What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orchid growers

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I just got a couple of orchids..a Phalaenopsis and an Oncidium "Redolence." I love them both! The Oncidium has a sweet vanilla scent and the Phalaenopsis just opened up another bud. I think I am addicted!

ORCHID UPDATE

ORCHID UPDATE

Well I won't lie the orchids grow slower then the pot but finally yielding some fat flowers on my littlest one!

BEFORE

picture.php

NOW

picture.php

N

noyd666

just looking around enjoying the sun. I'm not sure if these are orchids or lilies????

Last edited:

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
wow clarance thats beautiful. i just missed out on an ebay auction for one of those. they appear to be hard to find.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Wild Orchid

Wild Orchid

It took me to ling to get back with my camera and the flower died. At a very remote spot I saw this plant it is growing on a tree that is on the edge of a cliff and can't get to it. No one lives for miles so birds must have planted it years ago. It was a nice purple color when I saw it 3 weeks ago. I love finding stuff like this in the rain forest. This area get 200 inches of rain a year. Aloha
033-or wild.jpg

033-wild or.jpg

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
Hey dirtboy, I think that might be Oncidium altissimum. I was thinking Onc. sphacelatum, but the leaves don't appear to be as long. I grow both and the altissimum looks similar to yours. A closer shot could tell us more.

I think Hawaii only has a few native orchids. That appears to be a Vanda. Certainly Vandaceous, but with all the crazy intergeneric hybrids you guys pump out, it is hard to tell just by looking at the plant. I would proclaim it as invasive and deem it okay to remove it and take it home. It is probably a hybrid, so it does not belong in the wild anyways.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

I have a friend here who has orchids named after his dad lol, he is one of the guys in the know about pakalolo tho. we smoke out sometimes and he always has the crip. nice, here they are wild as fuck and all the old Japanese families are always pumping out hybrids. one day I will have to take some picture of my other friend's mom's yard. she has been getting orchids for mothers and birthdays for like 20 years and they always have to get her something she hasn't had before. well, that is if I am still allowed there haha shit. aloha

Dirtboy808

Veteran
But getting to it will be a hard. The tree is 40ft tall and is on a 50ft cliff over a stream.
I bought a plant that the flowers were not great but the smell was amazing. It was bread for 50 yrs by this Japanese old man.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's so pretty herbal I have a cpl of plants now, they are doing very well....let's hope they continue, I'm deff not over watering them like I did with the other one I had.