering genetics for indoor and outdoor growing, while Tropical Mix contains longer flowering sativas for outdoor growing in hot or tropical places.

ACE Mix standard currently contains hybrids of ErdPurt, Orient Express, Bangi Haze and Lebanese.

Tropical Mix standard currently contains Honduras, Ethiopian, Oldtimer's Haze and Zamaldelica.

Please, take note all the seeds inside our Mixes are mixed and not labeled separately.

In Oldtimer's Haze relelase you can find Green Hazes, Purple Hazes and phenos inbetween.

If you are looking for a specific strain and you really want to pick your strains carefully then we would recommend you to buy the specific strain based on strain descriptions and your own taste, but not the Mixes.

Hope it helps with your doubts. dubi

Thank you very much Dubi for the response! Not trying to sound like an impatient infant, just very excited to get some of your stuff in my garden.
I like the idea of rolling the dice with the mixes but I'll also be purchasing specific strains so I get some guarantees genetics.

I grow indoors right now but have quite a bit of space and in the next coming months I'll probably have 100 more sq feet available so I'll have space to play with your strains.

I'm definitely eyeballing your Panama. I'm curious, Dubi or someone else with experience, what are the major differences between Bangi Haze and the OldTimers Haze?

Also, Malawi seems to have a pretty huge reputation. It's catching my eye, what would the major differences between Malawi and Panama be?

I'm sorry for asking newbie questions, I know there are vast differences between African and Central American Sativas, I just don't have any personal experience. I'm a huge sativa lover so I'm definitely excited to start wrestling some of these beauties.

Thanks for all the help!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bump. Started my own thread recently looking for this information. I would love to know what's in the ACE mix standard and the Tropical mix standard right now. I will be ordering directly from ACE. I love your work dubi, absolutely amazing. By selling these seeds and providing your beautiful breeding work to this whole community you are saving the cannabis world from being drowned in these mainstream production polyhibrid indicas.

Thanks for your hard work Dubi. I want to know what's in the packs before I order so I don't double up on something. If I have a high chance of getting a Panama through the tropical mix then I don't want to purchase pack of straight panama as well ya know what I mean. I want to spend my money wisely and get to experience some diversity as there's a lot of your strains I'd love to check out.

Hi HomeGrownSativa,

Thanks for your kind words and for your interest in our work, honestly i'm just trying to make my small contribution to widen up today's marijuana genepool, especially regarding landraces and sativa breeding. But my work is tiny compared with the huge dimensions that cannabis growing is taking place, especially with the new legalization movements in many parts of the world.

Glad to hear you will have quite a nice space to grow and make your own selections.
Honestly, i think is wiser to first establish your growing goals and personal preferences, then invest in the most suitable genetics to achieve your goals (based on our strain descriptions and on the objective grow reports from other growers) rather than go blindly through the genetics included in the mixes.

Bangi Haze and Oldtimer's Haze are both sativas with electric effects, but despite both are sativas they are like night and day, Bangi Haze is a highly worked sativa dominant hybrid with short/moderate flowering time while Oldtimer's Haze is an old and wild extreme tropical pure sativa.

Malawi and Panama are probably our most well known sativas from our catalogue, yet very different to each other.

I would recommend you to pay attention first to the strain descriptions at our website (they are pretty accurate and detailed) and take your time also to read the different threads related to our strains here in this room.

Best wishes.

Hey thank Dubi,
I've looked at the ACE catalog for a few years honestly and other than having a permanent growing space now, the big thing that got me excited to dive into these genetics was the genuine relationship you have with the people on this forum. The fact that I can directly contact the breeder for question, help, strain ID, etc.. is really impressive and says a lot about you guys and your goal. It's apparent the impact you guys are having on the cannabis cultivation world.

To clarify, I'm not looking for anything specific. I'm very interested and curious in what each of these strains bring to the table. At this point I just want to interact with these strains and see what they have to offer and what tickles my fancy before I decide to jump into some breeding projects.

My long term goals are to develop a sativa and an indica for personal use that really accentuate the vibes and tones that I enjoy in cannabis. I'm a huge fan of euphoric energetic happy highs for day time use and it's always nice to have a knock out sleeping medicine to relax you after a long day. So I will be looking to develop traits that I find. But truthfully my main goal in the short term is to have a great time trying new things and playing with pure sativas as I'm a huge sativa lover.

Anyway, I appreciate what you do Dubi and your close relationship to the people that work with your work. Thanks for all the insight. I'll be sure to start a journal when I get my shipment and start working with your gear.

SolarLogos

I purchased the Tropical Mix last January. I ordered 10 standard seeds and got 12 (Thanks ACE!!!) I germinated 6 and all 6 came up fine. 3 were Vietnamese Black from their Orient Express line. The other 3 are either Honduras or Ethiopian; they're in week 6 of flower and probably have another 6 or 8 weeks to go, Dubi said he would further identify them as they mature more. Hope this helps.
Peace

I purchased the Tropical Mix last January. I ordered 10 standard seeds and got 12 (Thanks ACE!!!) I germinated 6 and all 6 came up fine. 3 were Vietnamese Black from their Orient Express line. The other 3 are either Honduras or Ethiopian; they're in week 6 of flower and probably have another 6 or 8 weeks to go, Dubi said he would further identify them as they mature more. Hope this helps.
Peace

Super helpful! This is exactly the input I was looking for, thank you!!! That's awesome, is this your first time growing ACE?

SolarLogos

Super helpful! This is exactly the input I was looking for, thank you!!! That's awesome, is this your first time growing ACE?
Glad I could help. My first grow of Ace was PCK and this is my second Ace grow. I have 4 golden tiger in week 2 of flower. So far, I'm very happy with them. I have some Malawi and OTH after these. Here are a couple of pictures of the tropical mix. 2 viet black and 2 in the last picture are either Honduras or Ethiopian. Let me know if there is anything more I can help you with. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts