What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1 Acre / 1000 plant grow

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I would definitely look into something bigger than what I recommended "bowl trimmer", UNLESS you guys are wanting to do it all by hand. If not, I recommend getting a tumble trimmer or something larger. I personally would not go with a dry trimmer. You will lose tons of trichs and resin that way.

The key to using any type of wet trimmer, a guy had told me this and it does work, is to moisten or spray water onto the fresh buds before placing them into the trimmer. This for some reason will stop the trichs from falling off and they will remain attached to the plant at least 80% better than not using the water.

I also would not risk losing that crop to bud rot man. If you get one or two plants in that garden infected, it is going to spread like wildfire and wipe it out within just a few days, I have been there bro.

Get you some Flint by Bayer and spray those girls down. Don't risk a crop that size.

Hoypare.

We used bowl trimmers MountainBudz,and we did quite a few plants more than 1000 but we had a team to trim,very labour intensive but it is what it is,if theres any other way to do it next year we are open to suggestions :tiphat:

MountainBudz

We used bowl trimmers MountainBudz,and we did quite a few plants more than 1000 but we had a team to trim,very labour intensive but it is what it is,if theres any other way to do it next year we are open to suggestions :tiphat:

I love the bowl trimmer I purchased Hoypare..

Thanks to you for motivating me to go forward with the decision. It saves me so much time and labor. At the rate your going on a commercial level I would definitely look into a commercial machine trimmer. Big cost, but will pay itself off with the first 2 or 3 lbs ran through it.

I did not go with the exact same bowl trimmer you did, however I did not go with a cheapo generic either. The bowl trimmers listed in the lower $100 price ranges had terrible reviews.. The one I got was a bit over $200 with tax and out of 40 or 50 reviews had right close to 5 out of 5 stars.

I love it. As a matter of fact, I am sitting here as I speak just turning it around and around, in waves of fast and slow, pulsing simultaneously... Just listening to its victorious roar! Lmao... Just kidding on that part. But I do love it..
:tiphat:

Easy7

Veteran
I would hang 'em and worry about trimming later.

I can see the future already. Outdoor sold untrimmed to middle men for oil and middle men that sub contract dry manicurists.

Lot of tobacco is auctioned with a cure, whole leaf bundles.

Reaper

I gave them all a rough trim with a machine. I'm now looking to buy a dry trim machine to further process the crop.

MountainBudz

Mr. Hoypare cannot go discredited either! That dude pulled a serious grow as well! They should team up together and do a big field... I have faith in them.

MountainBudz

I have a field mate,wait till next season ;) But Reapers field is very nice indeed :tiphat:

I cannot spread anymore rep to ya Hoypare, but yes the field I seen of yours is very very nice! I am going all out next year as well. I am going to start seeds and clones as early as January and going to have some monster beasts in the ground and i'm not even kidding. Lol.

I run high numbers already, but my problem this year and last year as well was starting and putting my plants out way too late.

I have been growing for 15 years going on 16, the 16th year I am making the one to remember for sure! Back in the day when I started the plants early spring or late winter and put them in the ground they were always huge and yielded about 2 lbs a piece with absolutely no watering whatsoever! The key was always amending the ground well, training, adding water polymers and diapers to the bottom of the holes for extended water absorption during the dry spells. I would always keep an eye on the weather and right before it rained I would top dress the soil with water soluble nutrients usually jacks classic grow and then bloom. I would then finish them off with grow more Hawaiian Bud and Bloom booster. Plants were in holes dug 4 foot wide and 3 feet deep amended with a mix of native soil, promix and compost.

The only disadvantage I have compared to you guys is that due to the Marijuana Eradication program here I cannot grow in fields, rows, patches, etc... I have to spread them out far away from each other, this is why I do not water my in ground crops, but however, fortunately watering has never been needed at all.

Both of you guys have amazing crops and the balls of steel to go with it!

:tiphat:

Wolfshadoe

Good to see a Old OG'er!!

Good to see a Old OG'er!!

Reap!!

Glad to see ya:dance013:...About time you came back online!! Names that has ALWAYS stayed the same!! lol...Mine ? well spelling a lil different:biggrin:...At a total loss for words on that pretty site!!!..Lol yea,,they got all kinds of fancy stuff nowadays ..You always were quite the REAPER!..Good to see ya landed a decent crop!!
Peace!! <ws>

Reaper

GS, there's some Dynamed in there.

What have you guys found to be the most efficient way to remove the buds from the stems once dry?