What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.D. Fast Version

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
She looks amazing!!
What a gorgeous plant you have there my friend ;)
If you don't mind, we will sharing this pictures in our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Sweet smokes!!
jaypp

I'm honored my friend. Nice work on your guys end.

Bubblegum man! Pure bubblegum! Sweet Afghani Delicious indeed.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
A few autoflowering plants.... some of my lowryder F2's and a bunch of Sweet Seeds autos. Also some other freebie autos but not too many of those. There are a couple regular plants in the mix... wonder if you can guess which? One is a surprise as it was supposed to be a Lowryder.

PYraks2.jpg

PVt0EVO.jpg

ouwqH6X.jpg

Please note that a few of these got topped (aggressively) by some rabbits/deer.... fence is what it is for now. They seem to have lost interest.

boobman

Hey Bro! Wicked light coming down on your plants there!

That is one big stalk on the plant that you are hiding behind.

Will you be doing any LST on them? You'll increase your yield.

I just LST'd many of mine that are outdoors.

Have a good day!

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
So this is a J47 auto that got some additional space and didn't get forcibly topped... plant on the left in a bin, it was 2x the size (planted at the same time) at the time of it's intense topping... probably would have been a monster. Pretty sure this plant is gonna be pushing a QP by the time it's all said and done.

z7BhGD6.jpg

Close up

QO0AYAL.jpg

And here's the aggressively topped plant... probably still gonna get around a zip from it. Oh well, can't win em all.

KUFTJje.jpg

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Learned some things this run. Planted the autos too close together, they didn't get a chance to get as big as they could have I think. But still averaged about 2 oz a plant and the smoke is very good. I love the smells of some of the Black Jacks especially.

The SAD Fast Version yielded a lb and a half.

Here she is just before I started cutting some main colas - really started raining late and they were big and dense. COuldn't risk it so I was up late harvesting.

D9Xps23.jpg

And a close up:

rKw1xIU.jpg

Did have some odd behavior with regards to flowering and such. It definitely started flowering and then stopped and then started again which caused it to mature oddly. Overall though it's yielding over 15% rosin from squeezes and smells a lot like watermelon bubblegum. It's really nice product overall. I suspect there are better specimens to be found in the seeds. Not going to keep her although I do have a mom sitting in the tent she's probably going to die and I'll do another hunt next year.

The autos yielded similarly in terms of rosin production. Next year I probably do Black Jack fast version outside.

A question for the Sweet Seeds guys: Have you ever considered releasing S1's of that Jack Herer? I suspect that plant is un-freaking-believable. :D

I'll get some dry finished shots up here soon.

gorilla ganja

Very impressive OGEvilgenius.
Can you do a recap on when you put it out and what the light hrs were when it started flowering?
Looks like a beautiful plant for the north.
Looking forward to a smoke report.

Peace GG

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Smoke report will have to wait a bit, although the rosin pressed from it was great. Still early though.

Definitely a winner for around our latitude. I started the seed in March sometime - vegged it for a while and then put it out late May. Days were still getting longer - was vegged uner 18hrs but the days were shorter when it went out (was hot out though) and I think it freaked a bit. Had some weird weather overall this year. It's pretty photosensitive though given it seemed to start flowering mid July but then got really hot out again for a spell and I think it threw it off.. some weirdness but no major issues and the end result is definitely a plus. No nanners in spite of this.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OGEvilgenius :D

Amazing garden my friend. Keep it up and sweet harvests :peppermintstick:

tommy

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Hey OGE,

what is the size of the pot where you ran the J47 auto please? First pic, post nr. 25.

I forget exact size of the container off hand, but it's a Rubbermaid storage tote - half size full size container. Like it's the bigger one but cut in half vertically. I think it's somewhere around 8 gallons.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I never did do a smoke report.. It was delightful. :D

I did those fast version Black Jacks outside too. They weren't as fast to finish, had some go into early Oct that probably would have liked to have gone longer. But damn, it's some fine smelling and smoking herb and I got about a lb a plant.

Latest posts

Latest posts