What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Not sure thats a good option, the LED's im using is a test of low budget DIY.

I would look into lights using Samsung LM561C chips, if I was based in the US.
They have proven they are worth the money, I have just not been able to find them any where near as cheap in EU as the US.

Also seen people do well with Phillips LED screwin bulps, as they use the LM561C chip and im told they can be found fairly cheap.

Happy growing!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Busy busy busy!

Have a room I need to clean out, removed pots and cleaning hydroton.

Changed the old HPS bulps, gonna give these Sylvania bulps a try.
Was planing on going back to Phillips Son-T, but got these recommended by two different growers.

Cleaned the table and reservior, lit up the new lights and drying out the room. Then I'll vacum clean it, spray it down with bleach.
Also removed the dehumidifyer, relocating it, as it's humming/vibrating when it's on. The sound go right thru the wall, into the hallway of my house.

Finaly I got my Ozone UV C bulp, this is going into my exhaust system some where. Should help kill any odour, getting past my carbon scrubbers!

Putin and I are ready for Take-Off!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Be careful with the UV.

But im gonna make my eyes great again!

92c065d4-da07-4e3c-a498-f6f76ac79e9b-getty-836314276.jpg

:biggrin:

As I mentioned, it will go inside my exhaust system. But thanks for the heads up!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Take-off!

New drippers - cheapest found on ebay!

Mixed untested clones gone in, mixed strains.

C5 mango in the back of the table, 4 rows from 4 different females.
Tom Hill Haze x C99 X C99 - 5 clones from a single female.
Broad Leaf Black - 3 or 4 clones from a single mom.
The rest is Cheese, as the misses didn't aprove of a harvest without.

Say Cheese

It will prolly soon turn ugly!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lovely job. interesting idea about the UV light in the exhaust. heard of mini ozone generators for inside ducts, but not this. lets us know how it goes.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
lovely job. interesting idea about the UV light in the exhaust. heard of mini ozone generators for inside ducts, but not this. lets us know how it goes.

I'll be sure to take notes, and post it here. I will have to test it out, not 100% sure if it will work in the ducting. If it will be enough time, for the ozone to work. Or if it's just vented out, along with oudour particles.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Subbed for this round.

Welcome onboard for this 3rd round starke! :tiphat:

Short update on the 6666 clones, it's day 11 and so far no roots.
Two clones have died, one just limped out and died a few days ago.
2nd one was getting moldy, and I removed it today before it spreads to the rest.

Removed the dome for a few hours, airing them out well and drying the canopy a little. Now I have raised the dome a bit more, to increase the airflow a bit more.

Maybe the 14.5 watt light in the whole clone area, is a little too little. When they are only getting 2x6 hours light a day, from the 4,8 Watts directly above the clones.

Day 2 Flower

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Hey P how are you keeping your ph steady in your res.i know you most likely talked about this already but your thread is lengthy.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hey P how are you keeping your ph steady in your res.i know you most likely talked about this already but your thread is lengthy.

Hi tleaf jr, im sure I have some where too, can't remember.

I use Tap water, and in my area there is alot of bicarbonate in our water. It makes it pH neutral, due to limestone in the ground or something. Either way it works as a pH buffer.

I then lower my pH with phospheric acid (H3Po4), the 3x H is gonna react with the Bicarbonate and lower the pH. H3Po4 is a triprot acid, that can release all 3 hydrogen atoms.
Leaving the Po4 floating around, but thats all right as the plant will eat that.

So I lower my water from 7.1 pH down to 5.7 pH, now my water is extra enriched with P. So for Veg I use a cheap nutrient I mix myself, from raw salts I buy at the garden center.
It's a 14-3-23 NPK + micro and 3% Mg.

Might look odd, but the extra P I added with the acid, will make up for the very low P content of the nutrients. The K is very high, so I need to change reserviors more often, to avoid a K build-up. But these nutrients are soo cheap it don't matter. For 50$ I can mix about 1200 Gal veg feed mix, that is about 100 resovior changes for 50$ :woohoo:

For the flower, I basicly do the same, I just use GHE basic 3 part nutrients.

Now the trick to keeping the pH steady or tricks, as there are many things playing in. Nutrients is a key factor!

When the plant eats, it will only uptain part of the nutrient.
Now I have not worked with this, for many years. So this is just an example, it might not be 100% correct but it's how it works.

When the roots pick up let's say some of the Po4, that we added erlyer. So the P is send with the "plant elevator" to the top floor, but the O's the plant don't need. They are deported, straight back to the water. Now they are super negative, trump administration just fuckd em over. They have a negative charge of -2, thats how negative they are.
Others release positive H ions, but they are never as happy as the O is negative, so the H can only have a positive charge of +1.

The negative charged Ion's released will raise the pH, positive charges ion's can lower it.
So the trick is to get a ballanced release between the two, and your pH will stay stabil and slowly drift up.

That is why I would never use a nutrient brand, that don't list what is in the bottle. As it's totaly useless, if I don't know what I am adding to my reservior.

The size of your reservior, is also key to how fast the pH drops or raises. But as a ruel of thumb, you want your pH to slowly raise and your Ec to be stabil or slowly drop along with the water line.

If your pH is dropping, the Ec is most likely to high and the plant is not feeding correct. Or the nutrients aint mixed in the right ratio ;)

I hope this made a little sence, it's been a long time since I have given much thourt to this. As I just messure and act, without thinking much about why anymore.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
6666 Clones

6666 Clones

Day 13 of the 6666 clone test, first roots have been spotted.

Removed the felt mat in the bottom of the cloner, and put them back into the clone cabinet.
It's onlt a few of them that had roots, but the rest can't be far behind.
They are all looking healthy, so I don't see no reason why the rest shouldn't root.

It's day 4 in the flower room, the pH was 5.77 and Ec 1.5

I topped the resovior with a bit of pH buffered water, raising the pH a little and lowering the Ec a bit as well.

pH 5.95
Ec 1.4

Palindrome

King of Schwag
looks great, when will you switch to 12/12?

Did that 4 days ago, the HPS room is made for flower. Vegged them for 8 days under my 230W LED light, a little longer then planed for the C5 Mango's. I read Nevils C5 tend to grow tall, so the plan was to run them pretty much 12/12 from clone.

But family needed help, so the garden had to wait.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Day 5 Flower

pH had dropped a little, to 5.84 and the Ec was stil at 1.4
Indicating that 1.4 indeed is a little too hot for them, so took them down a little more and filled the res to the top with pH adjusted tap water.

pH 5.81
Ec 1.3

BLB test pheno - got a few cuts from the same seedling.

Aerial survey notes

Na Zdorovie comrade