What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk's First Outdoor Run: ACE's Honduras, Ethiopian and Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks guys!

I noticed yesterday a plethora of baby grasshoppers on the Ethiopian pots.

Gonna fight back:

- will spread some Diatomaceous earth on pot surfaces
- spray neem + potash on leaves

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: gents!

Completed the 50Gal/200L per day Auto-Top RO System Post with pictures.

picture.php

Lovely slightly rainy day today... the one and only in all Summer.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ethiopian stout repotted to 190L/50Gal, she's in early flowering mode, stretching and throwing hairs like mad, her overall color turned lime green, was shouting at me craving for food.

Just 110L of additional soil + bat guano mixed in the smartpot bottom and perimeter.

Ouf... good workout repotting these trees alone! :biggrin:. Rootball was super healthy.

Ethiopian Tall is a male, I'm 70% sure.

Honduras stout... not mature yet, hoping it's a female as her male brother showed his sex already.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Couldn't stand the grasshoppers anymore, so hired a "thug" :biggrin: to deal with 'em at least in the garden where the Zamaldelica and baby Panama Haze are:

picture.php

2 months old baby rooster (Andaluza/Utrerana Perdiz breed)..., apart from wasps and Corizus hyoscyami (those freaking bugs similar to ladybugs) which doesn't like to eat, he's a bug eating machine, even ants... with a special fixation for grasshoppers, guess for him should be like having a lobster ;)

I think next year (I plan to breed Andalusian and Chilean breed hens/roosters) I'll be routinely bringing the chickens to the gardens in summer.

Gonna spray neem/potash too... I noticed the honduras male has potassic soap residue on his remaining leaves, which bugs avoid, so the goal: try leaving all foliage with potassic soap and neem residues, so that larvae and ninfas don't like to chew on them and go elsewhere.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Sexing Update

Sexing Update

Ethiopian Tall is a male:

picture.php

Ethiopian Stout a Female short of 4m tall, (was already repotted):
picture.php

Honduras Stout (though it's 4m tall already) I have split feelings about a potential girl (please!), or a later flowering pheno which is not mature yet:

picture.php

Lebanese
Really tiny, delicate flowers, sugar leaves reminds me of Greek Basil:

Horizontal Cola
picture.php

Close Up
picture.php

Her aroma is getting deeper. Main overtone is mango, sometimes I smell like a faint rotten meat, but scent gets deeper, more ripe fruit like.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: gr8fulguitr! :woohoo:

Just pruned the Ethiopian male, leaving a handful lower branches. Boy, that was a woody stem! While I cut the Honduras relatively easy with my knife, had to sweat a good deal to do the same with the Ethiopian!

Big indoor tent will be empty by this weekend (chopping Panama and Malawi), thinking on sending there the Ethiopian and Honduras males to mature and collect some pollen.

How much does it take for male flowers to mature and release pollen? I want to hit a couple lower Lebanese branches, but in a controlled manner...

Sure also there are other grows around, and don't want to spoil nobody harvest...

@ repuk

it takes a very small amount of pollen to make quite a large amount of seeds
im sure if you watch your plants very carefully when your male flowers turn from balls to umbrellas you will catch them in time from pollinating too much

a gentle shake of one of these opened umbrellas into a small container will be all you have to do to collect pollen and even store it for later use in the freezer. In which it will stay good for up to 4 years

happy seedmaking friend hope you have a great day

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese Update

Lebanese Update

I've noticed a notable decay on her fan leaves today, more yellowish, is this expected as she enters the late flowering stage and it is just how she flowers, or should I feed?

She should be finishing by end of Sept, 4 weeks to go theoretically?

Top:
picture.php

Skirt:
picture.php

Bear in mind this was taken under midday really hard light, will try to get pics under shadow or not direct light. But this was apparent to me even under the twilight yesterday.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Honduras Stout is a Girl!

Honduras Stout is a Girl!

This is a high top:
picture.php

What a shy one! Will be repotting her this afternoon. :woohoo:

Honduras early preflowering stage, it start sprouting tons of new fan leaves sub-branching on previous axils":
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Panama Haze, booting

Panama Haze, booting

She's "booting", and well stablished:

7 Days Ago:
picture.php

Today:
picture.php

About 45cm/18", the tie is at its original place. Curled leaf finger on the right due to an spider that decided building a home there... welcomed!.

White speckles on lower leaves: diatomaceous earth remnants.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ethiopian Stout Early Flowering

Ethiopian Stout Early Flowering

General View:

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Yesss! She duplicated size in latest 24h.

Two rhyzotonic waterings in between, wet/dry cycles... watering around... I know her root system is well established, she's "booting" into a growth explosion.

I wonder should I stake her or leave a little on her own so that builds up some wind resistance? Or this is like tomatoes,vines, etc the less effort the plant dedicates to harden stalks to support fruits, the more it focuses into production? :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I can't help but run my hand in them. Once or twice. No shaking. More like a sexy caress like when you give your woman a rub when you walk by. Keep 'em happy dude. Lol

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Mid-Flower Lebanese shot

Mid-Flower Lebanese shot

Just came across it, forgot to upload:

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Honduras Repotted! Phew, didn't hit a good sized Scolopendromorpha that inhabited the pot by milimeters (while taking out the smart pot like a sock)!

Don't like their bite at all, experienced once as a kid (won't tell ya where :biggrin:) was enough.

But of course I respected it, it's an ally...

Bottom layer with bat guano mixed in, upper layers mixed with around 400 grams leonardite.

Top has been powdered a couple fistfuls diatomaceous earth. May be placebo but I'd say all of them greened up when I added it for the grashoppers!

Front Left: Lebanese; Right Ethiopian; Bottom Left: Honduras:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts