Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Old BOG seed stock?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Seed Boutique!
Old BOG seed stock? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2015, 02:05 AM #1
Ghostin

Ghostin has a spectacular aura aboutGhostin has a spectacular aura aboutGhostin has a spectacular aura aboutGhostin has a spectacular aura about
Old BOG seed stock?

Hey Icmag world!

I bought a pack of Lifesavers and Blue Moon Rocks in about 2013-14' off of Seed Boutique and I tried to germ them using various methods (24 hr soak, paper towel tek and straight to soil) but I couldn't get any of them to pop. They were stored in the original plastic bag in which the seeds came in, inside of a small glass jar inside of a small cardboard box and inside of a rubbermaid container until now (yah, I know). Does anyone know if this stock is old and not worth rebuying? I'm very disappointed to tell you the truth. Any ideas? Thanks!
Ghostin is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:09 AM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Hit up BOG here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=15918

He'll work w ya.
MJPassion is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:47 AM #3
Ghostin

Ghostin has a spectacular aura aboutGhostin has a spectacular aura aboutGhostin has a spectacular aura aboutGhostin has a spectacular aura about
I just posted there, thank you!
Ghostin is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:22 PM #4
Obsidian

Obsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really niceObsidian is just really nice
you suffocated your seeds they need oxygen to survive storage.

Legerdemain Artist

Obsidian is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:28 PM #5
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
did you try scuffing them with sandpaper???? ..bog seeds are tough to crack sometimes..yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:30 PM #6
loblollydreams

loblollydreams will become famous soon enoughloblollydreams will become famous soon enoughloblollydreams will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
You can disregard that advice OP.

BOG is a very nice guy, and I'm sure if you contact him he will replace your seeds. Unfortunately this is a common issue with his stock that gets shouted down by people who enjoy his lines, partially because he's a really nice guy and people don't want to feel like someone they like is under attack. I had repeat germination problems with something like four different lines of his. He was always helpful and replaced them, but I distinctly remember an explanation back in maybe 2012 or 2013 of "well those came off an outdoor plant" when I asked about the low germ problems. Not user error on my part - dozens of other cultivars and dozens of other species get sprouted in my garden. It's a problem with quality control on either the breeder or the distributors end. We can make it personal because we like a breeder or we can face the facts like consumers and producers and work to get it resolved.
loblollydreams is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:30 PM #7
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
well how come my seeds in little baggies and in a mason jar full of rice survived all these years and still sprout.....there goes your theory...yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:14 PM #8
windycitysmoker
⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖

windycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant futurewindycitysmoker has a brilliant future
some people and there crazy theory's

TFG ...THE FUCKING GUY'S

THE MAKING OF STRAWBERRY KUSH BREATH
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....10#post7835010

MY Thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....327358&page=12
windycitysmoker is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:25 PM #9
Ghostin

I don't think I suffocated them, I popped bagseed that was stored in the same way but they were around 10 years old.

@stoned-trout - I haven't tried scuffing them, I didn't know I had to but I'll definitely give that a shot if I get more. In your opinion, should I scuff every seed that I plan to germ or just the old ones? Have you ever seen downsides from scuffing?

@loblollydreams - Thanks for the info dude. And I agree, it's most likely a quality control issue between BOG and the distributors. Oh well, what can I do now but ask for a replacement or move on = (.

Thanks guys!
Ghostin is offline Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:34 PM #10
soserthc1

soserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nice
You should scoff seeds after they don't open in a reasonable amount of time ( 48/60 hrs to me)
Gently rub them down with some sandpaper and back in the towels.

I also will add some dmso to the tap water I use.
Bogs good with replacements from what I've seen ,

Sometimes these threads and I think to myself how many people just hustle breeders for free gear......... Me personally I would caulk it up and move on or pm but that just me

#aliencush
#caseyscush #squarehead 12/07/14
soserthc1 is offline Quote