What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First indoor vert scrog. Tell me what I'm screwing up please

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Run two lights during stretch. Keep the top bulb just above the top of your highest plant during stretch. About half the bulb below the top and half the bulb above the top. This will cause the top to stretch for you.

If you leave the bottom bulb off you will lower your yield and stretch the buds out.

Earlmarne

Got the 2nd 1000 in the there today and reflectix on the back of my move able stands.
Gunna let them chill at 24/0 til tomorrow.
Dang hortilux bulbs are bright.
The girls are drinking fast in the 10 gallon pots, and the fan seems to be keeping temps in the low 70s at the leafs so all seems well.
If nothing changes I will start 12/12 tomorrow night.

Earlmarne

Had their first taste of dark today. Lights just came on and I swear they already stretched out some.
Had to get a heater going and lower the thermostat for my extraction fab for lights off. The rh spiked to 84 quick with no air pulling out.
Guess I'll have to keep that sucker working full time

Earlmarne

Everything is going well.
Had to go buy a new ballast.my mag wouldn't fire the second hps. Temps are staying in check and everything is filling in fast. Pots are not drying as quick as with 24 light.

Speed of green

Looking good, I'm interested to see those ladies fill out. i have some plants that are 2 weeks into flower and I'm on the fence about defoliating.

Earlmarne

Think they are getting ready to take off. Tops were all bright green today this pics from lights on yesterday.

Attachments

• 20170326_192214.jpg
    20170326_192214.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 15

Earlmarne

Really thinking on giving jacks hydro nutes a try.
Running through a lot of nutes these days and gen hydro ain't had but if I can get the same results cheaper from jacks I would have a good bit more coin to throw at other factors in my shop

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Really thinking on giving jacks hydro nutes a try.
Running through a lot of nutes these days and gen hydro ain't had but if I can get the same results cheaper from jacks I would have a good bit more coin to throw at other factors in my shop

I have been running them for 5 or 6 years. They work great.

Earlmarne

Found it.
The cinex is stretching pretty decent but the hashplant not so much.
You think another defoliating would be good after stretch? They pack it back on quick.
Feeding equal parts gh 3 part right now with 1 ml drip clean per gallon and 30 ml silica per 55 g res. I bring my well water from 70 ppms to 170 with epsom salts also.
Have had it in my head to switch to heads formula here in another week or 2.
Think I will have a higher quality meds with 6/9 or sticking with equal parts 3 part?
I'm watering at 1150 ppms as of now

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Found it.
The cinex is stretching pretty decent but the hashplant not so much.
You think another defoliating would be good after stretch? They pack it back on quick.
Feeding equal parts gh 3 part right now with 1 ml drip clean per gallon and 30 ml silica per 55 g res. I bring my well water from 70 ppms to 170 with epsom salts also.
Have had it in my head to switch to heads formula here in another week or 2.
Think I will have a higher quality meds with 6/9 or sticking with equal parts 3 part?
I'm watering at 1150 ppms as of now

I dont know I have never ran 3 part.

If they are crowding to much trim if no crowding dont trim.

I used to run 6/9 from week 2-6 with 2mL koolbloom , then 0/9 on week 7 w/ 2.5mL koolbloom, then flush week 8-9. I'd cut calmag after week 5. Great results every time.

Buddler

Veteran
Hi Earl this is shaping up to be a good one you got a great coach there with mr I.C. lookin forward to tagging along.B

Earlmarne

Got some of my dry nutes ordered up.
Got 3 gallons of my gh nutes left so it'll be a run or 2 before I get going on the jacks.

Earlmarne

Well today is 9th day of 12/12
I think 10 gallon pots may have been over kill.
I was giving them a gallon a day in the hempies and they would be good news dry in 24 hours in pure coco. Now 1 gallon ends up over filling a couple of them in chow mix in the 10 gallon smart pots
Not a whole lot of stretch happening.
Fed em an ewc,lush roots, alfalfa meal, maxicrop tea today
Getting thick in there again. Going to wait til I'm sure they are done stretching to do any trimming

Attachments

• 20170402_185901.jpg
    20170402_185901.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170402_185857.jpg
    20170402_185857.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 10