What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

APHIDS APHIDS and MORE APHIDS!!

So yes, been spraying and they are back AGAIn... this grow has been nothing but issues since day 1... I am erasing this grow, taking the loss and restarting from SCRATCH... Question is, can i reuse the coco?? What steps should i take to ensure no passing of aphids?? I am letting my grow room freeze out for the next week but also want to be sure they are dead and gone.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So yes, been spraying and they are back AGAIn... this grow has been nothing but issues since day 1... I am erasing this grow, taking the loss and restarting from SCRATCH... Question is, can i reuse the coco?? What steps should i take to ensure no passing of aphids?? I am letting my grow room freeze out for the next week but also want to be sure they are dead and gone.

Scrub/spray the area, buy higher quality coir. Re-using, recycling will reintroduce aphids. Those buggers like to procreate at an alarming speed.

Scrub/spray the area, buy higher quality coir. Re-using, recycling will reintroduce aphids. Those buggers like to procreate at an alarming speed.

Figured after leaving the coir in freezing temps for the weeks and hitting with h202 that it'd be well enough... as for quality of coir, had nothing to do with coir purchased, they got tracked in and yeah.

already went through a BUNCH of money on different mediums and went back to my original one from last grow (the brand which i had no issues in) so i was trying to not waste everything i alrready mixed but if i have to, than so be it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
already went through a BUNCH of money on different mediums and went back to my original one from last grow (the brand which i had no issues in) so i was trying to not waste everything i alrready mixed but if i have to, than so be it.

Next garden, hoping those critters froze and no worries for you. Good luck!!